PDA

View Full Version : OKW v. WLV HELP PLEASE

rlduvall
08-25-2003, 05:01 PM
I need help fast. I have to make a decision by tomorrow morning. Either OKW studio or WLV studio. I can't decide. It is my husband, me and our 4 year old son. I thought I would love WLV. The exterior and the Lodge is incredible. But from the photographs, I think the studio room looks rather bland. In fact, the regular rooms in the Lodge look prettier to me than the studio. I can't afford a 1 bedroom. Being from Oklahoma, the decor looks like what we see around here everday. Anyone stayed in one of the studios at WLV? Then, OKW looks a little boring and, although the studios are bigger, the have two queen beds, making them seem smaller. HELP ME. I am such a priss. Also, OKW is $140.00 cheaper over a 4 night span. Not a big enough reason to not go with WLV, but I'm not convinced I like the rooms there better. Thanks for your help.

TIdoublegaER
08-25-2003, 05:16 PM
The studios at OKW are larger than VWL, but with the 2 queen beds, feel smaller, IMO. I think you need to decide what is important to you in terms of themeing (woodsy vs. florida), location (close to MK vs DTD), room layout (2 beds vs. bed/sofa), etc. The pics of VWL are deceiving. I wasn't all that impressed with the decor based on the photos I had seen, but really liked it when I saw it in person. I have to say, it doesn't remind me of Oklahoma at all - more like Colorado. Another consideration might be whether or not you will have a car. Some locations at OKW are remote and you would have to rely on the buses to get to the check-in/main pool area to use those facilities if your room wasn't already close by. This would not be an issue at VWL.

Since you have a 4yo, I am guessing that you will be going to MK. If that is the case, I would go with VWL. I would also rather have the sofa to have some place to sit rather than have to lounge on the beds.

dvcHammer
08-25-2003, 06:52 PM
With a 4 year old, I'd be tempted to go to VWL. More themed and closer to MK.

OKW is lovely, and quieter than VWL, and I like the quiet after a day of running around. The rooms there are a bit bigger and if you have a car, you can park right by the unit and not have to go far to get in. I've been going for years now and I always would chose OKW as my first choice. Most rooms have much larger balconys and when the kids go to sleep, it's a nice place to relax. The views are of the canals or the golf course and I like sitting out on the balcony. The balcony at VWL are much smaller.

If it's your first visit, VWL is much more "Disney"
If it's a repeat trip OKW is much more relaxing.

Both are great choices. OKW is very spread out, and if you are far from the front, a car is almost needed to get up to the pool. I know that after a long day, I have skipped going to the main pool because one more long walk was just too much when we didn't have a rental car. Try to get up by the Hospitality House if you don't have a car.

Hope that helps.

:)

Deb & Bill
08-25-2003, 10:09 PM
OKW Studios beat any other DVC studio. The bathroom is twice the size of any other. There are more washers/dryers available. You get two queen beds instead of one queen and one double sleeper sofa. If I don't have the points to stay in a one bedroom, I'll stay in an OKW studio.