PDA

View Full Version : 7/31/04 Rollcall

Pages : 1 [2]

jlawall
06-22-2004, 07:00 AM
On GC, as soon as you tender you will see many taxis around. They offer to take you to 7 mile beach which is right up the road. I'm not sure about Cozumel but I've heard that taking a taxi to Paradise Beach is a nice idea. There is shopping right when you get off the ship at both locations.

scott.campbell
06-22-2004, 08:06 AM
Thanks for that info, I'm not sure whether or not to use local taxis. I'll check the price of the DCL trips to the beaches, and then decide.

DisneyBill
06-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by jlawall
There is shopping right when you get off the ship at both locations.

Thanks for the warning! Now, if I can just keep my wife distracted...

jlawall
06-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Usually, the DCL excursions are run nicely and the good ones fill up quickly. The local taxis are usually cheaper but you are on your own!

The shopping is good but not amazing in my opinion! In Cozumel, definitely bargin, you will do better. In GC, the shopping is just okay.

Innerpc
06-24-2004, 10:31 AM
Anyone get their documents yet? If not, when can we expect them?

My daughter's would like to wear their denim skirts with nice shirts to dinner.... this would be appropriate wouldn't it?

appink
06-24-2004, 12:35 PM
No Doc's yet.

Your daughters will be fine in a denim skirt and nice top. My son usually wears nice pants and a polo shirt. Some people dress their kids up to the hilt but I can't see us doing that.

Patti

scott.campbell
06-24-2004, 12:43 PM
No docs here either.

We have started to do some packing though!!

tdsryan
06-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Still waiting for the docs here too!

jlawall
06-24-2004, 10:15 PM
No docs here but we're closing in on 30 days to go!!!

jlawall
06-28-2004, 01:45 AM
anyone gettin' excited!!!

scott.campbell
06-28-2004, 04:13 AM
Excited. About going on a fab holiday, on a great ship, visiting great places, and then a week at about the most fun place on the planet.

Nah not excited.

:cheer2: :cloud9: :love: :rotfl: :jumping1:

scott.campbell
06-28-2004, 11:19 AM
OK now we are excited, cruise docs arrived today via UPS.

appink
06-28-2004, 06:47 PM
Yep!! We are officially excited Too!!!!! We got our docs today.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :wave2:

Patti

appink
06-29-2004, 03:37 PM
Ok Guys I went through all 18 pages of this and pulled together a summary of most of the information. If there is anything you want to add to the list let me know and I will do it.

Dismeet 3pm at the Goofy Pool
Most of us are doing the Captain Marvins thing in Grand Cayman

Appink DW DH DS11 5020
jlawall DW DH DD's 20, 17, 13
DisneyBill DW DH DS 17 DD11 +more 5016 5018
Scott.campbell DW DH DS7 5132
tdsryan (couldn't find any other info)
fcrouch DW DH DD4
michpoit DW DH DS8 DD5 & DFIL 5009 5010
Innerpc DW DH DD's 18, 13, 10 DSD DSSIL DGS2 5506 5009 5530
5by5 DW DH D's 7 and 4
gene2geno DW DH DS18

If I missed anyone let me know.

A whole bunch of us are on deck 5 forward. I might have to do something to keep you all quiet.

Looking forward to seeing everyone very soon.

Patti

fcrouch
06-29-2004, 03:42 PM
Appink - what a great service to compile that info - thanks

my wife had wondered if there were kids our daughter's age in the "disboard" group - she's never been on the board - I just tell her what I learn.

we haven't received our documents yet but our travel agent usually gets them to us about two weeks out

our daughter is looking forward to the mickey boat -

I put in for a postcard from Verandah man - which is also a wonderful service.

gene2geno
06-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Thanks appink

you can add DW DH DS18 for gene2geno

no documents yet - the anticipation is killing me!!:crazy:

jlawall
06-29-2004, 04:28 PM
No docs here either!!:o

Anyone else signed up for the jeep tour in Cozumel? We are a party of five and it would be nice to hook up with others to fill 2 cars or whatever? Anyone in???? Even other teens who want to hook up with us are welcome!!:teeth:

scott.campbell
06-30-2004, 05:03 AM
thanks for the summary appink.

Our stateroom is 5132.

All we have booked is Capt Marvins, we are thinking about a beach trip also.

Cases have been looked out and some of the essentials are already packed!!

Innerpc
06-30-2004, 06:14 PM
Whooohooo!!! Our docs came today. It FEELS so official now!

appink - thanks for all the info...

jlawall - my daughter is 13 also... she's at camp right now (will return on Saturday), she'd love to email with your daughter.

