PDA

View Full Version : BCV --> Swan Resort Swap: Any sugguestions?

FunFamily
08-25-2003, 12:25 PM
Hello to all!

We will be starting our trip at the Beach Club Villas for a few days and then switching over to the Swan.

Please let me know of any sugguestions that you may have to make the transition process as smooth as possible.

Thanks in advance.
FunFamily

Dancind
08-25-2003, 02:30 PM
My first suggestion would be to reverse the order of your reservations! Even the studio at BCV is nicer than the Swan rooms (though the Swan has nicer beds), and if you stay in a 1 or 2 BR, you will be so spoiled that you will be disappointed when you move. The studio has a kitchenette, and that's very easy to get used to. Also, the pool area is wonderful at BCV, though the Swan's is pretty nice. You won't be able to have your luggage transferred between these two resorts, since the Swan is not actually a Disney property. So on check-out/check-in day, you will have to move it yourself. Easy enough if you have a car, a bit more difficult if you don't. I'd recommend a taxi. I'd suggest moving it first thing, and checking your luggage (and checking in) at the new resort before you head to the parks for the day. Diana

Claudia Kellenberger
08-25-2003, 02:38 PM
I would suggest moving the luggage yourself using the Disney ferry boat. Catch the ferry boat that is coming FROM Epcot, to the Y & B, and then over to The Swan. I'm not positive, but I think that is the order that it goes in. You should be able to get on the boat with luggage, I saw it happen before, and at the time I thought it was odd that some people got on the ferry with luggage. If you have a car already with you, then I would suggest that you just bring it all over in your car.

Dancind
08-25-2003, 02:50 PM
Claudia, I think that's the MGM boat. I thought about that, but the dock is a pretty good distance from BCV. I guess it would depend on how much luggage they have, and how easily it rolls! Diana

FunFamily
08-25-2003, 03:15 PM
What about moving the luggage with a few trips on the Surry bikes?

Thanks for all the great responses.