PDA

View Full Version : AAA rates

ChiTownZee
08-21-2003, 06:27 PM
Can you book AAA rates through Disney or do you have to book them through AAA?

randyl
08-21-2003, 07:03 PM
You can book AAA rates from either Disney or AAA. I first checked out AAA Disney room rates on their web site and then called and booked the rate through Disney (WDTC).

Pooh67_68
08-21-2003, 08:27 PM
My husband almost always calls AAA and lest them handle everything, he just tells them what resort and for how long.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Pryncess'mom
08-22-2003, 09:27 AM
Although I will never book with AAA again. For our millenium trip the AAA agent messed up the ressies which we didn't find out until we picked up the documents. Luckily they were able to fix them, but it still cost me more $$, they would not honor the price on my confirmation. ("That agent no longer works with us, Ma'am") NOT my fault!!!

Since then, I have found it very easy to simply call Disney myself and book with the AAA discount.

Good luck!

Deb:earsgirl:

sarahsmom73
08-22-2003, 01:52 PM
I booked ours through CRO

Tinkbell
08-22-2003, 01:55 PM
Just booked through CRO today. It was quite painless.:D Be sure to have your card on hand. They did ask for the #.

pooh6890
08-22-2003, 03:10 PM
Just booked the CBR for $106.40/night thru AAA. The only thing I couldn't do (or maybe didn't know how) was to put in special requests like non-smoking or a building preference so I guess when I call to confirm I will add that. Is that how it normally goes with AAA?

brentalex
08-22-2003, 03:23 PM
I book through CRO for the AAA rate and it was very easy. They do ask for the member number when you book, although not if you just inquire about rates. Then when you book you can make all your special room requests. All very easy.:Pinkbounc

SuBeat
08-22-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by brentalex
I book through CRO for the AAA rate and it was very easy. They do ask for the member number when you book, although not if you just inquire about rates. Then when you book you can make all your special room requests. All very easy.:Pinkbounc

I asked the CM for the rate the other day and she wouldn't let me know a thing without a membership number, not even if there were rates available for my dates. I was trying to find that out before we purchased a membership.

Anybody know if Dec. 18-27 at WL is available, and if so what the rate is?

randyl
08-22-2003, 05:50 PM
Check out the AAA web site (look up the travel section). It was really easy to get a quote. I did that and then I called Disney to book the room. But they didn't ask me for my membership # though.

DebbieB
08-22-2003, 08:03 PM
I thought I had a AAA rate until I got my confirmation today. I thought it was strange when I made the reservation that it was $100 deposit and I got a WDTC reservation #. I said do I have to prepay, she said no, remainder at check-in. She mentioned when she pulled up my phone # that I was a Disney Club member but I said I wanted to do AAA. She took my AAA member # when making the reservation. My confirmation is Disney Club, remainder due 9/10 (going 10/1 to 10/6)! I figured out that my closing date on my charge is around 9/5, so if I have them charge it on 9/10 it will be on my statement dated 10/5. If I charged it at check-in on 10/1 it would be on my 10/5 statement, so it really doesn't matter. The rate is the same either way. Talk about mixed up! I was hoping I could get a lower AP rate but it looks like that's fading..... :(

mickeysaver
08-22-2003, 10:19 PM
I forgot about my honey's AAA membership and didn't think to ask about using a discounted AAA rate when I booked at Pop Century for the opening week in December. :rolleyes: I called the other day and the CM said that I could not apply the AAA rate to my reservation because the resort is booked for the week already. :confused: I thought that you could always apply discount codes to a current reservation. Does anyone know if the CM might be mistaken? Thanks Mickey

Alice in Cleveland
08-23-2003, 07:10 AM
mickeysaver, I'm not sure of the answer to your question, but I've always found that if I don't like the answer one CM gives me, it usually pays off to call back and try with someone else.:D

skiwee1
08-23-2003, 08:25 AM
You can only book a AAA rate if they have a room set aside for it. I booked the Poly months ago for my October trip. I decided to see how much I could save using my AAA card last week. The CM first had to look to see if there were any rooms available using the AAA rate beforehand. Just like other discounts, there are only so many rooms available under each one. They did have the room for me so I got the Poly GV for $309 instead of $344. I booked mine through CRO and have the same terms as them.

ceecee
08-23-2003, 09:33 AM
I called AAA and got a quote and then called directly and got a much better price asking them for the AAA rate. (she said to make sure we bring our card when we check in).

AreWeThereYet?
08-23-2003, 10:01 AM
I spoke with a lady in WDTC yesterday, and was booking a single room, a package, then a single room, the package being with DC discount. (kind of strange, but it works out for us doing it this way) After the lady posed about 5 different hurdles before finally booking my trip, I asked her if I could get the AAA rate on the two nights we weren't using a package. She said, nope, can't do it. You will have to book those two nights through AAA--meaning that I needed to actually call AAA and book with them!!?!?!

After I asked her what she was talking about, she then proceeded to tell me that "Sorry, I have been doing reservations for a very long time, and I know what I am talking about."

Honestly it sounded like she had a very long day and just wanted to be argumentative, so I politely ended the call. I will call back today to get the rates. This isn't true, is it???

mickeysaver
08-23-2003, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the explanation and the help. I so rarely travel and use the AAA discounts that I often times forget what the policies are. Thanks again! Mickey