PDA

View Full Version : gifts for concierge

dansyr
08-25-2003, 11:18 PM
Ok,
We will be at AKL in 8 days ....yippee:bounce: :Pinkbounc
Jack who has been helping with some surprises for my dbf's birthday has been so helpful. He even ran around looking for a stuffed lion for me.
What is an appropriate thank you gift ??? Are they allowed to accept any kind of monetary tip??
Any help would be appreciated !!!!

LoriZH
08-26-2003, 02:23 AM
I have not had the pleasure of staying conceirge (stayed club level a couple of times) but I have read that most people send some type of goody basket. I have heard of the monetary tip, but mostly the baskets of some sort.

Have fun!

turnlisa
08-26-2003, 07:14 AM
I am very interested in this as well. We are staying Poly Concierage and Tara and Aida have been wonderful. I did make a point of getting their manager's name and expressing my appreciation for all of their interest in our trip to him.

I would like to send them some WWWD pins. The only thing is I am not sure where to send it? If anyone has this information, I would love to have it. Thanks...

miko
08-26-2003, 07:45 AM
I can't speak for Disney concierge, but for Marriott and Hyatt concierge I will normally leave 5-10 dollars per day (more if some really special ticket or reservation has been made). Of course the Hotels I stay at usually have the same concierge during my visits so the "tip" goes directly to them and no sharing is required. A gift basket sounds appropriate if you are "served" by a team.

MamaQuack
08-26-2003, 09:46 AM
I was told politely but firmly at the YC that the concierge staff cannot accept cash. So, now when I go I take a thank you card purchased at home and place gift certificates in it - Blockbuster, Publix Supermarket, or Barnes & Noble, etc. I also try to take something native to my state - like I usually take Pralines or something GA BullDog if I know the concierge is a sports fan. I have never had any of these gifts refused or returned - December will make our 20th trip in 7 years.