PDA

View Full Version : Photos from our room at the Dolphin

Blondie
08-25-2003, 11:31 AM
As promised, here are just a few photos from our renovated room at the Dolphin from last week. We were in room 2179 (second floor) facing the Grotto Pool area and part of Crescent Lake.

Disregard the wrong date at the lower right hand corner on the photos, it's broken.

From our balcony, this is what we saw. This is a zoomed in shot taken with a regular 35mm. Minolta Freedom Zoom:

http://worldzone.net/anime/butterflae//aug03balcview1.jpg

Here is just one of the inside of our renovated room! Those beds are definitely Heavenly! The rooms are tastefully decorated in shades of light blue and peach. Very attractive!

http://worldzone.net/anime/butterflae//aug03dolphroom.jpg

madge
08-25-2003, 11:38 AM
wow! those look awesome! I'm starting to get a little excited about our trip :) :) :)

CaliforniaDreaming
08-25-2003, 11:38 AM
Thanks, Blondie! ;) I didn't realize the Dolphin rooms were going to look like the Swan's. Were the beds double, or did they switch them to queen? And, would you happen to know, are they the exact same scheme as the Swan?

Disney Daniel
08-25-2003, 11:53 AM
Great photos! Makes me look forward to our next trip even more. :)

Blondie
08-25-2003, 11:59 AM
Sorry if you are seeing Red X's! That means I'm exceeding my bandwidth with Worldzone.

Try again later!

On second thought, maybe I'll just remove a few of the photos so I'll be within limits again!:o

Janet2k
08-25-2003, 12:22 PM
Blondie, excellent photos. But I want to see MORE (hee hee). ;) It looks like you had a wonderful vacation, *sigh.*

*Belle*
08-25-2003, 05:34 PM
We booked the Dolphin for May 2004. I love the new room decor.:D I was a little nervous booking as we tend to stay at the YC. However, after speaking with the wonderful Swan/Dolphin CM'S i was sold. (of coarse the wonderful discount was an added bonus ;) ) Thanks for taking the time to share.:sunny: :sunny:

ozziewags
08-25-2003, 09:14 PM
Great photo's Blondie. Room looks exactly like the Swan. Here is our Swan room from July:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/pae306be0c3ed71cbf6e68149744a3394/fba60a30.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p3c8f5fd6715a7b70ef8a8ce7648dda68/fba60a32.jpg

GoofyinNY
08-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Welcome back Blondie. Great photographs. I can't wait until April 2004.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :wave:

luvdisney14
08-28-2003, 07:48 PM
Great photos, room does look like to swan room, does the dolphin have a sink outside the bathroom like to swan? Also, the swan only has one chair in the room, does the dolphin have 2? Trying to decide which resort to stay in.

Blondie
08-28-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by luvdisney14
Great photos, room does look like to swan room, does the dolphin have a sink outside the bathroom like to swan? Also, the swan only has one chair in the room, does the dolphin have 2? Trying to decide which resort to stay in.

The rooms do look similar! I really like the color scheme, in shades of blue and peach.

The Swan has what is called a "hollywood bath" meaning there are two sinks, one inside with the tub and toilet, and another just outside the door. The Dolphin only has one sink.

Our room at the Dolphin had a nice stuffed chair, and also a chair that went with the desk.

luvdisney14
08-28-2003, 09:13 PM
We didn't have a desk and a desk chair at the swan. We had foot stool and a small bench. I wonder if the rooms are the same size. Where is the sink in the dolpin, bath room or outside the bathroom?

ozziewags
08-28-2003, 09:41 PM
We had a desk and chair(this is CL).....also had the sink outside the bathroom, as was stated....if you have a teenage daughter, the sink is worth it!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p909374566c28507e70aa0124a757d5fd/fba60ad2.jpg
We had a great stuffed chair and small table, but would have liked to had two chairs...there was room.(besides the desk chair)Also had the bench, where we put a suitcase, to the right of the desk.

NancyIL
08-28-2003, 09:43 PM
My room at the Swan also had a desk, and I wasn't on the club floor.

#1hockeymom
08-28-2003, 09:50 PM
I was CL but not on the club floor. We had a room exactly like ozzie's but we were on the end so we had a huge picture window on the desk side, and the doorwall/balcony by the club chair. (Swan east wing, room 726, overlooking the boardwalk). The room across from us was a Jr. Suite and had a third window.

Great pictures Blondie! Thank you for sharing! We never took a photo of our room and I am regretting that! The only resort photo we have is of ds on the balcony in his mickey hat with light up ears/spray bottle around shoulder/POTC shirt on him, ready for a night on the town at MGM. Why didn't I turn that camera around and shoot the room? :)

Debbie

jwfla422
08-28-2003, 09:56 PM
Has anyone stayed in a studio room at the Swan since they did the renovations? I'm looking so forward to our trip! I just can't wait to sleep in a heavenly bed!!

Thanks for those pictures Blondie & Ozzsiewags-wish I had those beds to sleep in tonight!!:p:p:p

luvdisney14
08-29-2003, 06:14 AM
I don't know what I was thinking, that was my exact room at the swan. i still don't understand about the sink at the dolphin, was it inside the bathroom or outside? I'm am agrueing with my DH isn't the grotto pool closer to dolphin than swan?

ozziewags
08-29-2003, 07:22 AM
Never stayed at the Dolphin, but from what I have heard on these boards, the Dolphin has one sink inside the bathroom. Yes, the Grotto Pool is closer to the Dolphin, depending on where your room is in the Dolphin, and where your room is in the Swan! We are talking steps here! But from looking at it from the outside, it looks closer to the Dolphin.

Mouseteacher
08-29-2003, 07:41 AM
The Dolphin has 1 sink that is outside the bathroom in a vanity area.

A studio room - I think you mean Jr. Suite - We were so lucky to receive a J. Suite as a comp upgrade. It is a large L-shaped room with two picture windows in the dining area, a larger picture window and a slider to the balcony in the sleeping area. The window in the sleeping area is behind the sofa bed and is larger than the windows in the dining area. The suite we had was at the end of the east wing #625 so we had a panoramic view. It was an awesome room - we were so thrilled!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/p1b5d2c46d85c2495b70fb7e4621f2496/fb61e2ad.jpg

The 2nd window is at a right angle to the window you can see in the dining area. The sofa and its window is facing the bed.

Mouseteacher
08-29-2003, 07:45 AM
oops - double posted same pic - here's the sleeping area of the suite.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/pdc2cf1fcd333cdff59e21680e5396db3/fb61e2a9.jpg

Facing the bed you can the corner of the cabinet containing the minibar with the TV on top. The dresser is next to the bed. You can see the sliders and the comfy chair. The sofa (not seen) is next to the TV facing the bed and a large window behind it. You can move the TV so that you can watch it from the dining area, too.

When all the curtains were drawn open - the views were incredible - particularly at dusk as all the lights were coming on and the sun was setting.

Kajunswty
08-29-2003, 08:22 AM
does the Dolphin now have the oatmeal soap like the Swan?

Kitty 34
08-29-2003, 08:23 AM
Great pictures on this thread!! Beautiful rooms indeed!

Blondie, what floor were you on? Judging from your view, it looks like you were in the West Wing, right? Did you have a balcony?

Blondie
08-29-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Kitty 34
Great pictures on this thread!! Beautiful rooms indeed!

Blondie, what floor were you on? Judging from your view, it looks like you were in the West Wing, right? Did you have a balcony?

Kitty, we were on the 2nd floor, room 2179, balcony room, west wing! We found a nice little shortcut to our room instead of using the west elevators. On the lower level (the same level as Tubbi's, Dolphin Fountain, etc.) down by the hair salon there is a set of stairs that lead to the 2nd floor. We found them on our first day there! It was quicker than riding the elevator, then walking down several corridors of rooms!

does the Dolphin now have the oatmeal soap like the Swan?

