PDA

View Full Version : Bummed out - AKL concierge is full

luvisgirl
08-26-2003, 07:42 AM
So - I've been debating upgrading to concierge at the AKL for a couple of weeks now - well - I guess I waited to long because it is all full now.

Nuts.

No sunrise safari for us!!!

jmcross
08-26-2003, 07:45 AM
Keep calling and maybe a spot will open up. People cancel things all the time.

Good Luck!

Joanne

ducklite
08-26-2003, 08:03 AM
I would definitely call at the 60, 45, 30, 14, 10, 7, and 3 day points. Those are all times that TA's cancel rooms held in blocks, airfares go up, packages must be paid in full, etc.

Anne

mep319
10-11-2003, 08:21 AM
I know what you mean...I've been adding days...as they have opened up. I've been lucky enough to get 6 out of 7 days, so hang in there..I got the last 4 nites first and then just 2 weeks ago was able to add 2 additional nites. We are missing just our day of arrival, 10/24. I call everyday, sometimes a couple time a day. Remember you can hold 2 reservations...which I am doing now and will have to cancel one 5 days out. I'm at the point where I have to make a decision and I don't know what to do! I've held 3 days of my previous reservation in a standard savannah...I don't know if I want to move after just one day. Or if I should split it 3/4. My DH may kill me! We split a 3/4 stay last time at WL/AKL and I personally didn't like moving. I was holding out for AP rates but I even broke down and was willing to pay rack rates but there is nothing available. I guess I could do an overnight bag for the first nite..maybe with one nite I may have a better chance of getting upgraded so they don't have to bother moving me too. What do you think?? I'm frustrated!
.....argh.....:confused: :mad: :rolleyes:

kda
10-11-2003, 07:52 PM
Here's pixie dust for you ******^^^^^^********
We love AKL and staying concierge is a dream we have. Perhaps you could get at least a few days (when the safari is offered) and keep trying to add on.

mep319
10-12-2003, 08:54 AM
I don't know when you sent that pixie dust but I got the last day or should I say our first day yesterday!!! I'm so excited...it's going to be a surprise for the rest of the family. DH knows about the last 4 days...he agreed just to do the sunrise safari...imagine his shock when it is all 7 nites!! Yeah!! Thanks for the dust!