PDA

View Full Version : Vanishing 2004 Packages

swampkatz
08-21-2003, 02:52 PM
Alright, I admit to getting old and having a raging case of short term memory loss but this is ridiculous! I read that 2004 dates were available at the WDW site and I scampered right over there. In cyberspace, I can still scamper. And lo and behold the dates were there. There were even 2004 packages listing all the frou-frous and gee-gaws that came with the packages. There were updates about all the various plans and even a few new plans. There was a Princess and Prince Plan, which I of course had to check out. My Princesses are grown now but I'm a sucker for the word Princess, conjures up all kinds of pretty images for my pastel world. My youngest Princess calls it the "Ebola Syndrome", as in, if they put it in pink netting and tied it up with multi-colored, scissor curled, ribbon, I'd buy the ebola virus, but I digress.
Anyway, I'm having a grand time exploring packages and add-ons when I must of hit the "ha-ha, fooled you" key because it all went away. I mean, I can still check 2004 dates but the frou-frou stuff is gone, all gone, vanished and it ain't my imagination!
Is this like the vanishing AP rates of several weeks ago? If anyone else finds this info, please let me know cause I'm starting to think I've watched Fantasia one too many times.

Kathi:confused:

momxx5
08-21-2003, 03:29 PM
I, too, hurried over to WDW site to check out the 2004 dates, but I must say that I have never seen all the "fruo-fruo" stuff. I cannont ever find anything but the basic package - fast package, I think, with the silver add-on.

I go the web site -
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltdisneyworld/index

and then check out resorts. Where else should I be looking?

Thanks for any help.

Swampkatz - I'm a sucker for a "princess" anytime - after having 3 boys, I have my very own princesses : a 4yr old girly-girl (diva in training) and a very sugary sweet 17mo.

Freiden8
08-21-2003, 05:03 PM
You're not as crazy as you think... I went to check it out, and its there all right.. the Princess and Prince package...

from the disney site.......

"Disney's Dream Maker™ Package with Princess and Prince Plan

Sprinkle on the pixie dust! Here's a wish come true for young Disney dreamers and their parents, too! Get the royal treatment, from special seatings to dining with Disney favorites when you add on the exclusive* Princess and Prince Plan to Disney's Dream Maker™ Package.

Packages provided by Walt Disney Travel Company, Inc.

Plan Includes:

Special Seating at select Disney-MGM Studios Shows
Special Seating at select Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Shows
One Disney Character Breakfast per person
50 Disney Dollars per child

Plan Details:
Special seating*** at select Disney-MGM Studios shows:
Beauty and the Beast-Live on Stage
Playhouse Disney-Live on Stage
Special seating*** at select Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park shows:
Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends
Festival of the Lion King
Tarzan™ Rocks!
Flights of Wonder
One Disney Character Breakfast** per peson (reservations required and may be made up to 90 days in advance)
50 Disney Dollars per child (ages 3-9), which can be used at select locations at the Walt Disney World® Resort for anything you wish, including:

The perfect outfit for your little princess or prince
Photo with your favorite princess or Disney character
Recreation or dining throughout the Walt Disney World® Resort

Rates:
PRINCESS AND PRINCE PLAN ADD-ON PRICING PER PERSON
AT SELECTED WALT DISNEY WORLD® RESORT HOTELS
$23 PER ADULT
$23 PER JUNIOR (ages 10-17)
$64 PER CHILD (ages 3-9)
(Everyone in the room must be on the same Package and Plan Add-On.)

The purchase of the Princess and Prince Plan Add-On is only available where the Dream Maker™ Package is purchased to include at least one child (age 3-9) per room.

*Exclusive to all vacation brands operated by the Walt Disney Travel Company.
**Character dining based on availability; package does not guarantee specific locations and are subject to change without notice.
***Certain block-out dates apply during select holiday periods."

KIS
08-21-2003, 10:27 PM
Dear Freiden8,

My guess is that the per person rates you quoted were per day, not a one time cost, correct?

KIS

KIS
08-21-2003, 10:27 PM
Dear Freiden8,

My guess is that the per person rates you quoted were per day, not a one time cost, correct?

KIS

Freiden8
08-22-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by KIS
Dear Freiden8,

KIS

Yeah, that would be my guess!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

swampkatz
08-22-2003, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the Responses.

Not long after I posted I was able to get back there from here.

Momxx5 : I sent you a PM with the addy. Sounds like just the thing for the Diva in Training.

Amber : Thanks for hunting it down for me. I knew I hadn't hallucinated it.

KIS : I'm not sure if it's per day or not, but it sounds interesting.

I noticed that there were a few changes with some of the add-ons but nothing major.

Kathi