PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge - Kitchen supplies?

LooneyIAm
08-23-2003, 09:52 PM
I returned last week from a wonderful week at the Wilderness Lodge. It was the first time I was there and I can't wait to return - everything was just perfect! We had a 1-bedroom villa - the utensils were spotless and there was just about everything there you could want, except.........not one frying pan or pot. I didn't intend to do any major cooking, but I did buy eggs and hash browns at Winn-Dixie. Well, the eggs ended up cooked in the microwave and you either got an omelette or an omellete - no fried eggs for us. The hash browns we couldn't use at all, since they needed to be fried. It wasn't a big deal, but the funny thing was they included a spatula and all sorts of utensils. The most interesting thing they had there was a cheese grater! So what am I grating cheese on? I can't cook spaghetti without a pot. I am not a vacation club member, so I just booked it as a resort guest, I guess I should have done a little more research. But that was the only thing that I could find that was the slightest bit disappointing and that was certainly not a big deal, in fact it was kind of funny!

Coll0610
08-23-2003, 11:12 PM
The pots and pans are in the drawer underneatch the oven. We had to call and ask our first trip because I couldn't find them either - and the lady at the front desk said we weren't the first to ask!

mousehut101
08-23-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by LooneyIAm
I am not a vacation club member, so I just booked it as a resort guest, I guess I should have done a little more research. But that was the only thing that I could find that was the slightest bit disappointing and that was certainly not a big deal, in fact it was kind of funny!

Im sorry you made it all the way home without finding this out!! But you did get a laugh out of me with the cheese grater comment! :p

magicmouse2
08-24-2003, 12:55 AM
I am glad I read this! I probably would have thought the same thing;)

kda
08-24-2003, 10:22 AM
And even if the frying pan and pot(s) WERE missing, you can call Mousekeeping and tell them that. They will deliver what you need. I know that some of the DVC properties have a list of 'stocked' kitchen items, posted (?perhaps inside one of the cabinet doors), so you know what should be there. --- just can't recall if VWL does this. Or, when in doubt, just pick up the phone and call. What a shame that you couldn't enjoy a great breakfast in your room. Other than that, hope you had a spectacular trip!