PDA

View Full Version : Recent AKL Concierge Quote... decent deal?

Pox
08-23-2003, 04:52 PM
I just received a quote for AKL Concierge of $2,399.54 for 6 nights (November 10-16) under the winter package. I feel like this is a decent offer for me (I'm not an AP holder, but I am AAA). However, before I pull the trigger, I just want to get some feedback.

This will be my fourth trip (all off-site) and my wife's first. She's a little skeptical of the whole Disney experience (she's been to Disneyland, but still finds it all very corporate ;) ) so I want to make sure she finds enough in our trip to make it a memorable (good memories only, please) one.

We'll definitely be hitting Cirque since that's one of her favorite things to do... but other than that, we want to be pretty flexible. So, I don't think I'd get many (if any) advance PS, since we wouldn't know what we're in the mood for...

Ultimately, I was thinking concierge would create a great experience for her, and we'd have a better chance of getting to make those last minute reservations for dinners.

What are your thoughts? Do you have better suggestions?

Thanks!

johnsonet
08-23-2003, 05:10 PM
A lot of money BUT this breaks down to $399 per night and that INCLUDES Ultimate Park Hoppers! You're good to go! Concierge in Value Season at AKL is $425 rack rate - you're going during regular season so the rack rate would be $480! I think it is AWESOME that AKL Concierge will be your first onsite Disney experience. Your wife is very lucky! From everything I've seen and read, you will both LOVE it!! Go for it!!:Pinkbounc :)

zakatak
08-23-2003, 06:20 PM
I second the opinion! GO FOR IT!

AKL Concierge is excellent! She will love it!

Karen

displanner
08-23-2003, 11:42 PM
We've only done Concierge once (at the Poly on our last trip 2 years ago).
At AKL Concierge:
Is food available into the evening? Can you get bottled water?

What do they offer for breakfast and how early are they "open for business"?

LorieDisneyLover
08-24-2003, 11:03 AM
Yes, bottled water is available all day.

"food" offerings for breakfast are very similar to Poly concierge -- only AKL as a neat cappacino/latte coffee machine. I believe breakfast begins at 7 a.m. to 10:30

lunch time is just very light snacks, cookies, pretzels, etc. there are sodas, water and lemonade and tea available all day.

at about 3 p.m. it's tea time and there are some biscuits, etc. available.

at 5 p.m the food offerings begin again with a variety of items. when we went there was something different everynight. salmon on sticks, and lots of things from boma's that tasted great but i had no idea what i was eating. ;}

Pox
08-24-2003, 12:47 PM
Disney doesn't have better sales people than all of you...

I just booked my flight and my AKL reservations, so there's no turning back now!

johnsonet
08-24-2003, 12:57 PM
YAY!!:Pinkbounc
Good for you! You are going to have an incredible time...Congratulations!

dparksfan
08-24-2003, 01:00 PM
Pox,
That is one of the best quotes I've heard in a long time. We should all get some type of commission from Disney!LOL