PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Survey disney doing on resorts, and FT Pkg

mkymouse4ever
08-24-2003, 09:14 AM
Just got back so don't know if this is old news, but on August 6th, while checking into the Polynesian a survey man came up to us and said "did you just check in and I said yes, he asked for how many nites I said 7, he said "great" would you be interested in doing a survey for us while on your vacation? I jumped yes! He said you get a special figurine each day, and you keep track where you go, eat, how much time you spend, what you spend, everything, did you drive, rent a car, did you use there transportation system? Everything! Then, I blew it, he asked about my magical wishes, and I said what? I don't have that? He said your not on the Fairytale pkg? "no, we are AP discount people!" (Yes, the dreaded AP resort discount people) (apparently they are trying to kill off our disease ridden clan) (of course IMHO) ;) His response, Oh sorry we can't use you. So I decided to try to pump for info, he was very tight, but we did get that they are definately, evaluating if the FTP and its friends is more lucrative to WDW then us! I told him, we were staying for 3 weeks almost, and that would be lucrative too, so I would be happy to prove it with a survey, but he wasn't interested.

And as a side note, IMHO: anyone worried about FTP making your off season vacation too crowded > be afraid BE VERY AFRAID! Late august with its, lesser hours looked as crowed if not more than early august! Also Poly & Cr were both at capacity entire time we were there. (But not at universal, or Portofino bay!) :cool:

MKY

dianna112198
08-24-2003, 10:12 AM
I agree, those crowds were a nightmare. And don't worry about that survey. It wasn't so bad filling it out the first couple of nights but after that I would either forget to fill it out, or I would be too lazy to fill it out I wound up missing out on 2 figurines! D'OH :eek:

disneyjunkie
08-24-2003, 12:24 PM
Wow, I hope this means there's a chance they may offer FTP again next summer.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

goofy4tink
08-24-2003, 01:09 PM
When we checked into the Polynesian on Fri the 15th, the survey guy came up to us and asked if we would like to do a survey. Said sure, why not. When we told him we were on the FTP, he said 'Oh, never mind.' Wonder why. Nobody else ever approached us.

cindyfan
08-24-2003, 02:44 PM
dianna112198......what kind of package did you have??
So why would they say no to goofy4tink when they were on FTP??

luvmarypoppins
08-24-2003, 03:22 PM
Wow we were at the Polynesian 8/10 to 8/17 and no one ever approahed us. I saw the guy sitting at the table with the sign that said drop your completed surveys here. We checked in early like noon. I would have loved to do that and we did have the FTP package. I was actually thinking of going up to him one day and asking if I could have a survey because I would have loved to fill it out etc. We did fill out some entry at the marina to try and win a boat LOL

dznyntnh
08-24-2003, 05:37 PM
If their doing a true marketing survey to see if one set of visitors is more 'lucrative' than another, then they are probably using all types of visitors, they probably were looking for FTP folks one day and a different 'type' of visitor another day.

The only way for them to truly measure who does (and spends) what would be to survey a broad range of visitors and then compare data.

lUVTOGO
08-24-2003, 07:08 PM
We were there on August 7th, and were asked to do a survey also. I actually told him we were late too meet our friends and he sort of begged us to do it. When he asked us about our passes and I told him they were AP's we were dismissed!!!

momxx5
08-24-2003, 08:53 PM
mymouse4ever (or others),

I do not understand. You said you blew it when you were asked about "magical wishes". What are magical wishes? We did the FTP and we did not have any magical wishes.

Thanks in advance.

goofy4tink
08-25-2003, 06:51 AM
I'm sure they are refering to magical wishes from their silver plans. These are basically meal plans you can add onto your existin package. (for a price!!)

mkymouse4ever
08-25-2003, 08:08 AM
Absolutely! They acted like we had a disease when I said we had ap passes too! He could not get away from us fast enough, up till then he was very nice, and talkative, very "disney"! :rolleyes: