PDA

View Full Version : Checking in at ASMO-how long?

discraz
08-25-2003, 01:13 PM
How long was your wait when checking in. We should arrive about noon on a Fri. I hoping the wait isn't more than 10 mins. We will be on a tight schedule if every thing goes smoothly, other wise we will have to skip our mid day activity.

safetymom
08-25-2003, 01:56 PM
It probably won't be busy unless it is the first day of a new rate season.

But I would allow more than 10 mins so you aren't stressed over missing something.

LadyLt
08-25-2003, 02:18 PM
I would definitely allow more than 10 minutes to check in. It will take that long if there is no line at all. Just presenting your driver's license, answering the questions, signing the registration, and getting your keys is going to take approximately ten minutes. I doubt that you would walk in with absolutely no one in line. So you need to allow waiting time.

If you simply cannot allow that time, go to your mid-day activity and then go check in later at the All Stars.

discraz
08-25-2003, 02:34 PM
Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I was wanting to know if many people experienced a long line, ie more than 2 or 3 in front of them. I expect the actual checking in; getting keys, tickets and etc. to take over 10 mins.

clkelley
08-25-2003, 02:35 PM
I agree, check-in at All-Stars can be very lengthy. Even if there is no line, the check-in agents have to do their entire spiel of getting your ID, getting your payment, if required. If prepaid getting your package components to you. Printing room keys, adding charging priveledges, etc., etc., etc.

The only time I have had a short check-in was about 1am, I was solo, no tickets, and I told them upfront I had been there a gazillion times. I had my ID and credit card in hand and told them upfront that I wanted express check-out and charging priviledges and no passes. That was super speedy by WDW standards and took just under 10 minutes.

Unless you absolutely need your room key/park passes by checking in, I would just leave your luggage with bell services or in your trunk, and head straight to your midday activity.

That's what we usually do, then check in late at night.

Carol

jel0511
08-25-2003, 02:46 PM
Well, my experience at ASMo isn't anything like described here, so take it as what can go wrong. We arrived at ASMo around noon. There were approx 4 or 5 other families in front of us with approx 4 or 5 people handling check-ins. By the time we were checked-in and finished it was after 1:00!! It wasn't like anyone was doing some hard transaction, check-in is close you you can "hear" what's going on, just took VERY long that day. I also saw some lines around lunch time that were more than 20 people deep. So, it's hit or miss at the All-Stars at check-in, at least that's been my experience.

peg2001
08-25-2003, 04:25 PM
Even with very little line, it seems to take a long time. I've checked in twice during the off-season (November and January). I would guess it took between 30 minutes and 45 minutes. My kids and DH were getting quite restless and ended up visiting the gift shop, the bathroom, and watching the TV playing movies in the lobby.

Peggy

DMRick
08-25-2003, 05:36 PM
We always arrive at noon (our plane arrives at about 11), and I've never not had at least 5-6 in front of me (often a dozen or so, with 4-5 helping). There is really no way of knowing. If you are first in line (which I've never had happen) it could take as little as 10-15 minutes, as long as you accept the first room offered and it's ready, you don't need tickets or charging priviledges, you didn't bring a car, and need a car parking pass, and you have already paid. If not, then each of those things take time.

We have pulled up after a bus load, and hubby took the grands to the food court for lunch, they got on their bathing suits, and were sunning to dry, by the time I got done (about an hour and a half later).

I wouldn't plan on checking in if you had something else you had to do. You can't tell when you'll be lucky...100 families could be checking in the same day.

minniemmom
08-25-2003, 09:47 PM
We stayed at ASMo first week of Aug. 2003. We waited in line to check-in for 45 mins. (that does not include our check-in time; that's how long we waited to get to the counter!). There had to be 10-15 families in front of us. We got there around 3:30-4:00 p.m. I've always waited at the AS's. Plan on it, and if the line is short you'll be pleasantly surprised! Have a good trip!

:D :D :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :D :D

CamColt
08-31-2003, 06:17 PM
Weve stayed there 3 times. Twice check in was a breeze, but once we waited about an hour in line. 2 big tour busses showed up right before us, so it was really just our bad luck, not the resorts fault.