I thought the Dolphin always had the oatmeal soap? They had them during our February 2002 stay and they were there last week.

Rajah
08-29-2003, 12:28 PM
Wow, what a change in decor!! We stayed at the Dolphin a few times a couple of years ago and really liked it. Now we'll have to try again to try out the new decor! :D Thanks for the pics!!

As for the oatmeal soap -- I don't know if they've *always* had it, but they've at least had it since March 2001.

Kitty 34
08-30-2003, 08:23 AM
I know exactly which group of stairs you're talking about Blondie!!! We were on the 3rd floor which is also the lobby floor in the West wing. Gosh, off hand I don't remember the # of the room.......we had the same room twice!!!

I hope to get the West Wing again. I wonder if all the rooms in that wing are remodeled or will be when we go in June. Of course paying the "old" Teacher rate of $129, we might get a room that hasn't been remodeled yet.

hookedup
08-30-2003, 09:20 AM
I poked my head in to a couple of rooms when we were there at the beginning of the month and I thought the new Dolphin rooms looked almost identical to our room at the Swan (as far as the decorations go) there probably were some subtle differences but overall they seemed very close. I think anyone staying at the Swan or the Dolphin in the new rooms will be very pleased!

luvdisney14
08-30-2003, 05:45 PM
Does anyone know when all the renovations at the dolphin will be completed. Trying to stay there August 2004

dreamflight99
08-30-2003, 07:03 PM
Thanks, BLONDIE! As always, great pictures of your renovated room. I LOVE the heavenly bed, and have enjoyed them at all other Westin and Sheraton (Sweet sleeper at the Sheraton...same company=SERTA!) properties. My suite was not renovated this past summer...but will be in 2004. I will miss the old decor, but love the new beds! At least the scheme is light and colorful...still keeping with the Swan/Dolphin theme.

Thanks again.

:wave: DF99

dreamflight99
08-30-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by luvdisney14
Does anyone know when all the renovations at the dolphin will be completed. Trying to stay there August 2004 Most all the rooms/suites will be finished by late next summer. The remainder (Carpets, etc.) will take them into 2005. At present, they are ahead of schedule...and moving FAST. It took them 12 months to complete the Swan, and the Swan has approx. 1/2 the # of rooms (as the Dolphin). Therefore, they estimated it would take 18-24 months to complete the Dolphin. Make the ressie, and write a request for a "renovated" room. ;)

Kajunswty
08-31-2003, 02:02 PM
another question ~ I think I would prefer the Dolphin but the double beds are worrying me. We are used to sleeping on a queen and I am thinking we may be uncomfortable. Are the beds at the Dolphin a standard full or are they oversized.

This may sound silly but after a long day at the parks I want to be able to sleep without worrying about rolling out the bed! lol :rolleyes:

Also, I called today and the Dolphin is $15 less than the Swan's standard room.

Blondie
08-31-2003, 02:43 PM
The double beds at the Dolphin seem a little bigger than a regular double, not sure why that is. I think it's been posted here before that they are slightly bigger than a double, but not quite a queen size bed.

In any event, those new beds are so comfortable, you won't even realize what size bed it is!

Kajunswty
08-31-2003, 02:50 PM
thanks for the quick reply Blondie! I am going nuts over this decision. But, I think I will go with the Dolphin. I read where you said for an 8 y/o the Dolphin would be better than the Swan. I have a 11 & 9 y/o and this will be our 1st time onsite. And the 11 y/o will be celebrating her birthday during our stay. I want them to have the best experience and I think the Dolphin might be more kid friendly. Also, the $15 a night I would be saving will pay for a frig :D

I think I will just reserve a standard room with my starwood # in the ressie and see what I get. I just can't see paying an extra $30 a night for a view! Any idea if the starwood membership will help me out? I will go in expecting a standard and wish for a upgrade!!