PDA

View Full Version : question on aaa and resorts

Lthouseprincess
08-25-2003, 11:26 AM
#1 How do you join AAA, and what is the rate, any specials?
#2 How do you get the AAA rate on a room at the all stars?
#3 are the rates worth joining AAA?

AspiringCindy
08-25-2003, 12:22 PM
AAA membership ranges from $39-$59. Usually it can give you a 15% discount on WDW resorts!

katrina1122
08-25-2003, 02:38 PM
For dh and I in Trenton, NJ with gov't discount it's about 110 for AAA plus for a year and yes its worth every penny! You get discounts everywhere from anything like 20% at Casual Corner and 10% at payless shoes, to discounts at movie theaters, prebuy tickets to 6 flags, busch gardens, etc and save money as well...make sure you buy AAA plus and not just AAA, that way you will be towed up to 100 miles not just 5 miles should you need your car towed, plus they bring free gas and will do unlimited tire fixes (ie when those bolts are on too tight and you can't get it off and get your spare on, can't tell you how many times i've had to use that over the years). Plus you can get free travel guides, maps, directions and vacation planning from AAA offices. AAA only doesn't give that service. It may be cheaper but the discounts fully make up the difference. Also, don't forget almost all hotels offer AAA discounts which usually run from 15 to 20% off ie holiday, marriott, hilton, super 8's etc.

AS to the WDW discounts you get anywhere from 10% to 20% off depending on the resort and which season you are vactioning in. When you call cro they'll give you the AAA rate and rack rate so you can do the math, also go to the AAA office once you have your card and they'll give you the wdtc package book, but with the AAA discounts in it, indicating the % off rates...and you'll gain access to their website indicating the same thing. However they can't book room only reservations for you, they can only book packages. In order to get AAA rates for room only you'll have to book on your own.

As to signing up for AAA start with your employer and see if they offer a discount, that's how I get the gov't discount rate. If they don't often you'll get an offer in the mail for a discount. If not go to aaa.com and signup online, or just go to your local aaa office and sign up.

AspiringCindy
08-25-2003, 03:04 PM
The only difference(from my experience) between the basic plan and plus is the towing distance. I have received all the benefits posted by Lthouseprincess including a tire change.