Mandy

michpoit
06-30-2004, 09:19 PM
We got our docs today too! I am just so excited!

jlawall
07-01-2004, 10:11 PM
It's official!! We got docs today!!!

tdsryan
07-02-2004, 06:19 PM
You folks are getting me nervous. I just came back from a trip to the shore this week, and nothing came while I was gone. :(

jlawall
07-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Ours came is skinny brown boxes and I almost didn't open them. They were delivered into the floor of my open garage door so....look around your house, your front door, etc. and maybe they are out there.

RayGu
07-03-2004, 12:53 AM
Woo-hooo
OK so I finally found a page where others are in the same boat (so to speak).

My whole family is getting excited, we finally got our cruise docs and I want to go on vacation.

I'm looking forward to getting any info you cruise veterans might share.

Hope to see you all on board in less than a month.

RG(DH)::MickeyMo, SG(DW)::MinnieMo, EG(DD14):wave:, LG(DD8) :rolleyes1

by the way, how do you get the count-down timer to show up on your comments?

gou752
07-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Hey all.

:cheer2:Happy 4th of July!:cheer2:

Can't wait till the cruise--27 days!!!

Are there any other teens out there who wanna talk before the cruise?

CAN'T WAIT!!!:teeth:

--Gou:earsgirl: (DD14) (daughter of RayGu (DH):earsboy: and DW:earsgirl:, sister to DD8:earsgirl: )

OH yeah-- how do you get the countdown?

jlawall
07-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Go to tech board for the countdowns!

gou752
07-04-2004, 07:36 PM
Cool thanks I figured it out... I think... let's see...

gou752
07-04-2004, 07:37 PM
yep it worked... YAY!

gou752
yep it worked... YAY!

gou752
yep it worked... YAY!

gou752
07-04-2004, 07:39 PM
sorry about that I hit it too many times

scott.campbell
07-05-2004, 06:42 AM
And I thought it was just because you were excited gou752!

What is everyones best tip for what to bring, not the obvious ones like tickets, camera, yourself etc.?

We are not cruise regulars, but based on our limited experience - I think our tip is that one of those little travel organiser bags are essential, not to big, not too heavy, but can fit the essentials for those excursions.

Most of all bring a relaxed, fun attitude, oh and plenty of sunscreen. :sunny:

tdsryan
07-05-2004, 01:26 PM
You guys made me nervous, with all of your "got my docs" talk. I called the DCL Air Travel desk to find out my flight times. The rep said that the docs for people who booked their air through DCL usually come about two weeks after those people who didn't. So, I can breathe a little easier. :D

appink
07-06-2004, 08:22 AM
wow tdsryan, I would be on pins and needles by now. I filled mine out that day they came. Pulled out one of the suit cases over the weekend to start throwing in the sun screen and stuff like that. We have so much going on in the next few weeks that the time is really going to fly.

Hey everyone, where did our clocks go?

Patti

RayGu
07-06-2004, 03:41 PM
Hey all,

I was wondering the same. I finally got it to show up and they all went away. There was a message on the tech support board from 07/06/04 that they are doing work on the board and will have it back up soon. See below...

RayGu ::MickeyMo

"WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Just a reminder that testing should only be done on the tech test board. Also you won't be able to check your countdown clocks for the next couple of days as they have been turned off while board work is being done. They should be back when that is finished.

When in doubt always check the tech board.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

gou752
07-06-2004, 08:21 PM
OH MY GOD
I just realized that we will all know each other in 24 short days. OMG!!!

gou752
07-07-2004, 10:38 PM
OK a few things:

Is the Stingray City Snorkel Tour :fish: the same thing as Captain Marvins pirate: ? We are booked for Stingray City and I don't want to be all alone doing that when all of you are doing the same thing but together. :boat:

Also-- jlawall-- I'm 14 and am trying to meet up with others about my age :wave2: and I read (somewhere) your daughter was also looking for others her age. Maybe we could get to know each other before...

23 days!
or you could put it this way to make it seem shorter:
13 days till single digits, or
12 days till 10 days

--gou

Innerpc
07-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Hi Gou - there are several companies who have excursions to Stingray City. Capt. Marvins is one of the companies. Do you know what company you booked your Stingray City excursion through?

My daughter is turning 13 next week. She'd love to have a few people to email with ahead of time.

Innerpc

jlawall
07-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Sorry guys, I haven't had a chance to talk to my DD14 about this yet. Last year, my oldest killed me when I encouraged people to email her without her permission. Anyway, we will all be there at the Goofy pool on the first day to meet everyone at the DISmeet at 3pm. Hopefully, the girls will connect there.

