PDA

View Full Version : A question about the winter package?

winniedapooh
08-24-2003, 02:33 PM
I hope this is not stupid but figure maybe someone can explain it to me.....please?

DH & I were looking at the new winter package to take us and our 5 DCherubs from 12/26-1/5. We have airline and car and offsite home arranged already. We wanted to see how much more it would be to do the package as we still need to get tickets etc. My question is if we check in 12/26 and leave on 1/5 can we do the package? I called DC number last night and at first the CM said yes no problem then she couldn't book it and said she would call me back, she did and said no because the promo ends the 27th. I thought, maybe mistakenly so, that I had read on this board of others getting codes for whole trip even if they booked on last day pf promo. Any help or suggestions here welcomed and thanks in advance!

Pixie dust all around.....

sue1013
08-24-2003, 06:07 PM
I would call back. The package doesn't end 12/27, I've booked it for Feb. I'm not sure but it may not be available on your dates due to holiday (I think there were some blackout dates).

FoodLover
08-24-2003, 06:51 PM
No, unfortunately you won't be able to book the discounted Winter Dream Maker, because unlike most rates at Disney, this one does not carry through if you start your trip before the blackout. It is absolutely and totally blacked out 12/27 - 1/1.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Gary M
08-24-2003, 06:54 PM
The blackout dates for the package is 12/27/03-1/1/04, as you probably know. With previous discounts, a person could book a room one day before the end of the discount and get the whole trip discounted. I believe WDW has now closed that "loophole" and will not allow discounts to continue through the blackout dates or past the end of the offer. I believe this winter package is for a minimum of 3 nights. You could get a 3 night discount before the discount blackout and then get another reservation for the period of the blackout you are staying.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.