PDA

View Full Version : Would you choose WLover CBR?

suesuered
08-24-2003, 09:51 PM
We have reservations at the WL and the CBR...leaning toward going with the WL...anyone with an opinion on this? My biggest reason is that I want to get to the MK with little or no hassle...also so we can come back to the room for naps, etc. with out a long ride on a bus, etc...thoughts anyone? We are going in late January/early February 2004...

Keith
08-24-2003, 10:26 PM
In the off season, the parks close earlier, so you probably won't have time to nap or you'll lose valuable park time. Also, it doesn't take very long to get to and from CBR by bus. If money is an important issue with you at all, I say go with CBR. There'll be some more walking involved at CBR (to and from food court/restaurant) since it's spread out some, so keep that in mind, too.

suesuered
08-24-2003, 10:32 PM
Thank you...had not thought about the park hours being shorter...good point!

franw
08-24-2003, 10:33 PM
I don't know what ages your kids are. If they are young enough that they will need naps you might consider either the Poly, CR or WL. My DS and DDIL had their easiest trip ever with two little ones when they stayed at the Poly. We live in Colorado so as beautiful as the WL is, it is almost like taking a drive into the mountains. We loved the Poly on our last stay but our next visit in November will be BWI and then 10 days at CBR. We love the tropical feel there. I believe the longest bus ride from there is to the MK, especially if it makes stops along the way. But my DS and family will be staying at the BCV and then a week at the WL while we are there and are quite excited about it. You might go to the WL and CBR threads to get more defined info to help you make your decision. You can't make a bad decision as the kids will love either place and so will you.

suesuered
08-24-2003, 10:41 PM
My kids are 5 and 1...so our 1 year old will need naps...we are bringing a babysitter with us :) ...so the ease of getting to/from the park is really a big issue for us. We toured the WL on our last trip in April and loved it. I have never been in the Poly...it looks sort of dated in all of the pictures I have seen...is it as nice as the WL? We could take the monorail from there -- really easy.

Keith
08-24-2003, 10:55 PM
With a 1 yr. old, I'm assuming you'll have a stroller. Strollers and WDW buses don't mix well. It can be done, but it's a pain. If you can afford it, go with a monorail resort. You can wheel the stroller on and off the monorail easily. That way you'll at least have easier access to MK and EPCOT, as well as resort hopping around the monorail loop. Contemporary tower ($$$$) or Grand Floridian main building ($$$$) make for less walking at your resort.

franw
08-24-2003, 11:03 PM
The only big hassle with the CBR is if your baby is asleep in the stroller. You have to take her out and, say one person wants to go back to the room with her, you have to manage a sleeping baby and the stroller on the bus and then off again. While there are usually people happy to help, you can't always count on it. The Poly looks a bit dated at first appearance but the rooms are much larger and are very "happy". There is a great zero entry pool there that the CBR does not have so you can sit alongside the pool and not have to be in the water with your child if they only want to play in the more shallow area. I don't know if that is the case at the WL. I found the bus transportation from the Poly to be lacking but the TTC is right next door as well as monorail and boat access. The advantage of the WL and Poly with kids is that if it is raining there are big lobbies to entertain the kids in. Since money doesn't seem to be a huge factor in your decision making you might go for the WL since you liked it so much or with the Poly for the room size if your babysitter is going to share the room with you.