PDA

View Full Version : AP rates coming

skiwee1
08-25-2003, 03:58 PM
I just read on another board about someone calling about AP rates. She was told that they are pending in the system and should be out this week. They are for October and November with the usual blackout dates. They are targeted for AP holders. I just called CRO to confirm this before posting and I was told the same thing.

Stimpy
08-25-2003, 04:01 PM
Anything for Sept?

TwingleMum
08-25-2003, 04:08 PM
Thanks for sharing I hope it happens.

ead79
08-25-2003, 04:14 PM
I hope they get released soon! I also hope they offer some for December. :)

CarolA
08-25-2003, 04:17 PM
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but isn't this about the 5th different CM date! Personally I am not sure they know any more then we do, they just want to get us off the phone! LOL!

TraceyL
08-25-2003, 04:20 PM
Fingers crossed :Pinkbounc

C.Ann
08-25-2003, 04:34 PM
Might help those who are waiting for these rates if you mentioned which "other" board it was - and who they got their info from..

Although I'm an "off-siter", it's been driving me nuts watching everyone wait for these elusive discounts..

And did the folks on the other board mention why they would skip September entirely? I think there are quite a few here still holding out for September discounts..

madge
08-25-2003, 04:39 PM
I saw a post on the AOL Disney boards.....

C.Ann
08-25-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by madge
I saw a post on the AOL Disney boards.....
--------------------

I didn't even know that AOL had a Disney Board - LOL!! I'm always on this one..

So - did they say exactly who confirmed this info - and why September was being passed by entirely?

Tonyspad
08-25-2003, 05:34 PM
I also do not want to rain on everyones parade but I would not be holding my breath counting on those AP discounts. It even seems that there is less talk about them on this board. I wish good luck to everyone.

DMRick
08-25-2003, 05:36 PM
So - did they say exactly who confirmed this info - and why September was being passed by entirely?

I don't think it really matters, since I think most of the CM's are guessing, and sooner or later one will hit it right LOL.

I was told last week it was in the system, and when I had to speak to a supervisor (since the CM was trying to charge me tax for rack rate when I had the AAA rate), she told me it was not in any system she was working on, but hopes it will show up soon. SHE said if it was in the system, it would be offered. They are running out of days to guess, so I have no doubt it will show up soon. Too late for us, we have booked off site and are happy to not be wondering anymore. I'll be watching for our January trip.

You didn't know AOL has a Dis board LOL?

CaliforniaDreaming
08-25-2003, 05:40 PM
Hope we see some for January soon!

mkymouse4ever
08-25-2003, 05:51 PM
Of course they will come out now and through december! I booked that winter package thing this morning! And I will have to drop all those ressies and re- book and buy an ap again! :rolleyes:

;) Here's keeping our finger's crossed it works again, the day I booked FTP the ap rates for august came out! ;)

MKY :D

hulabird
08-25-2003, 06:04 PM
I got an email last week from WDW saying that the AP program is still going on and that the only thing being discontinued is the DC. It also stated that AP discounts for rooms are NORMALLY given throughout the year, they said this is a benefit of the AP. Doesn't sound like they are discontinuing AP discounts to me. It's a shame that some of you had to miss out, but I never thought for a minute that they would totally chuck all the room only discounts and play to only one market (those wanting a package). That would be a bad marketing decision. I am a Marketing Director by profession and we never play to ONLY one market as customers come from all walks of life.

suzywindy
08-25-2003, 06:04 PM
Boy oh boy do I hope you are the charm!
;)

susy
08-25-2003, 06:29 PM
What usual black out dates??? I hope they are not blacking out Thanksgiving! Those dates were not blacked out last year. As I knew I was going this year, last year I copied everything I could get my hands on-discounts, park hours, etc. Now, Fl Res rates-those were blacked out.

Janet2k
08-25-2003, 08:32 PM
Mary's website (Mousesavers) has also picked up on the discount rumor (she just updated her website). On her website, she gives the dates that she thinks the AP rates might be good for (she also thinks they might be released on Thursday).

Robinette
08-25-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by C.Ann
Might help those who are waiting for these rates if you mentioned which "other" board it was - and who they got their info from..

I just saw this on MouseSavers.com:

WDW Annual Passholders - keep your fingers crossed, looks like resort discount rates may be released this Thursday for stays 10/2/03-11/24/03 and 11/28/03-12/26/03!

johnnyr
08-25-2003, 08:41 PM
I don't know if anyone posted it here yet, but it is up on mousesavers.com. It says they could be this Thursday for stays 10/2/03-11/24/03 and 11/28/03-12/26/03. I was thinking of going Dec 26th to Dec31. If these AP rate do materialize, would I get the AP rate for my entire stay if I check in on Dec 26th?