3 weeks!!!!

appink
07-08-2004, 02:44 PM
My boss just got back from a cruise to Italy today and now I really want to get going. I hope time learns how to fly soon.

Patti

tdsryan
07-09-2004, 07:34 PM
My docs showed up today. Now, I feel like I belong. :teeth:

jlawall
07-10-2004, 09:18 AM
WTG, WE BROKE 20 DAYS TO GO, WHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Innerpc
07-10-2004, 06:43 PM
I've never been afraid to fly... but this time.... I'm a nervous wreck!!! I've heard it's pretty bumpy coming into Orlando. Anyone have anything wise to tell me that will make me feel better????? I'm not afraid to CRASH, I'm afraid of TURBULENCE!

Mandy:hyper:

RayGu
07-10-2004, 11:31 PM
Think of a happy place. You will be on The Magic a few hours after landing, turbulance or not.

Remember the movie Airplane...? Don't eat the fish.:jester:

gou752
07-10-2004, 11:41 PM
:tongue: 10 days till 10 days! 11 days till single digits! :tongue:

20 DAYS!!!

gou752
07-10-2004, 11:53 PM
oh yeah-- innerpc--

just personal message her e-mail address to me or e-mail it to my dad (RayGu)-- i'd also like to e-mail before the cruise! :chat:

jlawall
07-11-2004, 07:56 AM
What time are you flying in? Usually the turbulence is caused by thunder storms in the afternoon. If you are flying in in the morning you should be okay.

Innerpc
07-11-2004, 10:50 AM
Our plane lands at 9:54 p.m. It's tough to get a flight that lands early in the morning because we are coming from California. Hopefully by this time of night the thunderstorms will have already passed through.

BUT, I'm flying into Orlando at 4pm on Tuesday (for a convention)... that's probably not a good time... oh well, I'll just take my Xanax and have a glass of wine...

Do the thunderstorms only come in the late afternoons? Is there any days that are "just sunny" all day? I'm a California girl ~ I have no clue about these thunderstorms...... same in the Caribbean?

Mandy

scott.campbell
07-11-2004, 11:45 AM
I agree just go to your "happy place" if turbulence occurs.

Does anyone have experience of the wine packs that can be purchased, I understand that it covers all your wine for the trip. Am I correct, or is it just wishfull thinking?

16 days till my son's bithday.
18 days till we fly to London.
19 days till we fly to Orlando
then onto the ship.

Innerpc
07-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Okay, I'll just remember...

Happy Place, Happy Place, Happy Place....

RayGu
07-11-2004, 12:21 PM
From what I can gather the wine pack covers you for one bottle each night. You don't have to finish the bottle each night (not that that's a problem) and you can take the bottle back to your room. I read someplace, but can't remember the answer whether or not the value goes against your customs allowance.
There are 2 seperate packages.
The regular package is ~$160? for one bottle each evening and the premium package is ~$270.
I'm not sure of the difference between what they call the regular and premium.
I'm debating just bringing my onboard.

I found most of this info as I was surfing. You might find it in some of the recent navigators that are posted at various websites.
Hope this helps.

RayGu
07-11-2004, 12:32 PM
Scott-
If you haven't been there yet go to **********************.<---this info does not show. see next post
There is a place to view recent Navigators. The most current is from June 19. On the last page of day 1 is a small add with current wine package pricing.

The navigators are also a fun way to prepare yourself for a week of shipboard life.

RayGu
07-11-2004, 12:34 PM
ok we'll try this way. you'll have to add your own dotcom to the end of this address. try castawayclub-dotcom.

scott.campbell
07-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Thanks for that info, I had been browsing a few sites - but not that one.

jlawall
07-12-2004, 07:11 AM
anyone else doing the jeep tour in Cozumel?

fcrouch
07-12-2004, 08:52 AM
Scott - from what I can tell, the packages are each for 7 bottles of wine - (the regular package or the premium package) - so whether that is sufficient for all your wine needs is up to you (and I think it is only good at dinner - I doubt you can just get a bottle of wine anytime? but that I don't know - I am assuming it would be in essence a "bottle per night" for dinner.)

someone on this board has done an extensive spread sheet about comparing the costs of bringing on your own botttles of wine of the same type and paying the corkage fee - but coming from overseas you'd probably not want to carry that much wine with you.

