PDA

View Full Version : Just back from GF- any questions?

Eeyore18
08-25-2003, 11:01 PM
We just returned from our stay at the Grand Floridian for 3 nights. What a beautiful resort! Any questions?

TestTrackBoy
08-25-2003, 11:16 PM
Hi, I hope you had a great time there. I love the Grand Floridian. This is a bit off topic, but I see your from Whippany, I'm from Cedar Knolls. I never see anybody from our township on any forums. Sorry to go off topic, but thats cool!

grimp
08-25-2003, 11:44 PM
Did you try the character dinner at 1900 Park Fare and if so, what what your opinion? We are arriving mid-afternoon at the end of January, 2004, and thought we might try the character dinner that day as a way to put us in the mood for our assult on the theme parks beginning the next day.

minster22
08-26-2003, 05:34 AM
Would you share which building you were in and what view you had please?! I am so glad to hear how beautiful you felt it was....so many folks here have a less than stellar review. We are booked there next spring for 7 nights and have never stayed there and cannot wait!!!

TeenaS
08-26-2003, 08:37 AM
We've stayed there lots of time and our favorite building is Conch Key. If you get the view of Cinderella's Castle from your room, it's an extra special treat but none of the views are bad. This is my favorite of all the resorts and I've been to most of them. Never had any problems there - - and it is definitely is not stuffy like some people say. It is totally magical!!!!

songbert
08-26-2003, 08:54 AM
Which of their restaurants did you eat at?
How was your room?
How was transportation (other than the monorail)?

momto2
08-26-2003, 09:08 PM
I too would like to know which building/room you were in. What was your view? How crowded were the pools? How was the food at the Grille? What choices were available for beverages using the refillable mugs? And Lastly, did you have a coffeemaker in your room?

THanks for the help, we are leaving in about 6 weeks.:Pinkbounc

Eeyore18
08-26-2003, 09:21 PM
Hi everyone! Will try to answer most of the questions.
We stayed at Sago Cay in room 5417. I really liked that building alot! It was quiet and had a nice view of the marina. Very close to Gasparilla Grille. Nothing was really that far, plus walking through the resort is always beautiful. We requested a dormer room, but it somehow got mixed up, so we had a standard garden view. We could see Space Mountain from our balcony. I actually liked the larger balcony anyway.
We did have a character dinner at 1900 Park Faire to get us in the mood too. We didn't go to the parks our first day.
The buffet was surprisingly good, very crowded, but all the characters did come and visit.
The refillable mug is good, if you remember to bring it with you. You can get soda, coffee, tea. I should of got more use out of it.
The pool (theme pool) was somewhat crowded, but not too much. Our problem was getting there between the thunderstorms. They do close the pools at the first sound of thunder and lightning.
Sometimes it felt a bit stuffy, some CM's were very nice, others didn't seem to care that much. I'm sure you find that anywhere though! Have a great time when you go!!!

momto2
08-26-2003, 09:54 PM
Eeyore,
Thanks for the time and all the answers. We just made final payment yesterday and I requested Sago Cay too. We wanted to be close to the Grill and the main building. With all the 'concierge' talk. It is nice to hear of someone who had a standard room (like us). Was the balcony small - you mentioned something about a bigger balcony (was that in reference to the dormer room).

Also, as a caffeine junkie - do they have coffee makers in the room? Thanks again!:p