John

shopgirl72
08-25-2003, 08:46 PM
WE CAN ONLY HOPE THIS IS SO!!!! AP RATES FOR DECEMBER PLEASE!!

kimmar067
08-25-2003, 08:48 PM
Yeah, well so is Christmas!!!:mad:

AdventurerKat
08-25-2003, 09:04 PM
I hope this time the rumor proves true.

JKW
08-25-2003, 09:16 PM
Hi all............I do not post very often but I just need to get this off of my chest. I called tonight to check on AP rates for September (you know arguably the slowest month of the year!) and a very nice CM told me that she saw the AP rates for October, November and December but none for September. Makes me wonder what they are thinking. Hmmmm............let's see how many rides can we close(while we are there - TOT, RNRC, BTMRR, FOTLK) and offer no discounts (other than AAA, DC, and Visa) before people start to get upset. I have been planning this September trip since our last trip October of last year. We knew the downfalls of going in Sept. but certainly did not expect this. I did however make reservations with a AAA discount and reserved the room we could afford but I feel alittle disallusioned by the lack of AP rates for September. I fear that next year we may make the trek for Universal and others. We really enjoy Disney too bad they don't enjoy us. Thanks for letting me vent.

Good luck to all............

C.Ann
08-25-2003, 09:20 PM
If it does in fact come to be, that will be great for the folks who are going from October on!

Anyone hear any "rumors" why they left out September though? Isn't that historically a very low attendance time that they would want to fill? Or did the FTP take care of that?

I bet everyone will be up and on the phone bright and early on Thursday - huh? ;)

chinamom3
08-25-2003, 09:28 PM
Someone just posted on another board that they read about this rumor and called and spoke to a CM who confirmed that it was true-AP rates will be released on Thursday. Ok, so now we get to guess time of day...

Gary M
08-25-2003, 09:39 PM
I read on another board where Universal is offering some very good room and pass rates. The poster said there isn't anything like competition. We'll see what happens on Thursday.

diznee25
08-25-2003, 09:57 PM
Anyone hear any "rumors" why they left out September though? Isn't that historically a very low attendance time that they would want to fill? Or did the FTP take care of that?
I haven't heard any rumors as to why they left out Septmber, but my best educated guess would be that the FTP did extremley well.

Back to main topic: Count me in! I'm going out Dec.14th-27th and can't wait to see if AP discounts come out this Thursday.

Do AP codes run out fast in general, or is it ok if I don't call until 10am? (Noon Florida time.)

Thanks,
Michelle

DebbieB
08-25-2003, 10:03 PM
Boy I really outsmarted myself. I booked my trip Oct 1 to 6 thinking I could get value rates for the entire trip by arriving Oct 1. I could have got the Swan AP rate if I would have arrived Oct 2, Oct 1 was sold out. So I booked AAA at CBR. Now the AP rates start Oct 2! I guess I'll have to do a split reservation if the rates are good.

grimp
08-25-2003, 10:22 PM
First you must understand that Disney is a corporation and that Walt is long dead and unable to make his benovelent dream a reality. (Lets face it, he loved a mouse and the rest of us set mouse traps.)

A corporation is like a living cell, only it is basically stupid. It has sensors that evaluate the outside world, but these sensors are imprecise at best, muted by the unwillingness of its parts (many employee people) to cooperate.

First the overall cell received the input of 9/11 and reacted as if it was shocked beyond any prior experience. The cell, in order to survive opened its feeding orafice. Any who will come we welcome the expreience to feed upon you and one of the major feeding sources was annual passholders. Stay at some of the places you could not have dreamed of before. Luxury previously reserved to the big players, we have in excess and we offer it to you for what otherwise you could not afford. We at Disney need at least a little sustinance.

Except that now somehow, in spite of the large number of people who are in economic desperation, the economy is being manipulated by the powers that be in order to keep your good will in the next election, and the Disney cell is in a state of confusion. The cell is receiving some food as a result of the 7 for 4 attempt to funnel plankton into the feeding mouth, and further it is receiving plankton as a result of its subtrafuge to make you think that the winter package is a real deal (this deal is equal to more economical passes plus AAA discounts). Yet the hunger is there and somehow the food source comes at such a discount to full nutrition much as sugar laden donuts do not equal steak and mash potatos.

Swan and Dolphin are experience bookings like they never dreamed cause Disney annual passholders as well as others are flocking in droves as a result of Disney decision to trick vis Winter package and the lack of the annual passholder discounts.

