PDA

View Full Version : What are the COOLEST things to see at the resorts over Christmas (X-mas decorations)

PhotobearSam
08-22-2003, 07:23 PM
What are the HAVE-to-Sees to see at the resorts over Christmas???

I just want to see all the nicest decorations...

We will be at the parks from Dec 7th till 21st...Any advice?

Thanks

Snurk71
08-22-2003, 08:51 PM
A few things that stick out in my memory...

- the huge tree in the GF lobby
- the gingerbread house in the GF lobby
- the candy carousel in the Boardwalk lobby
- the candy "thing" in the Beach Club lobby

We've been in the Contemporary and Poly at xmas time too. But nothing stands out in memory from either place.

Poohlovr
08-22-2003, 09:04 PM
Definitely the Christmas tree in the Dolphin lobby. You have to check it out in the evening when they have the light display to turn the tree lights on. Too cool!

And the Wilderness Lodge...period. It's just beautiful with all of the decorations

slimplaw
08-22-2003, 11:07 PM
When you visit WL, be sure and walk next door to VWL. It is also nicely decorated. Three years ago, 5 or 6 of the resorts had large displays made out of gingerbread. GF still has the gingerbread house and I believe either BW or YC had a display also-I think a gazebo. It would be nice if they put displays in the other resorts again.
The decorations at the resorts are done in the theme of that resort. The Poly decorations are done with shells and sea life, the GF is Victorian, WL is gingham, feathers and stag horns, YC and BC have ships and beach items. If you have the time, see as many as possible, but don't miss GF and WL.

franw
08-22-2003, 11:15 PM
I thought all of the resort lobbies were beautifully decorated. We had gone to our room late one night and came down the next morning to the lobby being completely decorated at the BWI. WOW! We toured most of the resorts and loved them all. Of course the parks are decorated with lighting ceremonies but my understanding is that MGM will not have its big lighting display this year. I wonder if they are using all those lights somewhere else as there had to be millions of them. It is very weird being in Florida weather with XMas lights all around but they do a beautiful job of getting you in the spirit.

kabauer
08-22-2003, 11:57 PM
I loved so much of it when we were there in December, but the one thing that stands out in my memory is at the MVMCP. I thought that making it SNOW on Main St. was fabulous.