PDA

View Full Version : internet availability at the WL???

kato33
08-23-2003, 05:17 PM
I would like to bring my laptop to the WL Do they have broadband in the rooms. Must I use a phone connection?

Michelle
08-23-2003, 06:18 PM
No, at this time none of the WDW resorts have high-speed access, it is dial-up via a data port. The Swan (and Dolphin too, I believe) DOES have high-speed access.

kato33
08-23-2003, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the prompt response!!!!

Richyams
08-23-2003, 06:58 PM
Isn't it absurd that they have passed on providing this extra service(revenue stream)?

Or is it the time they think people would be surfing in their room and not spending money in the parks?

dparksfan
08-23-2003, 08:05 PM
my dh is not going to be too happy about that...we will be staying at WL and he unfortunately has to work on his laptop 365 days a year because of the type of job he has. Not helpful to have dial-up only!

Janet2k
08-23-2003, 08:55 PM
The resorts that have Business Centers (the convention resorts) do have broadband connections in their business centers. I do not know what the current charge is, however, for this. Maybe your husband would consider using one of the business centers when he has heavy-duty broadband requirements (and he might be able to expense this cost to his company upon his return from vacation).

Janet2k
08-23-2003, 09:16 PM
I should also note that if money is no object, Disney can conjure up all sorts of magical high-tech things. From the Disney Meetings website:

- - - - - - -
Web-Based Services:
• Our Web-based technology can build event momentum, excitement and anticipation
• Internet/Cyber café technology for break-out sessions
• High-speed Internet access
• Satellite up/down link capabilities
• Web conferencing/Webcasting
- - - - - - -

Snurk71
08-23-2003, 10:21 PM
I thought I saw where someone had posted that the business centers charge something outlandish - like $40/hr for the broadband access in the business centers.

When I travel I'm used to having a computer set up in the business center with the broadband access for free and the access in the room for $10/day.

dparksfan
08-24-2003, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll leave it up to him where he'll end up doing business, but he usually checks email am and pm and with dial-up it takes forever! Definitely will expense any costs!
:)