We will probably do a package - and probably get two bottles the first night - a red and a white - then the waiter is supposed to put them away with your name on it so you can have them the next night - that way I can order beef and my wife order chicken or whatever - and we're covered (plus I generally like red better than whites and she vice versa) - then the next night the waiter can bring them out of storage. So we'd not be buying wine the second night but drinking the leftovers as it were. Or we would take them back to the room for cocktail hour the next day. or for a night cap - there is no rule about wandering the ship, wine glass in hand.

We will probably bring a couple of "really" good bottles and pay the corkage fee as well. (The dining rooms won't "store" wine you bring yourselves - but I'm assuming it will fit in the room "cooler") I've been trying to find an updaed list of the wines in the packages but the latest I could find was november of 2003 (look in the castaway cay website - which also has recent navigators from June 2004 - inlcuding the kids navigators). The premium package had some good wines in it - and generally speaking about the same [100%] markup from liquor store retail as in most restaurants in the Midwest (perhaps a little higher than I would expect but my liquor store has very good prices on wine)

I think the packages are a pretty good deals so long as you'd have wine every night which we will [one thing I don't know is whether or not those wines are available in Palo - as I'd also read that Palo had an Italian wine list - but my guess is that if you've bought a package they can get you a bottle off that package if you are dining in Palo].

Apparently people offer to sell you the package as you get on the ship, so I figure I can see then what the list is like - and if I like it buy it at dinner (I've also read that the person who sells it gets a "commission" so it might be a spot of goodwill with the dining room server to buy from him/her the first night) if I decide not to get it - I can always hunt down a liquor store in key west the next day and buy some wine, etc. to bring on. -which might be a good option for you given the length of your trip to get to Orlando - I doubt the prices in Key West are bargains but I am sure there is a good wine store or two within walking distance of the ship.

5by5
07-12-2004, 04:34 PM
jlawall, we're doing the Dune Buggy tour. Maybe we'll pass each other! :hyper:

5by5

jlawall
07-13-2004, 04:11 PM
5by5 - how many are in your party? We have 5 so we need to go to 2 jeeps and I was hoping to find another family to complete the group or something.

Also, - wine package, last summer we were able to get one of our bottles in Palo.

5by5
07-13-2004, 06:01 PM
jlawell, we're on the Dune Buggy Tour, not the Jeep Tour. The Dune Buggy Tour is a non-Disney excursion. I'm sure we'll all be heading off around the same time though!

5by5

jlawall
07-13-2004, 10:12 PM
ok thx!

scott.campbell
07-14-2004, 07:47 AM
:cheer2: flight tickets, and carhire tickets arrived today, airport hotel confirmation in Londona also arrived. Getting excited now.

We are using Dollar this year for our car hire.

See You All Soon

jlawall
07-14-2004, 08:02 AM
We just signed up for the jet ski tour in Key West! Anyone else doing this excursion???

appink
07-15-2004, 07:42 AM
Hi Guys,

Need a little pixie dust to go my mothers way today. She only has a few more days to live. She has been ill for a long time and her heart is giving out. She quit kidney dialysis this week and the Drs. tell us now it is just a matter of days. She needs all of our prayers to help her get through this last part as comfortably as possible.

Thanks.

Patti

5by5
07-15-2004, 08:14 AM
Patti,

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. My mother passed away under similar circumstances 7 years ago. I know how difficult this time can be but it does get better.

You and your family will be in our prayers.

5by5

fcrouch
07-15-2004, 08:50 AM
Our family's prayers will be with you and your mother. My wife's mom died on June 20 - so she is having a hard summer, too. Nothing will erase completely the sadness but it will be lessened over time.

scott.campbell
07-15-2004, 03:47 PM
Patti,

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother, my family's prayers are with you.

michpoit
07-15-2004, 06:26 PM
Patti,

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers during this hard time.

jlawall
07-15-2004, 10:01 PM
Our prayers are with you during this difficult time!

jlawall
07-16-2004, 04:40 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone that THE NEXT TIME THE MAGIC SAILS TO THE WESTERN CARIBBEAN, WE WILL BE ON IT!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :jester: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

tdsryan
07-16-2004, 04:48 PM
You can just taste it, can't ya? ;)

DisneyBill
07-16-2004, 07:44 PM
Did anyone get an upgrade on this cruise? Also, just read that the Magic will celebrate her 6th birthday on 7-30, just a day before our departure.

5by5
07-16-2004, 07:51 PM
No upgrade here. Lots of anticipation building though!

5by5

scott.campbell
07-16-2004, 08:07 PM
No upgrades, that would be great if it happened.

But it's getting so close now.

I love reading, so I'm gonna be doing some book shopping soon for the flight and the ship - DS patience permitting - if he let's me read.

