PDA

View Full Version : Just got Dolphin $109/nt on Hotwire~Jan. 2004!

momtotwinglesx4
08-21-2003, 01:50 PM
I'm so excited! I had a Club Level Dolphin Jr. Suite booked for our family of 7 for 4 nites of our trip at the nurse's rate of $340/nite, but with the recent postings of the Swan coming up at great rates, I decided to check for my dates. Really didn't think anything would come up for Jan. though.

I put in for 2 rooms, WDW area, for Jan. 6 to 10, 2004.

4* hotel for $109.00/room/nite that showed up showed:
restaurant
pool
fit. center
bus. center
golf
tennis
laundry

Took the plunge and got the Dolphin!! Yippee! (Would have been just as pleased with Swan too!) Won't be club level, but for $122/nite cheaper, I guess we can buy our own bagels, lol!

Sue

Robinette
08-21-2003, 02:02 PM
Good for you, Sue!

Quite a few people are getting the S/D on hotwire today. Question...does it come up saying "Customer Favorite?" I've put in my dates for October and a 4* hotel with the same ammenities shows up for $73.00 a night. Anyone know?

hulabird
08-21-2003, 02:12 PM
Be careful because Wyndam Palace has also said customer favorite. What I saw when I did a package search for Hotwire is write down all the amenities for the swan that was on the package and then when I did the search tried to match them up. On both package and then the regular hotel search laundry and R for resort came up.

rlduvall
08-21-2003, 02:18 PM
The $73.00 rate that says Customer Favorite is Wyndham. I keep getting that one, too. If you read the "reviews" sometimes it says within walking distance to DTD. I don't want that one, I want the Swan, wahhhhhhhh! I don't think Swan shows a SPA and Wyndham's does.

momtotwinglesx4
08-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Robinette
Good for you, Sue!

Question...does it come up saying "Customer Favorite?"

No, I don't recall seeing "customer favorite" on mine.

magicmouse2
08-21-2003, 02:58 PM
One of them shows for $149 for April 04:D
Sticking with my Disney ressies for now;)

grimp
08-21-2003, 05:44 PM
Thank you for posting your information. I had Swan booked with AAA discount for Feb. 8 - Feb. 10 at $177.50. After reading your post I checked Hotwire; I decided to take the shot and also got the Dolphin for $109. Must say that my hands were shaking when I hit the purchase button as my wife would have shot me had the $109 quote been another hotel.

kimmie
08-21-2003, 05:50 PM
I am too scared to do it! I would love to jump on this rate, but I chicken out! What if its not S/D? I am like you Grimp, I would be a nervous wreck!!;)

kda
08-21-2003, 06:05 PM
So, are Swan & Dolphin the ones that show R for resort?
Any other hotel show R?

Thanks!

grimp
08-21-2003, 07:12 PM
Both show four stars and -

The Dolphin shows:

Restaurant
Pool
Fitness
Business Center
Golf Nearby
Tennis Nearby
Laundry

The Swan shows:
R
Restaurant
Pool
Fitness
Business Center
Golf Nearby
Tennis Nearby
Spa

swilphil
08-21-2003, 07:19 PM
I went to the Betterbidding.com site and someone posted this at 4:30 p.m. today:

"I just got the Swan for 12/1-12/5 at $112 and it DID NOT match the Swan described in the package. It had the 8 ammens that match the Dolphin but it did not have R (resort) or SPA. I thought for sure I was getting the Dolphin but it came back as the Swan."

The website gives you what amenities different hotels list, and hopefully they keep updated. I'm tempted to try it for our next trip.

sandbar
08-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Does that rate include the $10 resort fee? Either way, you get a high 5 from me for getting that great price! Good for you!! Have a great time! :D

CaliforniaDreaming
08-21-2003, 08:24 PM
I see $149 with an "R" & "SPA" - is this the Swan?

JennSaint
08-21-2003, 08:30 PM
Well we had decided to take a break from Disney in February 2004. We are going to Bonita Springs Hyatt Regency for 8 nights but I left our last night open to stay somewhere around St Petersburg since that's where we are flying into. Well since I still read these boards everyday I decided what the heck lets spend our last night in Disney and I went to hotwire and also got the Dolphin for $109.00 per night!!! We are planning to go to Disney again in February 2005 and were planning on staying in the Epcot resort area so this will be a good chance to see if we would like this area.

I'm so excited! Can't believe I'm so excited for one night! We still have a day and plus left on our park hoppers so we figure we can use one or the other for that one day.

Thanks momtotwingles for tipping us off!:Pinkbounc

summerrluvv
08-21-2003, 09:17 PM
Thanks for posting that betterbidding.com website. I hadn't seen that one before! I usually check out biddingfortravel.com, but that Cheryl is just so nasty over there! I can't stand to read her rude replies anymore.

maggiew
08-21-2003, 09:54 PM
California Dreaming - the Swan does NOT have the Spa icon.

Maggie

CaliforniaDreaming
08-21-2003, 10:02 PM
Guess it must be the Wyndham Palace then...

plutosmyfav
08-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by swilphil
I went to the Betterbidding.com site and someone posted this at 4:30 p.m. today:

"I just got the Swan for 12/1-12/5 at $112 and it DID NOT match the Swan described in the package. It had the 8 ammens that match the Dolphin but it did not have R (resort) or SPA. I thought for sure I was getting the Dolphin but it came back as the Swan."

