PDA

View Full Version : CBR or BC? Help me choose!

Castillo Mom
08-22-2003, 01:43 AM
Here I go again, thinking about changing resorts. Seems like Disney is not offering room only codes very much lately and I really want to get the most bang for the buck. Right now I have reservations for two preferred rooms at CBR. CBR rooms only sleep 4 and we're a family of 5, so I was forced to reserve two rooms at the rack rate at $159 a night each. I have AAA but the discounted rate is not offered for the room type I chose. Anyway, I keep hearing about Stormalong Bay, and I think my boys would love it. Their ages are 9, 11 and 14. I priced a standard room at BC and it's about $300 cheaper than the two rooms at CBR. Here are my questions:

1. Would one room at BC be comforable for all of us?
2. Is the pool at BC worth changing resorts?
3. Can you see Illluminations from BC like you can at CBR?
4. How is the transportation at BC; better than CBR?
5. Is there a AAA rate for standard rooms at BC?
6. If I request a fridge at check-in, is there a daily fee?
7. Is the main pool super crowded during mid August?

Sorry for so many questions. I was getting cross eyed trying to sift through all the pages on this thread, so I thought I'd see if some kind soul would be willing to take the time to answer my questions. Thanks!

Lexxiefern
08-22-2003, 08:09 AM
Ok, I'll take a shot -

1. If two of your boys don't mind sharing a bed, then it would probably be ok. There are 2 queens and a daybed.

2. From what I have heard yes. I will be there in 2 weeks I can let you know when I return :p

3. I think some rooms have an Epcot view. If you do not get one of these I know there is a bridge on the walk to Epcot where you can see the fireworks.

4.not sure on the busses. But you can walk/boat to MGM and Epcot.

5. yes

6. yes - I think $10 day

7. I have no idea

DisneyMSF
08-22-2003, 09:37 AM
I can answer a couple of your questions.

We love staying at the Beach Club. In my opinion, yes, Stormalong Bay is worth it. Given the age of your kids, I think they would really enjoy it. The pool has three sections, one section has a current (like a lazy river), and there is a whirlpool in another section. The pool has a sand bottom and waterfalls in some places. And a fun water slide.

I do think we were able to see some of the Illuminations fireworks from the BC once, but we always just walked to Epcot to watch the fireworks. It's a short walk, and we would just walk through the International Gateway, and stand just at the top of the path. When the fireworks ended, we'd just walk back- without having to deal with the crowds trying to exit through the front gates.

The location of the Beach Club is excellent. Walking distance to Epcot and MGM. We took bus to MK, and it was fine. BC, YC, BW, Swan and Dolphin are all walking distance from each other. When we would leave the MK, if the Swan/Dolphin bus came first, we'd just hop on that and take that one instead.

The Boardwalk area is also a lot of fun to walk around in the evenings.

Eeyore1954
08-22-2003, 10:37 AM
CHANGE! :)

1. Would one room at BC be comforable for all of us?
As long as you get a day bed. Two queen beds would be a little tight.

2. Is the pool at BC worth changing resorts?
DEFINITELY! :p Stormalong Bay pool is AWESOME and your children would love the slide, the lazy river, the sandy bottom. Shoot, you'll probably have trouble getting them to LEAVE!!

3. Can you see Illluminations from BC like you can at CBR?
Depends on your room location. You can see the fireworks from the BC beach area. I don't think you can see the globe; you can hear the music on the beach.

4. How is the transportation at BC; better than CBR?
This is sort of relative. BC shares buses with other Epcot resorts (YC, Swan/Dolphin and BWI). Getting to EPCOT -- just walk it. At a slow pace (mine :o ) it may be 10 mins. tops. Disney Studios -- you can walk or take the boat. AKL & MK -- bus it.

5. Is there a AAA rate for standard rooms at BC?
I think so, but I don't know what it is.

6. If I request a fridge at check-in, is there a daily fee?
Yes, $10/day. Depends on availability also.

7. Is the main pool super crowded during mid August? SAB pool is now limited to guests of the YC/BC and BCV. CMs distribute ID bands to guests that you must wear and usually every guest must show a resort ID to enter. Sometimes it gets crowded, but I'm sure you can find times when it is less so.

Bottom line: I would change in less than a HEARTBEAT. My DW and I stayed at BC last Nov. and it was magnificent!

nuts4sn00py
08-22-2003, 10:50 AM
My DH & I stayed @CBR this past May & loved it. Quiet resort & we liked our room. Would stay there again. We stayed @BC last August with 3 kids...7, 8 & 20. We had a daybed, but it was a little crowded. Other than that, we LOVED BC! This is our favorite resort so far. Everyone loved SAB, & yes it was crowded, but that didn't matter. You just can't beat the location. DH & I sat on the balcony every night & loved it! You don't spend all that much time in your room so you should be okay. The boardwalk is another fun place at night for the kids. Face painting, sidewalk acts, carnival style games, etc.. I would love to stay @BC again for my next trip but can't do it unless there is an AP rate, so I have the next best thing the Swan! I will always chose an Epcot area resort whenever possible. Try BC, try it & I bet you'll like it! JMHO Kathy ;)

Castillo Mom
08-22-2003, 02:23 PM
Thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions. I think it's a done deal! Calling right now to check on AAA rates for BC. Thanks again!

Castillo Mom
08-22-2003, 03:35 PM
I did it! Not to begrudge CBR, but I'm more excited about staying at BC. This will be a nice surprise for my family. They all knew we were staying at CBR and I had even shown them pictures. But I'm keeping the switch to BC a secret. Now I have something new to look forward to.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Eeyore1954
08-22-2003, 03:48 PM
Wow will they be surprised when you arrive at the BEACH CLUB!!! Be sure to check our Beaches and Cream while you are there. It's a great place for a snack or meal.

I hope you have an incredibly magical trip! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: