PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stayed in Alligator Bayou Building 14?

Poohbear123
08-21-2003, 10:07 PM
Is it quiet? How many floors? Elevator?:confused: Is it near the MAIN food court?:confused: Thanks!

doubled07
08-21-2003, 11:03 PM
We stayed at POR earlier this year in June. While we didn't stay in #14 (we were in #27) I can tell you a little about it. No it doesn't have an elevator. None of the buildings in AB do. It is the nearest building to the food court. Just a few steps away actually. Since it is depending which way your room faces it could be a little more noisey than others because of the foot traffic to the food court or to the parking lot. I've read from others who stayed in 14 state this wasn't an issue though. There are 2 floors on each building in AB. We really enjoyed staying in 27 which is just a little ways down from 14 along side the river. Any further back than 27 in AB and your walk to the food court would start getting very long. I think you'll really enjoy POR if you stay there. We did.

doubled07

magicmouse2
08-22-2003, 02:17 AM
Yes We stayed there in April/May. It is quiet and extremely convenient for the food court. I am glad I listened to advice and requested it!!!:D We had a parking lot view, though you can get a room facing the direction of the food court or water view or view of the landscaping. See pictures of our room and resort click on my POR photos link

Sandi
08-22-2003, 12:57 PM
We've been in AB 14 three times and once in AB 15. I always request AB 14 because it is so convenient. We've been on both the first and the second floor -- I actually prefer the first floor because then I'm not worried about DD stomping on someone's ceiling. (For an 8yo, she walks heavy.) I must say, however, that we've always found the building quiet and aren't bothered by anyone stomping on our heads.

Last time we were there, a very loud family was a couple doors down. You could only hear them when they opened the door. Thank goodness we got there on their next to last day.

The toilets flush very loudly. That's something for which to be prepared.

wdwpshyco
08-22-2003, 01:33 PM
:p DW and I stayed in AB14 last Sept. and loved it. We also had parking lot view (who looks out windows???) and it was very quiet. Short walk to food court/main building (3 minutes approx) and to main pool (5 min approx). Quiet pool also close by.

You made a good choice. Have fun:p

Poohbear123
08-22-2003, 06:25 PM
Thank you all, this is my first time with POR and I am REALLY EXCITED about it!;)

eeyore0062
08-22-2003, 11:42 PM
Yes, we LOVE Alligator Bayou #14!

It has 2 floors, no elevator--- so if that is a problem, request 1st floor and let them know it is medical necessity--, and is extremely near the food court, but still feels secluded. It is also very near the main bus stop. It is our favorite bayou building, and Parterre Place is our favorite Mansion!