So of course the living Disney cell will eventually figure out that the meal is inadequate unless they offer an incentive to the meal of last resort (annual passholders).

So I think that the living cell Disney will react to the insufficiency of its current diet and continue to entice the midnight snack of annual passholders. There will be a continuation of the annual passholder discounts for hotel rooms as long as Disney cannot fully feed itself with the alternatives.

In the long run, you must however face the reality of the end of the petrocarbon bubble. Enjoy as many Disney and similar trips as you can as sort of your own eating orgy before a diet. In 30 years Disney, the airlines and other energy dependent indursties will be bankrupt and shut down. The future is at best "Little House on the Prairie" as high class living; at worst it is somewhere aroung the "Dark Ages". Everything you consume now is a result of stored energy, which is a once is a planet's lifetime experience and you as a microorganism on the planet should both prepare for the great debacle to come, plus gorge on the last feast offered by the petrocarbon era. Real the "End of the Party" and the work of Richard Duncan.

franw
08-25-2003, 10:35 PM
I spoke with a CM this afternoon to make some changes in reservations for November and she told me that she had no knowledge of any AP discounts coming up any time soon. Hopefully she was out of the loop and we are getting some good inside info rather than speculation. Their phone lines will be burning up on Thursday, that's for sure.

Tigger Fans!
08-25-2003, 10:42 PM
When you wish upon a star.....
Might our discount rate dreams come true??? :teeth:

I'll be calling Thursday morning!

TTFN!

Okay Tag fairy....you're it!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

dijid
08-26-2003, 06:17 AM
While I'm glad to see AP rates coming out, I must say that I have a very bitter taste in my mouth about September. I feel like the only reason I'm not getting an AP rate is because I didn't check the DIS boards for the *hour* they were out.

Originally posted by JKW
Hmmmm............let's see how many rides can we close(while we are there - TOT, RNRC, BTMRR, FOTLK) and offer no discounts (other than AAA, DC, and Visa) before people start to get upset.

Add this in and I'm really feeling like I pulled the short end of the stick. I'll be staying off-site. And if we like it, we'll be there again for our week in May '04.

pattievers
08-26-2003, 06:30 AM
I called last night, to pay the deposit on my disney club reservation, and the Cast Mate...said maybe, by the end of the week they would have AP rates.

Hope it is true..and better than the Disney Club rate I have.

Patti

Sammy
08-26-2003, 06:53 AM
Yay for everyone who will benefit from these AP rates......they won't help us out as we are going in September. Originally, we wanted to stay at POR, but was quoted rack rate of $175 per night (trundle room....family of 5)!!! I REFUSE to pay that much for a moderate room! We then booked at Hotel Royal Plaza for $70/night, but ultimately were able to get the Dolphin at a gov't rate. If Disney continues the "rate-go-round", we'll just stay offsite......DTD hotels are just as close to the parks!

Stimpy
08-26-2003, 07:01 AM
Another disappointed Sept visitor here. :( We usually go in Sept and have always had a AP discount. Swan and Dolphin are both sold out for the 3 nights we are going this year. Why are we being overlooked?? :(

dkostel
08-26-2003, 07:09 AM
I guess it's my fault though for not calling every 1/2 hour. My negligence caused me to miss the 1.5 hour special that they ran on that one day. I'll have to take a leave of absence before my next trip or perhaps hire telemarketers to call Disney for me.

Donna

AirForceRocks
08-26-2003, 07:23 AM
Why are we being overlooked??

Perhaps because they were able to book the rooms without offering discounts?

miko
08-26-2003, 07:34 AM

That is most likey explanation. Of course those who have placed a "hold" on non-reduced rates (probably never intending to actually use) while awaiting discounts screw up the analysis Disney does in evaluating demand.

Stimpy
08-26-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by AirForceRocks

After plugging in different dates, it seems there are plenty of rooms left in all catagories of resorts. When I called CRO, there were rooms available at every resort and at pretty much all levels (ie. standard, preferred, concierge etc)

I'm really hoping they include Sept in the AP rates.

AirForceRocks
08-26-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Stimpy
After plugging in different dates, it seems there are plenty of rooms left in all catagories of resorts. When I called CRO, there were rooms available at every resort and at pretty much all levels (ie. standard, preferred, concierge etc)

I'm really hoping they include Sept in the AP rates.

But you have no idea how many rooms are available - discounts are usually only offered when a certain percentage of rooms are left open. If the availability is above that threshold, why offer discounts? It doesn't make good business sense.

