PDA

View Full Version : I know this has been asked before but I can't find it... WL to GF

Mom2Em
08-22-2003, 03:05 PM
what is the best way to get from WL to GF for dinner at 1900?

helenk
08-22-2003, 03:13 PM
You can take the bus from the WL to the TTC and take the monorail to the GF, or you can take the boat launch to the Contemporary and take the Monorail from there. I would think the fastest would be the bus to the TTC.

Wags
08-22-2003, 03:17 PM
You will find a nice tool within this site, by going to the Main Menu and clicking on the "Transportation" link (located near the top).

Then select the "Transportation Database", it won't get you to the restaurants, but it will get you from one resort to another.

Hope this helps.

I tried it, and it will show you that it takes 90 minutes. But if you start at the WL then go on to MK, then from MK to GF, it will only take about 40 minutes total. You may want to try some other options to get the best travel time.

Kimberle
08-22-2003, 03:55 PM
I asked. Chip & Dale (Disney bus driver) told me to take the boat to MK then the GF boat to GF. That sounds a little more "relaxing" than the bus to TTC & monorail.

You could also take boat to CR, then monorail.

Lots of options.

Mom2Em
08-23-2003, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the help!! The boat ride to MK and then to GF sounds very relaxing...

Pig Pen
08-23-2003, 04:03 PM
Beware that sometimes the transportation ends sooner than expected. We had dinner at the Poly and wanted to get back to WL at 9:30 pm. MK had closed early (6:00 pm) and we were told the only way to get back to WL at this late hour was to bus all the way to DTD and catch a bus back. It was pouring rain at the time, otherwise we may have taken a chance on the monorail to the Contemporary (sometimes they run a boat from the Contemporary to the Lodge? I never tried it) or to TTC and figure out a way from there.

Anyway, that was the only transportation low-point. It would be nice if they ran a resort-only bus around the MK area.

Mom2Em
08-23-2003, 09:40 PM
Thanks Pig Pen!! :eek:
I hadn't even thought of that!!! We will be going in November so the park will probably be closing early... PS is not until 7 pm... Maybe we'll just drive...

Gary M
08-24-2003, 10:47 AM
We have stayed at WL several times during the winter. The park hours are short at that time. Sometimes during the evening, I go from WL to the GF, just to walk around the Poly and GF area. Unless things have changed, you can take a bus to TTC and then monorail to the GF and return monorail to TTC and bus to WL. I'm not sure how late the buses run, but I'm sure you can find out while there. The WL and Campgrounds are the only two resorts that have stops at TTC. Avoid DTD if possible, this trip would take forever. I believe the WL to TTC buses run until 10:00 pm, but I'm not real of that.

Since I really like the boats, I would do that, if they are running. Maybe you could take the boats to GF and go back to WL through the TTC.