View Full Version : Help! I can book my date thry Expedia!!!
08-22-2003, 01:36 PM
I need help to figure if I should do this. I am able to book AKL Sav view 2/6-2/15 at 165 a night without the DREAM package but I am a little nervous.
1. They charge for your whole stay at once. If you cancel there is a 25.00 charge.
2. They offer travel insurance if your plans change. Do I need this I have until !/31 to cancel.
3. My DH is afraid that we will get the worse room at AKL since we aren't going thru CRO. Do you think hes right?
My gut is telling me to hang in there for AP rates since these are the SAME rates that were available last year. Anyone have expereince cancelling anything thru expedia???
08-22-2003, 02:07 PM
If it were me, and I was fairly certain that my plans would not change, I would go for it. You won't get any different quality room if you don't go through CRO so no worries there. I don't think the front desk CMs even know how you book your room...they just get the "who's coming in when and for how long" information.
Yes, AP rates might come out...but they might not. They have not released any yet for September...one of the slowest times of the year...and there is speculation that they will not be as readily available as they have been in the past. Since the Expedia rate is the same as past AP rates I'd book it. At least you'd be guaranteed a discount.
Also, I assume that when you say there is a $25 fee if you cancel that you will get all of your money, except for $25, back. Is that right? If so then I think that's a small price to pay if your plans unexpectedly change.
Just my opinion, but I would book it.
08-22-2003, 04:31 PM
I booked AKL 2/3-2/12 through Expedia using this. A few others have posted that they were able to successfully book room only through them also.
There have also been some negative responses from some who feel that for one reason or another Disney will not honor these reservations because they are a mistake. You might want to read through these threads before you decide:
08-22-2003, 04:38 PM
These online hotel room resellers usually fax the reservations over to the actual hotel almost immediately... This has been going on for a few days, I think if it was some sort of error (especially one big enough to come back down on the consumer, not Expedia's head), someone would have pulled it by now. Expedia is big, not some little half-baked site.
08-22-2003, 04:47 PM
According to Expedia, my reservation has been received AND confirmed by AKL. (I printed that out, just in case. ;) )
08-22-2003, 07:13 PM
I actually booked the same dates as you (op) for Feb 6-Feb 15 at WL for $134. Double checked with Expedia when WDTC cm scared me that it wasn't valid...but according to Expedia it's valid, and since I verified, Expedia has added more hotels to the list! So, I don't think they would add to this if it wasn't ok. There is a chance that Disney might have this rate later, but I feel better about booking now and knowing it's done. The $25 is a small price to pay for cancellation, but I feel it is worth it because we are going for sure (already booked flights), so if I have to cancel it will be for a good reason. One bad WDTC cm vs. 3 Expedia customer service people will definitely assure me that Expedia will honor what they say, no matter what one WDTC cm says. Good luck deciding what to do.
08-22-2003, 10:34 PM
Just checked and the rates are not available anymore with the uph tacked on...Hopefully Disney will add rates, since it is value season!
08-22-2003, 11:06 PM
I have used Expedia on numerous occassions and never had a problem with the reservation or cancellation. I just check the exact dates you were talking about and they 100% tack on the UPH after you click the next page after the summary. I have tried everyone's dates and still come up with them tacking on the UPH, no way no how around it. My advice is if you got that rate without the UPH or that you can get it, GET IT! Expedia WILL honor that reservation and so will Disney, so don't worry about it! GO FOR IT, it's a great deal!
08-23-2003, 12:36 PM
dparksfan -- I already have my plane tickets as well! DH was originally not happy with my decision to stay at AKL, but he has since "come around" and we have no intentions of cancelling! Yay!
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.