PDA

View Full Version : Why the Poly does not have a Fitness Center or a Business Ctr.?

lat
08-26-2003, 07:00 AM
I know most of the people probably won't need the business ctr or the gym while at WDW. DH may need to work while we are there at Poly (in two more days:D ), I called Poly and was told that he has to go to GF for these.

For a deluxe resort, I am kind of surprised that they don't have these facilities. I guess does that mean Poly does not have conferences held?

PamOKW
08-26-2003, 07:23 AM
I guess does that mean Poly does not have conferences held?

The Poly does not have convention facilities. I'm sure guests who are attending large conferences at the GF or the Contemporary often stay there but it does not have it's own meeting rooms or even a ballroom. I would think the Poly could arrange to send and receive faxes if that's necessary. Not sure about the gym, maybe one wasn't included when the resort was built since they weren't as popular then.

erikthewise
08-26-2003, 10:07 AM
I believe that Polynesian guests may use the Health Club at the Grand Floridian. I doubt that it's free but you'd pay the same as GF guests. It's actually a very nice walk, about 1/2 to 3/4 mile, but you could always take the monorail if you prefer.

DZNEEXPERT
08-28-2003, 10:52 PM
The Polynesian was built as a vacation resort. A place to get away from it all! If they would have built those two, then that would defeat the purpose. It's a good thing the Grand Flordian is just a short monorail trip away.