View Full Version : Package Or Room Only - Please Give Me Advice

08-23-2003, 01:58 PM
We are staying at ASMo. I called today to check on the Dream Maker package. I actually found a way that I save about $200, I believe. However, I don't know if the lady quoted me included tax or not. Plus, there are the "free" things that would be additional savings. So, I think I would save money. However, I'm not sure if I want to change to Walt Disney World Travel vs. Central Reservations. What's the big differences? Can I still cancel or change rooms if I find something else? Do I need to have my vacation paid for in advance?

08-23-2003, 03:28 PM
This like will help you figure it out.

08-23-2003, 04:14 PM
Definately check out Mary's website at mousesavers. Mainly with CRO you only have to put up one night's room cost to reserve and at check in to the resort the rest of the money is due. With WDTC you have to put a down a $200 deposit and have everything paid off $45 days in advance of your the first date of your stay. There are fees for cancellation if it is close to the dates.

08-23-2003, 04:42 PM
Thanks. I have been to mousesavers. In fact, it's because of her suggesting to book three seperate reservations that I am able to do this and save money. Otherwise, I was spending more money. I'm just not sure if I want to give up the flexibility of CRO to book with WDTC. Paying for the trip in advance is not a problem. However, if I changed my mind, can I cancel the UPH? I'm actually thinking more and more that it will be a good deal because we plan on doing Pleasure Island. This way we can do so and not pay extra. What is the cancellation fee?

08-23-2003, 07:45 PM
My DH and I are AP holders. However, we got an incredible rate with the DreamMaker Package - rooms, passes and the flex things. We didn't add on a Silver or Gold Package. We've decided not to renew the passes and go with the package.

There is nothing to lose. If some fabulous AP rate comes out, we'll cancel the package and purchase the APs again. If no AP rates come out, I still get a good rate at GF.

I'm pretty sure the price you were quoted was with taxes. When I got my quote, it was total price along with taxes. I don't see why it would be different for your quote.

The penalty for modifying or canceling is $100. We figured if something AMAZING came out, we would pay the fee if we had to. You can also buy the trip insurance if you want to avoid the fee in the event an emergency makes you unable to take the trip.

08-23-2003, 10:55 PM
Well, for us, it's still cheaper to get our 7 day mid-December vacation arranged in pieces even with our room at rack rate. I had a travel agent with The Magic For Less travel company run the numbers and my way still came out about $6 cheaper than booking the same trip as the Winter Dream Maker package. We would never make full use of the UPH and by purchasing just a 6 day PHP and the first night's fun being covered by the MVMCP tickets, we came out with a much better deal overall. I encourage you to look at the numbers and don't accept the first quote you get. Quite often, you can do better on your own. Mickey

08-23-2003, 11:29 PM
I did call to begin with and just asked about a package for the full stay. No way is there any savings. It got to be a savings when I broke the trip up and only did the package for the middle of our trip.