RayGu
07-17-2004, 09:51 AM
For those of you racked with anticipation, you can go to the port canaveral web page (saturday until 5:00 pm) and click on the live webcam. accross the port is either Magic or Wonder and a Carnival ship. 14 days and we'll be there.
portcanaveral-dot-org

gou752
07-17-2004, 10:54 AM
It's a little late now but there's a great book-- Passporter Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line. For those of you who haven't read it-- it's great! It gives you a ton of information and will help with the waiting, or make it worse 'cuz you know exactly what you're waiting for.

Anyone else know good Disney Cruise info books?

jlawall
07-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Remember.....DIS meet at the Goofy Pool at 3pm.......

tdsryan
07-18-2004, 06:11 PM
Is there going to be a group color to identify everybody at the meet?

Do we all know what dining seating we are in?

scott.campbell
07-18-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm pretty sure we are on early sitting for meals.

RayGu
07-19-2004, 10:34 AM
I know we're on the early seating but I guess we won't know which rotation we're on until we get on board. Maybe the Disney cruise veterans can shed some light on how this works.

Hope to see everybody at the Dis-meet at Goofy pool 3:00.

Mingaming
07-19-2004, 05:00 PM
Hi!

I'm new to DIS and new to cruising also! There will be 4 of us on this cruise, including our two daughters, ages 18 and 15. Anyone have any good tips for some first timers?

jlawall
07-19-2004, 05:44 PM
We're on late seating.

Tips....read the DCL Forum regularly for excellent tips for the cruise. Come to our DISboard meet at the Goofy pool to meet some familiar faces on the cruise.

Welcome!

DisneyBill
07-19-2004, 06:09 PM
Mingaming,
Welcome, glad to read about another DIS'er that will be on the cruise. There is a ton of good info on the static threads that remain on the top of the cruise discussion board. Where is your family from? We've got a DS 17, DD 11 + someother children traveling in our group.
Bill

minimahaki
07-20-2004, 05:50 AM
We are booked to go however DH had surgery and we are still not sure we are going. We do have to make a decision by this weekend because I HAVE GOT NOTHING READY TO GO!!!!
My Daugter and son in law will be going and I WANT TO GO TOO however, I can never let my husband know just how much I want to go. I told him that the decision is all his I want him to go and be comfortable.

We did sail in January on the Magic same cruise the Western and I sailed with a torn tendon and got sick on board and was confined to my cabin from Wednesday. I think that the Western cruise is a jinx for me!!!!

Lauretta

appink
07-20-2004, 08:25 AM
late seating.

Welcome to both of you new to the group.

We are still up in the air.

Hope to see you all a week from Saturday.

Patti

jlawall
07-20-2004, 09:24 PM
WE'VE MADE IT TO THE SINGLE DIGITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gou752
07-20-2004, 11:16 PM
you took my line!!!
SINGLE DIGITS!!!

RayGu
07-22-2004, 03:58 PM
Good news:

Saturday's weather (our departure day from Port Canaveral) has been upgraded from Scattered T-Storms to Partly Cloudy. The 10-day forecast is predicting a daytime high of 90F.

Also for those with an aversion to flying into T-storms, Friday is now listed as only partly cloudy (upgraded from scattered t-storms)

About a week and we'll all be onboard.:thewave: :thewave:

jlawall
07-22-2004, 05:31 PM
Thx for the info!

gou752
07-22-2004, 10:14 PM
I can't wait! I am bouncing :Pinkbounc off the walls!

jlawall
07-23-2004, 10:31 AM
Two weeks from today, WE'LL BE ON CASTAWAY CAY!!

tdsryan
07-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Well, not exactly. One week from today, I will be at a hotel at Newark Airport, waiting to take off the next day. TWO weeks from today, we will be at CC. :D

RayGu
07-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought for a moment I made all the wrong reservations and missed the boat.:confused: A week from now I'll be sitting on an airplane somewhere over the US.

I think jlawall was going for the rhyme of "today" and "Castaway Cay":jester:

jlawall
07-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Hey! I erred! Ok, in one week we'll be in MGM and in two weeks we'll be in CC!!

Time to start packing....anyone start yet?

scott.campbell
07-23-2004, 04:34 PM
Yeah, we are well into our packing. We start our journey on Thursday.

See You All Soon.

michpoit
07-23-2004, 09:14 PM
We are leaving bright and early Tuesday morning for 4 days in Orlando before the cruise. I know we are all meeting at 3pm at the Goofy Pool on Saturday, but have we decided on anyway to identify each other, such as the traditional lime green ribbon? Any other suggestions?

scott.campbell
07-24-2004, 04:09 AM
I can't remember too much about the layout at the goofy pool, but is there maybe a feature we could meet at, or at either side.

