PDA

View Full Version : Julfre from Illinois, what rate did you get for the S/D Junior Suite???

BC
08-24-2003, 04:43 PM
I saw on another post that you booked the Junior Suite at the Swan. If you don't mind, could you give me a ballpark figure as to what you paid. Are any discounts offered with this type room?

julfre
08-24-2003, 04:50 PM
Dec 8 through the 13th I'm paying $292 plus the $10 resort fee. I'm still looking for a room on the 7th as they were sold out of AP rooms(both regular and suites) I was also quoted $139 for a lake view room, but when I said I needed 2 rooms, John (the reservationist) suggested a Jr suite as when you add 2-$10 resort fees it would be the exact same price as 2 rooms, but you get a better view and guaranteed connecting rooms. It sounds like a really nice view and room.

BC
08-24-2003, 05:49 PM
From what I can tell, there is 1 king bed and the other is a pull out sofa in the living area. Is that correct and if so, wonder how comfortable it would be?? We have 4 adults and we are not tiny people.

Mouseteacher
08-24-2003, 05:54 PM
I stayed in a Swan Jr. Suite at the end of July. It is an L shaped room - our room was in the east wing -6th floor -- that has the bed area and a dining area. It was at the end of the hall so our view was quite panoramic - 3 windows and sliders to the balcony. We had a King bed and the sofa bed. I think 3 people would be comfortable but 4, unless 2 of the 4 are young children, I don't think so. There may be Jr. Suites with 2 queen beds.

BC
08-24-2003, 06:09 PM
Did you call the resort directly or Starwood? Also, was that rate with any kind of discount? It sounds pretty good as it works out to about $150 if you divide your rate by 2, which is as good as you could probably get for a room during that time.

Poohlovr
08-24-2003, 06:16 PM
I wonder if, with 4 adults, you night want to look at a Jr suite at the Dolphin. I'm not sure of the cost, but, it does have more sleeping room.

Dolphin Jr Suite (http://www.swandolphinmeetings.com/meetings/s_jrsuite.htm)

julfre
08-25-2003, 09:53 PM
This was an AP discount rate which is about 50% off. I called 2 different 800 numbers 888 828-8850 and 800 227 1500 and got the same availability and rates. They also have entertainment card rates, but they were only about 40% off. I got the numbers off the internet, but I think they are the direct numbers to the hotel and not the starwood number.

Bedding is 1 room with a king bed a queen sofa bed and one room with a king murphy(pull down bed. I've read on these boards that some people also have a 2nd pull out sofa in the parlour room. it has 2 bathrooms so that is good.

ozziewags
08-25-2003, 10:45 PM
Our jr. suite was one large room, not L shaped, as are in the wings. It had one king bed, a pull out sofa bed and we got a roll away. Four of us.....me, dh, ds and dd(college age). We also had one huge bathroom, so big we could have put the roll away in there! It had a wet bar and storage all across the back wall, and a table for four people. It was on club level. This was the Swan. I believe there is more room in the Dolphin, as shown on the previous floor plan. I was able to get this room for $129 at Christmas, waived the resort fee and comped the rollaway.(platinum spg and teacher rate) This was before renovations. How could anyone pass up that deal?!