The website gives you what amenities different hotels list, and hopefully they keep updated. I'm tempted to try it for our next trip.

That was me! I was sure I was bidding on the Dolphin, but it came back as the Swan. There definitely was no SPA or R icons. It's very strange but I'm not complaining :)

plutosmyfav
08-21-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by maggiew
California Dreaming - the Swan does NOT have the Spa icon.

Maggie

When I looked at packages, the Swan did have a SPA icon, but the hotel I bid on (turned out to be Swan) did not have the SPA icon.

mom-2greatkids
08-21-2003, 10:14 PM
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Just got the Dolphin for $109 in January!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

WDW here we come!

maggiew
08-21-2003, 11:18 PM
I remember reading awhile back from a post that ??? (the guy who does the betterbidding site) said that perhaps if the Westin company releases Swan rooms to Hotwire, that it has the Resort icon. But if it is the Swan itself releasing the rooms, then it doesn't have the Resort icon.

I remember back in April when I was bidding on the Dolphin for my June stay, that some people were getting the Swan with the Resort icon and some were getting it with the Dolphin-like icons.

Plutosmyfav - that's interesting. I plugged in your dates and the Swan did INDEED have a SPA icon. That is the first I have heard of that. I don't think I have heard of anyone winning a room only bid for the Swan and it having the SPA icon. I'd be interested to see someone bid on California Dreamin's hotel and see if it is the Swan.

Maggie

p.s. Does the Swan even have a Spa??

Madi100
08-21-2003, 11:26 PM
Does this include the $10 added fee?

momtotwinglesx4
08-21-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Madi100
Does this include the $10 added fee?

No, the $10 resort fee is not included. I don't think resort fees are ever included on Hotwire or Priceline.

adisneynut
08-22-2003, 10:03 AM
it is showing a 4 star with the rate of 109.00,
no R for resort, and also no spa icom. Is this what everyone else saw?

hulabird
08-22-2003, 12:02 PM
I just got this off the betterbidding site:

***Note about Swan and Dolphin: when these hotels come up as options for Vacation Packages, the amenity icons are not listed. The amenities listed are taken from the "Package Details" link.

the Swan also shows laundry facilities, but only if you click on "detailed information" (as the row of icons can only show up to 8 amenity icons, but you can see 9th, 10th, etc if you click on "detailed information" link)

Hope this helps those of you checking out Hotwire...and..GOOD LUCK, hope you all get either S or D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike_in_FL
08-22-2003, 01:28 PM
Thanks all. Just got the Dolphin for $109/night for Dec 29-Jan 1 on Hotwire! I was surprised to be able to get those dates.

Mike

swilphil
08-22-2003, 03:47 PM
I can't believe you got those dates Mike.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

adisneynut
08-22-2003, 09:22 PM
Swan. I know what I am getting with the ressie I made with the Swan. Hotwire would be about 20.00 less but it is for a standard view room.The AP rate is for a lake view.

I am glad for all of you who have already have your ressies. :) :)

AdventurerKat
08-22-2003, 09:36 PM
Thank you for that link. I agree that Cheryl gets pretty nasty with anyone trying to offer ANY information that could be useful in choosing a hotel through Hotwire.

Cosme
08-23-2003, 09:59 AM
How can you search for 2004 rates in Hotwire?? I am not seeing where you can input the year. I thought i could only get 2003

Liz
08-23-2003, 10:03 AM
What does it say if the Wyndam comes up? If I'm seeing a price of $109 with the same ammenities mentioned in the OP, can I be pretty sure that's going to be either the Swan or Dolphin?

I'm assuming Hotwire is a no refund place similar to Priceline, is that correct?

I'm just looking around and hoping for a deal, not really ready to purchase right now because airfare is so ridiculously high. But I can hope!

Good luck everyone and congrats to those who got awesome deals!

momtotwinglesx4
08-23-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Cosme
How can you search for 2004 rates in Hotwire?? I am not seeing where you can input the year. I thought i could only get 2003

Just click on the month you want (Jan., for example) and it will automatically come up 2004, since Jan. 2003 is in the past.

Liz,

Yes, Hotwire is a no-refunds deal, like Priceline. While there's no guarantee, I think it's a high likelihood that what you're seeing is Dolphin if the icons shown are just like in my original post, and the price is $109. I think the Swan was coming up $112 or $115.
It's kind of scary, I know, but your odds are pretty good, I think.

Sue

DianeV
08-23-2003, 12:43 PM
I would just watch out for that "Customer Favorite" message. That tells me its not the swan or dolphin

Erica
08-23-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by summerrluvv
Thanks for posting that betterbidding.com website. I hadn't seen that one before! I usually check out biddingfortravel.com, but that Cheryl is just so nasty over there! I can't stand to read her rude replies anymore.

Good! I thought I was the only one who thoguht she was rude...I am going over to betterbidding.com too.

Thanks for the 109.00 tip, It seems to be available the night I want to go in Jan too!

-Erica