I guess I could find a ribbon, and talk my DW into wearing it.

jlawall
07-24-2004, 11:41 AM
How about if we just go to the Goofy pool at 3pm and go up to people and say, "Are you here for the DISmeet?"

tdsryan
07-24-2004, 05:56 PM
I am sure you have all seen that the Magic has left the port. The next time it arrives, we will be the ones getting on it!

RayGu
07-24-2004, 09:53 PM
Officially time to pack!!!
The house is now clean and I can bring the suitcases into the house to pack. If packing goes as usual, I will be packing all of my worldly possesions (including the kitchen sink) into too many suitcases for 7-days at sea. This should make the baggage porters at the airport very happy.:mad:

I will be the one at the Goofy pool carying the double-basin kitchen sink - faucet attached.:cool1:

jlawall
07-24-2004, 10:18 PM
I am determined to bring less this time!!!!!

scott.campbell
07-25-2004, 04:50 AM
Every year we go on holiday we try and take less - never seems to work out though.

But we will try, try again.

So 3pm at the Goofy Pool, no ribbons, no pre-arranged meeting spot, just good old intuition. I'm sure that will work. Maybe!

gou752
07-25-2004, 10:22 AM
NEXT WEEK THIS TIME WE'LL BE ON A BOAT!!! :boat:

Innerpc
07-25-2004, 10:36 AM
Whooohoooo!!!! I started packing yesterday.... I have been purchasing all the "necessities" for about 6 months now.... I can't believe how much I have!!! Yesterday I was going through everything and packing it (might I add all these necessities ie duct tape, door shoe holders, baggies, night lights, bathroom air freshners, power strips... should I go on? have their own suitcase!) my husband came into the room and just cracked up! He said, "I can't believe you are taking all of that!" I reminded him when he needed something he would be very glad that I had all of these "necessities".

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the Goofy Pool at 3pm. Does anyone know what movies will be playing?

Mandy:p

Mingaming
07-25-2004, 01:56 PM
My DH thinks we are a bunch of nuts for spending all this time posting and reading messages with each other. But not Me!
I have learned so much from you that have been on these cruises before. Thanks Alot Gang! Look forward to meeting you all at the Goofy Pool NEXT SATURDAY!!!!!

Mingaming
07-25-2004, 02:01 PM
Oh yeah, one more thing... What's the duct tape for? I have suitcase full of various strff too. Just wondered if I needed to add that to my stash.

Ming

gene2geno
07-25-2004, 02:51 PM
Dear ming,

I am another husband! This one is gene2geno's husband. I am only writing this because my lovely wife is sleeping, otherwise she would kill me. You guys are disneynuts (in a kind way), my wife included. Tell your husbands hang in there. 3 pm on Saturday is almost over. I can't wait to see all you nuts on the cruise in 6 days and then say goodbye in 13 days when you are going home and we stay on for a second week. By the way this is all in jest (I am kidding about you are all nuts, not us staying a second week). Have a great week and see you in 6 days!!! Just another husband of a disneynut!!:earsboy: ::MickeyMo

Mingaming
07-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Dear Gene2geno,

Are yall doing back to back cruises, or staying on at the parks?
I saw some posts where they had done back to backs. I hope we like it that much. We are Disney nuts, for sure! Lost count of our visits years ago, But we have never cruised before-and I mean ANY cruise. Someone told me that I am ruining myself for any other cruise line.:D

gene2geno
07-25-2004, 03:15 PM
We did back to back cruises last year and my wife and son loved it. Being the incredible husband and father I am, they talked me into it again this year. Actually I am hen pecked and I had no say so. We have the choice of getting off the cruiseafter the 1st cruise is over and staying off until the new cruisers come on or staying on the ship until the new cruisers come aboard. We stay on while our lovely son sleeps until about noon, since he stays out until about 4 am the prior evening and we do a couple loads of laundery. One more thing we do is look through the 2 biggest suites on the ship. This was cool. I believe they are names Roy and Walt's suites. Pretty darn cool!!!

Mingaming
07-25-2004, 03:23 PM
Is there a great savings if you are Castaway club members? And also what is the savings if you book your next cruise while you are on this one?

RayGu
07-25-2004, 04:27 PM
Wow I go to the beach for the morning and come back and find a ton of conversation on this board. This is great!

