PDA

View Full Version : Can an AP rate be applied to part of your stay???

susy
08-26-2003, 06:09 AM
I have ressies at WL for 11/26-12/1. If Ap rates are blacked out for my first two nights (11/26 and 11/27),can I still have them applied to the last three nights (11/28, 11/29, 11/30) without having two ressies? Since I have classes on Thurs, I was going to have my mom call for me and I don't want her getting all confused. Also, does she have to make another call to get her own AP rates or will the CM do both on the one call?

CindyAnn
08-26-2003, 06:47 AM
Susy - If you're going to have two rates (one of which will be AP) you're going to need two ressies. The CM should be able to link them for you as a continuing reservation, so that you probably won't have to change rooms (though the possibility does exist). You'll also have to complete some formalities at the front desk to "check out" and "check in" again.

Good Luck!

seashoreCM
08-26-2003, 08:48 AM
One time I booked a stay (3 nights) before AP rates came out.

Then when I finally got wind of AP rates being out I called and they weren't available for my entire stay. I was able to book a duplicate AP stay for just the first night. When its confirmation arrived I modified the older 3 night stay to be just the second 2 nights. I kept doing this and did eventually get AP rates for the entire stay but now it was 3 individual nights requiring 3 separatge deposits, which was no problem for me.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

susy
08-26-2003, 05:49 PM
Oh no. since it is tow ressies, do I have to get my stuff out of the room by 11 and check into another room at 3? How does this all work?

DebbieB
08-26-2003, 05:57 PM
They should be able to link your reservations so you don't have to move, but it could happen. I would send a fax 5 days before you leave showing both reservation #'s and ask that you don't have to move. You probably will have to go to the front desk and get new room key cards.

GoldenOldie
08-26-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by DebbieB
...You probably will have to go to the front desk and get new room key cards.
No probably about it. She definitely will get new resort ID's when she checks in for the second reservation since each ID is tied to a single reservation.

susy
08-27-2003, 04:55 AM
Okay, that would mean on the Friday of my trip (the day after Thanksgiving), I would have to go down adn get new room keys, right? We are going to MGM at openign that day, coming back after lunch for a break and then going to Epcot that evening. Can this be doen during our afternnon break? Can I just go over to the front desk when we return from MGM?

DebbieB
08-27-2003, 07:10 AM
I would ask when you check-in the first time what they advise. Make sure that they are going to hold your same room on the switch day, I would even call the front desk that morning.

GoldenOldie
08-27-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by susy
Okay, that would mean on the Friday of my trip (the day after Thanksgiving), I would have to go down adn get new room keys, right? We are going to MGM at openign that day, coming back after lunch for a break and then going to Epcot that evening. Can this be doen during our afternnon break? Can I just go over to the front desk when we return from MGM?
You probably wouldn't want to do it then. You'll be tired and hot and the line at the front desk will probably be long and slow and you won't be able to get back into your room until you get the new resort ID's. Do it in the morning before breakfast. There will be a whole lot fewer folks at the front desk then than there will be in the afternoon.