PDA

View Full Version : UK stores at Epcot

zurgswife
08-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Has anybody seen the vinettes that are upstairs at some of the stores? I've heard they exist but have never seen them...and anybody enlighten me....

Fantasia Sam
08-19-2003, 04:03 AM
Oh Kim I wish I could help you but I have no idea what you're referring to :confused:

zurgswife
08-19-2003, 07:46 AM
Thanks Sam...that unfortunatley is what everybody says...

Fantasia Sam
08-19-2003, 10:09 AM
Can you describe them or post a picture or something - I feel as if this is something I should know but we probably call them something different :confused:

catherine
08-19-2003, 01:20 PM
Hi Zurgswife, do you mean vignettes? Do they tell some sort of story? I am sorry that I haven't seen then, but as Fantasia Sam says if you could give us some more info. perhaps somebody here could help you.

Peebee
08-19-2003, 04:28 PM
They're mentioned on www.wdwig.com/e_uk.htm:

If you look up in some of the shops you'll get an extra treat. In the Crown & Crest shop, for instance, you'll note several suits of armor, as well as shields, swords and a huge wrought-iron chandelier. Some of the other shops have an upstairs with little historical vignettes set up that you can visit -- Just look for the staircase or ask a Cast Member!

This is all news to me, and i'm definitely going to have a poke around when we're there in October :D

Paul

Fantasia Sam
08-20-2003, 12:58 AM
Oh I wonder if CarolynU's son Simon can help us on this after all he worked in the UK shops? ;)

CarolynU can you help Kim (Zurgswife) ??

TIA

CarolynU
08-29-2003, 10:35 AM
Hey I've just seen this as I have been away at WDW! I will get Simon on to it. Carolyn