I'm getting really excited with 6 days to go. But I have to admit, there is only one other thing that I would rather be doing "as much" as a disney cruise. That would be hanging out around France watching Lance race through the country like a wildfire. :moped: I'm not just a Disney-nut, I'm a cycling fan. Rumor has it, after winning his sixth tour today he was asked what's next, he said, "I'm going on a Disney Cruise"!!! ya, I wish.

By the way, what do you use duct tape for? any creative responses? lets have fun with this one...

Possibilities include:
Fixing a leak in the boat
Babysitting aids
taping your plate down in case of rough seas:laughing:
any others?

gou752
07-25-2004, 08:15 PM
well you could use it to catch a duck

or you could use it to tie up pesky cabinmates

and don't feel bad, innerpc, we're packing just about everything too, even a twenty pack of batteries

jlawall
07-25-2004, 09:12 PM
I think the duct tape is for taping your suitcase shut if the zipper breaks??? Talk about being prepared!

Ok, while everyone else is packing...DD17 and I are visiting colleges across Pennsylvania. We'll get home on Tuesday! I am having anxiety attacks about forgetting to pack things!

Keep sending those reminders...

My reminders...

Flashlight
Highlighter for Navigators
Umbrella (Nah!)
Dollars for tipping room service
Sunscreen, books, sunglasses, bug spray
Bathing suits

Safe travels to all who are leaving early...

When's everyone leaving......

We're going 6am Friday morning.

Geno...who's your wife? (signature) and my DDs are looking forward to seeing your DS.:wave:

tdsryan
07-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Plane takes off Saturday morning at 7:30 AM. It's going to be a long day for us.

tdsryan
07-25-2004, 10:02 PM
Plane takes off Saturday morning at 7:30 AM. It's going to be a long day for us.

Innerpc
07-25-2004, 10:28 PM
Okay, don't laugh... but I don't remember what the duct tape is for!!!!! I just remember on one of the posts they said we'd need it.... I'm thinking I'll tape my 13 y/o DD to her room if she gives me a bad time about her curfew!

We leave on Wednesday - spending 3 nights in Orlando - we figured since we were traveling all the way across the country, we might as well see the attactions.

By the way, I've heard alot of talk about SHARKS at Castaway Cay. One guy even posted a picture of one that he saw about 100 yards out off of the adult beach.... any thoughts, comments re: sharks????

Mandy

RayGu
07-25-2004, 10:58 PM
We're leaving from SFO bright and early Friday morning. And we don't arrive in Orlando until 8:00pm that night with a 1-hour layover in Chicago. That's also gonna be a long day.

A couple of "schools" of thoughts on sharks.

First off, I'm surprised that the possibility can exist in the safe confines of Disney operated property. But, you must remember that we are visitors in the ocean. The sharks were there first.

Next hopefully they are not the large aggressive kind like a great white. I'm planning on swimming with the Ray's but I don't need the challenge of swimming with hungry sharks. I'd rather run with the Bulls.

Finally, to borrow a line from Nemo,...
"I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine.
If I am to change this image, I must first change myself.
Fish are friends not food, except for stinking dolphins...."

scott.campbell
07-26-2004, 05:03 AM
Hi Everyone,

We leave on Thursday, flying down to London and staying overnight at Gatwick Airport.

We then fly to Orlando on Friday, staying overnight at the Radisson at the Port, then joining everyone on the ship.

Thought's on sharks - I'll be keeping an eye out for them and staying well clear. Hopefully none will be near stingray city.

RayGu
07-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Hey Scott,
We're also at the Radisson. We'll be the noisy family arriving at about 9:30pm. We'll try to keep the noise down so you can get some sleep.

michpoit
07-26-2004, 05:59 PM
We leave in the morning for 4 days in Orlando. We are going to BB, TL, Sea World and Universal. Can't wait to meet you all on Saturday. Hope you all have a safe trip in!

appink
07-26-2004, 06:34 PM
Oh my gosh, I've been gone for a week and there is so much new stuff out here. We had mom's funeral on Friday.

Now it is time to get back into things here. I was having board withdrawal symtems.

I have to start packing tonight. I am trying to remember what I took two years ago and what I used and did not.

See you all soon at the goofy pool.

Patti

scott.campbell
07-26-2004, 06:47 PM
Raygu, thats ok we will be the noisy ones at the pool.

I don't think we will be there much before you.

Patti, Sorry to hear about your mom.

Our packing is almost complete, we are just trying to settle on what to wear to travel.

And I'm secretly going through the cases to remove stuff I don't think we need. sssssshh don't tell DW. ;)

jlawall
07-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Sorry Patti to hear of your news.....

Safe travels to all! See you soon!

