PDA

View Full Version : How do you buy those bricks with name on it?

Nik's Mom
08-22-2003, 10:49 PM
Hello,
While staying at the Poly, we fell in love with the Resort. We noticed there are bricks (or stones) on the ground inscribed with names of different families. How can I buy one of these. We would love to leave our mark at the hotel!

Janet2k
08-22-2003, 11:27 PM
Unfortunately, Disney halted the "Walk Around The World" brick plan (I believe that is what it was called) a few years ago. You can, however, leave your mark at Epcot with the "Leave A Legacy" (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltdisneyworld/parksandmore/attractions/attractionindex?id=EPLeaveALegacyAtt) plan.

Michelemouse
08-23-2003, 06:49 AM
Also, if they ever reinstate the program, you didn't have a choice of where your brick was placed. They started with the area in front of the Magic Kingdom and then worked their way around the lagoon. So even though you would like your brick at the Poly it could just as likely end up a the TTC. :o

safetymom
08-23-2003, 07:15 AM
http://www.armymwr.com/shades/bricks.doc

You can buy a brick at Shades of Green.

TEK224
08-23-2003, 11:34 AM
And what is the cost?

Thanks!
Terri

safetymom
08-23-2003, 11:39 AM
Make sure your Vacation Lasts…

Don’t let your vacation end, have something to remember your vacation for years to come!

Have you or your family’s name placed at our “Remember the fun” walkway for all to see. Bricks may be purchased for $75.00. Names and messages can be engraved. Specific base logo’s may be customized for additional fees. We will send a special personalized card if the purchase is a gift, an honorarium or a memorial to the person, family or agency for which you are buying the brick.

You can also purchase bricks for seasonal occasions, such as Valentines Day, Birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas or Anniversaries. This is also a great way to delight your family or friends before they arrive at the Shades of Green® by surprising them with their names on our “Remember the Fun” walkway. Don’t miss out on this chance to give an everlasting gift.

Bricks purchased now will be in place prior to Shades of Green® Re-Grand Opening.

tkldisney
08-23-2003, 10:32 PM
We got our brick several years ago. We got one for us and one with our neices names on it. We got cerificate with location of brick. It was great to go find them.
We also took pictures of our bricks and with neices sitting on brick w/name. They were 5 now both are 11. Great memory!

ohanafamily
08-23-2003, 10:53 PM
Where is "Shades Of Green?"

:bounce:

safetymom
08-24-2003, 06:39 AM
http://www.armymwr.com/shades/index.html

Shades of Green on
WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort

Coming March 2004

Shades of Green is so comfortable and so self-contained, it's easy to enjoy an entire vacation without ever leaving the property. Extra spacious hotel rooms accommodate up to five persons and amenities include coffee maker, refrigerator, in-room safe, hairdryer, iron, and ironing board.

Two of the Walt Disney World Resort PGA championship golf courses and a 9-hole executive course right outside your door
Two lighted tennis courts
Two heated swimming pools
Hot Tub
Children pool and play area
Attraction ticket sales and guest services
Restaurants, lounge, and sports bar
State-of-the-art banquet accommodations
Gift shops
Video arcade
Laundry facilities
Fitness center
Automated teller machines
Transportation to all Walt Disney World Resort attractions
Early entry into select Walt Disney World attractions
Imagine a wooded setting, championship golf, and lighted tennis courts surrounding two heated swimming pools and 586 oversized rooms with private patio or balcony. Shades of Green has everything you are looking for in a totally relaxing vacation destination.

Relaxed, affordable, meals are always on the menu ...

Garden Gallery - In a true garden setting, enjoy breakfast and dinner buffets or a la carte
Mangino's - Steeped in Tuscany tradition and cuisine
Evergreens - Nostalgic family sports bar and grill
Eagles Lounge - Whether winding down after a round of golf or a day at the parks, great sandwiches and sensible beverages
Express Cafe - Specialty coffees and bakery goods for the guest "on the run"
As a resort guest, you can make a great vacation truly magical by including visits to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney-MGM Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. Or you can visit any of the dozens of other attractions that make Central Florida so popular. Shades of Green gives you the luxury of choice and will also show you the vacation of a lifetime.

Share the magic at the MAGIC KINGDOM Park Get behind the scenes at Disney-MGM Studios Learn while you're being entertained at Epcot Embark on a journey into the world of animals at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park

ohanafamily
08-24-2003, 07:39 AM
Thanks, I hadn't heard of it yet.

:bounce:

safetymom
08-24-2003, 07:43 AM
You are welcome. Shades of Green has been around for awhile. It was very popular so they decided to make it bigger.

sdrinon
08-24-2003, 09:45 AM
That is so cool that Shades of Green has the brick program. Being a military family, it would be cool to get a brick at the SOG, being that it is a resort for military families! Although having one at Epcot would be great too!;)

LAH
08-25-2003, 11:26 AM
Can somone tell me how to go about finding my brick. I purchased mine when they first came out but never got back to WDW to see it. I hope to go early 2004

Thanks!!!

LAH