Gary M
08-26-2003, 08:35 AM
Here we go with the individuals who are flaming the AP people over on the debate board. I got suckered into this a couple of weeks ago, so you might just ignore their post. They will come back at me, but not again will I fall for it. Instead of booking their rooms at rack rate and paying that cost, they will jump on the bandwagon and get the discounts while hammering us for looking for and getting the reduced cost.(check the debate board) I do have a masters degree in business and retired 18 years ago and am now 61 years old. I do know something about finances and marketing in the real world. Good bye. Get the flame throwers out. Get ready for the quotes.

AirForceRocks
08-26-2003, 08:44 AM
:confused:

No flames here - I hope the AP rates do come out for the people that want them. No one is hammering anyone for trying to get reduced rates. I've booked for next year at rack rate, and I do hope that some kind of discount comes out for my dates. But if no discounts appear, I'm not going to complain about - I'll just pay the rates I booked at.

I don't know of anyone that doesn't enjoy discounts when they are available. It's just that some people seem to believe that Disney owes them reduced rates, and I just don't get that mindset.

skiwee1
08-26-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Gary M
Here we go with the people who are flaming the AP people over on the debate board. I got suckered into this a couple of weeks ago, so you might just ignore their post. They will come back at me, but not again will I fall for it. Instead of booking their rooms at rack rate and paying that cost, they will jump on the bandwagon and get the discounts while hammering us for looking for and getting the reduced cost.(check the debate board) I do have a masters degree in business and retired 18 years ago and am now 61 years old. I do know something about finances and marketing in the real world. Good bye. Get the flame throwers out. Get ready for the quotes.

Well I am one that was on the DB talking about the whining of AP holders. I too am an AP holder and like the discounts. The difference is I don't continuely complain about not getting something I was never promised. If the discounts come out I will most certainly take advantage of them being an AP holder. BUT if they don't come out I will still be staying at the Poly. I book where I intend to stay, discounts or no discounts.

thessaly
08-26-2003, 08:50 AM
I have to say, the September thing is weird. I've never (in 8+ years) seen the AP rates and Florida Resident rates not overlap... They can't be *totally* full in September from FTP or they wouldn't have offered Fl Res rates. Right?

Ah, I suppose there's no point trying to apply logic.

Good luck to you APers, glad to hear things may work out for later in the year. Maybe they'll toss in some September dates, you never know...

frannn
08-26-2003, 08:52 AM
In regular season, I think the discounted rate might be about 77, but is that usually before or after tax? Not looking for concrete #'s, just an idea...

magicmouse2
08-26-2003, 09:31 AM
Florida res. rates are from $49 - value season.

The AP rates is great news for those who have held on and not cancelled. Personally, I will miss out this time as I will be there 2 weeks today:smooth: However I am now past caring whether I get a discount. I just cant wait to get there:Pinkbounc Glad to know that they havent scraped the AP discounts though;)

Tigger Fans!
08-26-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by frannn
In regular season, I think it might be about 77, but is that usually before or after tax? Not looking for concrete #'s, just an idea...

My 2003 Birnbaum's WDW says Allstar resorts are:
Value season - $77 to $87
Regular season - $99 to $109
Peak season - $109 to $119

The value season rate I was quoted by CRO was $77 plus taxes (one night total $86.24). FYI, AAA rates for the same room were $69 including taxes.

TTFN!

cindyfan
08-26-2003, 10:24 AM
Anyone with any idea of what kind of discount these might be??
Still looking to see if AP or FTP might be the better deal for our trip in Oct.
I guess I will just have to call on Thursday....good thing I am off work.:p

amee
08-26-2003, 10:53 AM
Can someone tell me what time CRO opens in the morning? I am in Seattle and know i will getting up early onThursday to give those AP rates a shot! Thanks!

Amee

DebbieB
08-26-2003, 01:00 PM
CRO opens at 7:00am Eastern. But I wouldn't count on them being available first thing. Alot of times they don't get into the system until late morning, like the CP reservations yesterday.

That is strange about September. I would think October would be more filled with the Halloween parties, Food and Wine Festival. Then there was the "accidental" release. Hopefully something will come out. I have the feeling the rates will not be as good as last year since more rooms are filled to start with.

bru_ellman
08-26-2003, 01:09 PM
I called this morning to make a CP (Candlelight Processional) reservation and they still don't have it quite right. They weren't able to give me a restaurant reservation time (Le Cellier), but they were able to reserve the 12/16 8:15pm show and charge my credit card. ;)

When I call on Thursday to apply AP rates to my room reservation I'll confirm my CP reservation time (The CM was supposed to call me back if it couldn't be at 6PM).