RayGu
07-26-2004, 09:19 PM
Patti, welcome back and we're really sorry to hear the news about your mom.

Safe travels to all

jlawall
07-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Ok, we're back from college hunting and the packing has begun, it's storming here in PA, I hope the weather is better where we are going!!!

scott.campbell
07-27-2004, 11:59 PM
OK everyone we are just about signing off from here, may be able to check back another once today. Then we are on our way to our vacation.

See You All Soon.

5by5
07-28-2004, 08:04 AM
Have a safe trip everyone! See you at the Goofy Pool! :wave2:

Scott, you may be travelling the farthest to get to the Port! :D

5by5

jlawall
07-28-2004, 09:11 PM
The packing continues..............::yes::

jlawall
07-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Anyone still here?? Packin' is finished.....15 hours to go!!

RayGu
07-29-2004, 03:59 PM
We're still here. Flight leaves at 9:00 in the morning. I have less than 3-hours till I leave the office and offically begin my long overdue vacation.

See ya

tdsryan
07-29-2004, 04:04 PM
I'm still here. It's my first day off of work. Just trying to get all the bills paid before I go. Tonight comes the packing and runs to the store for incidentals.

appink
07-29-2004, 06:39 PM
Still here. Have to run out and do a few errands.

Our flight is tomorrow at 11:35am. Can't wait.

Safe travel to everyone.

See you all on Saturday.

Patti

jlawall
08-07-2004, 05:17 PM
We're back! What a great week! Time to share the trip reports...I hope everyone had a safe journey home!

RayGu
08-08-2004, 10:15 PM
We had a great week on board the Magic. It was great sailing with such a competent crew and organization whose only job was to make us comfortable.
I loved pulling into port next to the "Other" ship and seeing the look of envy on their face.
It was also really good to meet the faces behind the names from the Disboard members.

Just think, some of the folks actually stayed on for the week in the eastern Caribbean - (Gene2Geno) lucky people.

As for us we are hanging out in the rain at DisneyWorld this week. I never thought a poncho would be so handy.

By for now.

appink
08-09-2004, 09:50 AM
Hi Guys,

What a great week. It was so nice meeting everyone.

Patti

5by5
08-09-2004, 10:11 AM
I'm back at work. :mad: Very depressing to have cook and serve ourselves yesterday. I need Sylvester to work as my personal server at home!! :hyper:

It was great to see everyone and I wish we could have spent more time together, Unfortunately, we spent a lot time keeping track of our kids!

We're thinking about going Thanksgiving week of '05. I wish we could go sooner. :bounce:

5by5

jlawall
08-10-2004, 08:45 PM
It was so great this summer! Nice to meet everyone!

RayGu
08-13-2004, 10:37 PM
It's Gou752--- I'm just too lazy to log in as me---

Right now in Florida the people who are on the E. Caribbean cruise and who are about to go on the W. Caribbean cruise are having a miserable time with Hurricane Charley--- it's going straight through Key West.

We are so so so lucky to have gone the week we did!:D

jlawall
08-14-2004, 02:25 PM
I agree! That was close!!

scott.campbell
08-17-2004, 07:14 AM
Well we had a wonderful time onboard and it was great to put some faces to the names here on the board. Our second week at Disney Boardwalk was also so good, except for that hurricane on our second last day.

We maybe don't have as warm weather back here in Scotland but we also don't have such extreme weather.

OK, time to start planning our next trip.

So what was everyones favorite part of the cruise?

Our fav stop was the Caymans, Stingray city was excellennt.
Our fav show was Disney Dreams.

appink
08-18-2004, 11:46 AM
Hey Scott,

I picked up our pictures today and got great ones from Grand Cayman. Some had your family and some had Joann's family. Nice to have memories of meeting so many nice people.

We got our video on Friday also. That was a surprise. I did not expect it for another couple of weeks. It was great.

Our favorite part was Grand Cayman and the sting rays.

Patti

jlawall
08-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Here are the highlights of our trip.....

http://community.webshots.com/album/175675296WSnTcM?283

This year, I really loved jet skiing around Key West; shopping for silver in Cozumel and the Stingray City experience.

jlawall
08-21-2004, 02:09 PM
bump

DisneyBill
08-24-2004, 05:59 PM
DW & I were just talking about this cruise at dinner. She had spoken to one of the families that went with us and they are still carrying on about how much fun this cruise was. This particular family went to Hawaii & Australia last year, and cannot get over how much better this trip was. And guess what? They want to cruise DCL again! Heard/lived that one before.

jlawall
08-24-2004, 06:12 PM
Tell them to join us on July 30th, next summer!