PDA

View Full Version : What's the "perfect" YC room number?

littlewheel
08-22-2003, 10:17 AM
We are staying at the YC in October (CAN'T WAIT) on the Conceirge Floor, Water View - we'd love a room close to the Conceirge Loung, but more importantly, would love to sit on our balcony and see Illuminations at night...has anyone had this and, if so, what was your room number? Also - can I request a specific room number from the room assigners, or do they frown on this? Thanks for the information :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

SnackyStacky
08-22-2003, 11:07 AM
I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that because they have so many paritcular requests from people for room assignments, only the first request will be honored.

I think if you ask them for a specific room number, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Decide if you'd rather be closer to the lounge, or see the fireworks, and make that your first request.

Good luck! :)

ead79
08-22-2003, 11:14 AM
We stayed lagoon view concierge at the Yacht Club last December, and we loved it! We had room 5151, which was great. It was very close to the concierge lounge (I think it was about 3 or 4 doors down from the lounge, but there was a sitting area and door seperating the lounge from the hallway, so we never heard a bit of noise). We could sit on the end of our bed and see the fireworks from Illuminations. We didn't go out on our balcony to watch (it was pretty chilly), but I'm nearly 100% positive you could have seen well from there too. It was a great room. :)

littlewheel
08-22-2003, 11:20 AM
Can I be close to the conceirge lounge and have a view of the fireworks, or is the fireworks view better further away from the lounge?

littlewheel
08-22-2003, 11:22 AM
Thank you for the information! That does sound like the perfect room!!

figmentvi
08-22-2003, 12:11 PM
The first time we stayed at the YC Concierge we stayed in room 5161 (not too far from ead79's). It's located right next to the Admiral's Suite. I thought it was the PERFECT room. Not too far from the lounge, tucked away in a corner, very little hall traffic, perfect view of the Eiffel Tower from my bed and a wonderful view of Crescent Lake, Illuminations and Boardwalk.

Loved that room !!!!

hulabird
08-22-2003, 01:31 PM
I have requested specific room numbers before and have gotten them, but I did so at check-in, if the room was available and ready, it was given to me. (This was not at YC, but at CBR and AKL)

pooh6890
08-22-2003, 03:26 PM
We stayed YC concierge last year too. I think the room number was 5162. I could see the Eiffel Tower from my bed and Illuminations perfectly from my balcony too. I believe all the rooms that are waterview have a great view of Illuminations. What a wonderful room we had. It was a Deluxe room with a full bed, full daybed and some kind of pull out twin size big chair type bed. We also were about 3 doors down from the lounge and loved having our breakfast there every a.m. (the krispy creme glazed chocolate donuts are to DIE FOR!) The snacks and wines were just perfect and I would say that is our favorite hotel stay so far. Wish I could afford it this year, but it's the CBR for us in November. Have a great time!:D