PDA

View Full Version : (Soon) Expansion of Service in Grand Floridian SL Concierge

PghDisney
08-21-2003, 11:50 AM
On other threads I saw this subject brought up and promised to check into the expansion of service at Sugar Loaf to include wine, cordials, deserts and service until 10 pm instead of the now 7 pm. This following are the relavent parts of the email back from Clarke, the one in planning that I have been dealing with. Hope that this helps some and maybe those in October will get a surprise of expanded service.

'Thank you for your recent e-mail, and the kind words. We were all happy to hear that there were plans for Sugarloaf's kitchen facilities to be expanded, at which time it may occur that the servings there will parallel those in the main building. As it is now, Sugarloaf omits only the wine with the 4th serving and the 5th serving with cordials altogether. I believe the reason for this is due to the limited space of Sugarloaf's present kitchen, which does not allow for the necessary storage and refrigeration equipment. When all this will happen has not been announced, but for certain - I am sorry to report - it will not be ready in time for your arrival on the 31st.'

Michelle2
08-21-2003, 12:00 PM
When they referred to the 31st was that the month of August or October??? I will be going to the GF SL concierge on September 30th through October 8th, and a planner made it seem that changes might be available then...Keeping my fingers crossed, not for the wine or alcohol, but for the extended hours and desserts, YUM!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

magicmouse2
08-21-2003, 12:05 PM
Thats good news. I will be there on 21st September. I doubt it will be done by then however.

PghDisney
08-21-2003, 02:27 PM
I go the 31st of August until September 7th, so definately not then . . . good luck to you both on it being done when you go

boomer626
08-21-2003, 06:13 PM
Thanks for checking on this and providing the info. I had heard something similar from Clarke, but not that level of detail. Just have to see for October.

Janet2k
08-22-2003, 02:12 PM
PghDisney, thank you for the excellent news.

CaliforniaDreaming
08-22-2003, 02:22 PM
Humm, now you have me anxious to stay in Sugar Loaf. ;) I really wasn't planning to stay at the GF next year, but I might just have to...