PDA

View Full Version : TripleA Membership worth it for discount?

Wenlitz
08-26-2003, 06:46 AM
I am planning a trip for 10 of us, 3 familys at the world. I have been trying to find out what carribean beach is going for in the sept. oct time frame. I have called Disney and got rack rates only.
I was told no discounted rates at this time for this year. We wont be going till next year. I was offered the AAA rate of 118.00 including taxes. Is this the best I can hope for? Thanks for your help. My family is very anxious to at least know where they are staying!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

safetymom
08-26-2003, 07:06 AM
Having AAA is a great deal. Besides all that membership offers you for your car they have lots of great discounts that I more than save the cost of membership. At this point AAA discounts seem to be all that is available.

pooh6890
08-26-2003, 09:43 AM
I think $118 is a great rate for the Mods. When we stayed at CBR we paid $154 rack for a waterview (which is really a pool view). Rack rate for regular is $133 so at least the $118 is a discount. I got $61.60 for Allstar Sports in November and if they release AP or Fla discount it would drop to $49, and you can't beat that. I love the AAA discounts and their car service is terrific. It's worth the $45 a year we pay and you also get 10% discount at Universal if interested too.

Tigger Fans!
08-26-2003, 09:49 AM
Hi-

You could always book at the AAA rate and then wait to see if better rates become available. I can purchase an AAA membership at Costco for about $50. You just need your membership card at check-in to qualify for the discount.

TTFN!

vicb
08-27-2003, 10:01 PM
Beware: I had to provide my AAA # and expiration date when I made my ressie, was told to have valid card at check in too!