Originally posted by DebbieB
CRO opens at 7:00am Eastern. But I wouldn't count on them being available first thing. Alot of times they don't get into the system until late morning, like the CP reservations yesterday.

snip...

DebbieB
08-26-2003, 01:17 PM
Bruce,

I would call back. I made reservations yesterday for Dec 7 for 6:45 show and 8:00 LeCellier. She had to book it in two steps with separate confirmation #'s.

smfnj
08-26-2003, 08:17 PM
[B]:confused:

I've booked for next year at rack rate, and I do hope that some kind of discount comes out for my dates. But if no discounts appear, I'm not going to complain about - I'll just pay the rates I booked at.
/B]

AirForceRocks,

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I just may be), I seem to remember reading you were active duty military, correct or not? If so, the "Rack Rate" you pay is not the same most people pay.

steve

AirForceRocks
08-26-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by smfnj
AirForceRocks,

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I just may be), I seem to remember reading you were active duty military, correct or not? If so, the "Rack Rate" you pay is not the same most people pay.

steve

Yes, I am active duty military, but I'm not sure where you get the idea that rack for military is any different than rack rate for anyone else. Rack rate is rack rate - the same for everyone.

Wonderlandmom
08-26-2003, 08:33 PM
I think smfnj is referring to the "overflow" rates that military can book at the WDW resorts, through SOG, at discounted rates. We never pay rack rate. If AP or FL resident or a code is not offered, SOG always has had a great rate for any resort we wanted. $79-$99 for Mods, paid $119 for woodsview at WL. :D

AirForceRocks
08-26-2003, 08:38 PM
I see what you are saying Wonderlandmom, but those aren't rack rates.

I made my reservations for CSR a couple of months ago, so overflow rates weren't an option. I've never used overflow - I've always been able to get either a FL resident rate, an AP rate or on our last trip, the military salute rate.

But barring the possibility of an extra person coming with us next year, we want to stay at CSR, (or WL, if the discounts are there), even if we have to pay rack rate for it.

franw
08-26-2003, 08:52 PM
I checked back to mousesavers.com and couldn't find where Mary mentioned the possibility of AP discounts being released some time this week. Could someone tell me where to look for her remarks. Is it under annual passports or under her introduction? I reread it and still couldn't find it. Thanks.

DebbieB
08-26-2003, 09:01 PM
It's on the homepage, about half way down in the yellow area. Maybe empty your cache file, you might be getting an old page.

C.Ann
08-26-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by franw
I checked back to mousesavers.com and couldn't find where Mary mentioned the possibility of AP discounts being released some time this week. Could someone tell me where to look for her remarks. Is it under annual passports or under her introduction? I reread it and still couldn't find it. Thanks.
----------------

If you just type mousesavers.com in your search and click on it, the info is right there on the very first page in red - right under the announcements about special airfares..;)

Gary M
08-26-2003, 09:03 PM
franw, Mary talks about the possible AP room rates on the first page, the 3rd. paragraph down, it's in red.

www.mousesavers.com

smfnj
08-26-2003, 10:17 PM
Yes, I am active duty military, but I'm not sure where you get the idea that rack for military is any different than rack rate for anyone else. Rack rate is rack rate - the same for everyone.

AirForceRocks,

Wonderlandmom was correct. BTW, my son is active duty ( Navy Rocks, hehe). We're staying with him using the Military Salute while he's on leave from Sicily in Nov., 4 nights Poly LV and 5 nights BWI WV at about $225/night.

When we called SoG many months ago we were offered great discounts at any resort we wanted for overflow, so we would not have paid rack rate whether AP discounts were announced or not. So yes, rack rates are rack rates is true, but, discounts for military were there to be had regardless of AP discounts.

steve
10 yr. Navy Vet BTW

AirForceRocks
08-26-2003, 10:57 PM
I booked CSR a couple of months ago for next August, so overflow wasn't an option. I did book SoG yesterday, because we *may* have another person with us, which would mean we would need the room for 5. DH could still try for an overflow through SoG, but we've never had to do that - we've always been able to either get AP or FL resident discounts.

My only point was that if no discounts are available, I'm willing to pay the $133 rack rate for CSR.

bru_ellman
08-26-2003, 11:04 PM
Thanks Debbie. I'll give them a call in the morning.

Originally posted by DebbieB
Bruce,

I would call back. I made reservations yesterday for Dec 7 for 6:45 show and 8:00 LeCellier. She had to book it in two steps with separate confirmation #'s.