PDA

View Full Version : Family of 5

kristen0147
08-23-2003, 07:16 PM
Can any one tell me what my options are for my family of 5 with 3 small kids? I would like to stay on site, but most rooms seem to be for 4 people. I would like us all to be in one room.

Doc and Family
08-23-2003, 07:22 PM
Kristen,
How old are the young ones. Most of the rooms are for four, however, they allow one additional child under the age of 3, in addition to the four. If this fits you, then you can stay just about anywhere, except the Swan. The Dolphin even follows these guidelines, not sure why the Swan doesn't. Anyway, I don't think they would give you too much grief if you explained the situation to them. You could always "forget" to tell them about the third child, if you had a memory lapse that is. ;)

kristen0147
08-23-2003, 08:06 PM
DD's are 4, 6, and 7

3littlepeas
08-23-2003, 08:52 PM
we are in the same boat...3 DS (9, 6 and 3) budget resorts: you'll have to book 2 rooms. At the moderates, only POR will accept 5 in a room as for deluxes most of them can accomodate 5. I have just book 9 days/8 nights at the YC using the winter dreamaker pak. and for a waterview ended up paying 3600$ for the 5 of us....which I tought was a great deal since it includes all the passes and DS love disney quest so we'll be able to go more than once during this trip!
Hope this help
Julie

lisajl
08-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Hi!
We stayed at POR and that was with 5 of us.

Our daughter was 17 at the time our sons were 8 and 5. We did not spend that much time in the room, but when we did, there was room for all of us.
The bathroom could be better, but we got a great deal on the room and tickets.

Good luck.
Lisa

soccer mom
08-23-2003, 10:12 PM
Contemporary
Grand Floridian
Polynesian
WL - Deluxe
AKL- Deluxe
YC
BC
BW

POR
Two connecting rooms at any other moderate

Two connecting rooms at any value

Fort Wilderness Cabins - They are a nice option. We used them several times when our kids were younger. It was nice having the kitchen for a quick breakfast and a separate bedroom to be able to put the kids to bed at night and still stay up for a while. They are air conditioned and have maid service. Lots to do at the camp grounds.

We prefer two connecting rooms now with teens because of the two bathrooms.

pstepka
08-24-2003, 01:05 PM
We rented points from a DVC member for a BCV studio and had enough room. They have a porta crib in the closet, or you can do what we did and have the two little ones sleep in the bed with you and your husband and the older one on the floor on an airmattress. It worked out perfect for us! Also...with renting points, we stayed there for about the same cost as a moderate. The pool, alone, is worth the stay, especially if you have little ones. There is a large beachy area that is only about 1-1/2 feet deep that the kids can play in while you sit in the sand. It's fantastic!

Pam

JennyDrake
08-24-2003, 01:53 PM
I would HIGHLY recommend getting CONNECTING rooms at the As. We went last year with 3 teenagers. You will need to book one room in hubby's name and one room in yours.
Best of all, at the end of the week, you will still be on speaking terms with one another!

funhouse8
08-24-2003, 02:08 PM
If you forget to tell someone about an extra child how do you all get into the parks for EMH?

pstepka
08-24-2003, 08:12 PM
NOT to 'dis' the Allstars, but I spent a night there swimming with our friends and the pool is VERY not for little kids just because there are so many older kids in it. It was VERY busy and noisy, with lots of commotion going on. There was even a huge difference between there and Caribbean Beach. But, the best by far is Stormalong Bay. VERY geared for younger kids as well as older ones.

Pam

ksmg
08-25-2003, 07:52 AM
We are also a family of five. The kids were 3, 5 & 7 when we stayed at PO-Riverside. The price was right, the buses worked great and the pool was a lot of fun. The room was small, especially when the trundle bed was pulled out, but we were in the parks most of the time. I do remember one late night struggling to get three sleeping kids off the bus and to our room.
It was a great place to go for a first time family trip.

Of course, we couldn't stay away so we went again last year (kids were 4, 6, 8) and we stayed at the Polynesian. Ah, was that nice! Much larger room with a day bed, queen-sized beds and a balcony. Quick access to the monorail for MK and TTC for Epcot. Beach area and zero-entry pool. We did miss the food court and the hot tub at POR, and we did pay more for the deluxe but it was well worth it.

If you are on a budget, go for PO-R. If not, stay at one of the deluxes!

love my kids
09-01-2003, 06:10 PM
I was under the impression that you could stay at either the Swan or Dolphin with 5 people. They will charge you an extra $25 per night for the roll-a-way, but it is still cheaper than booking 2 rooms.