PDA

View Full Version : Are we having an Essex DIS meet this year then?

WebmasterPenny
08-13-2003, 08:26 AM
I haven't seen it mentioned...and last year we had it the weekend after August Bank Holiday... so if we had it the same time that's just 2 1/2 weeks away :o

Is anyone interested in doing this? Or is that too short notice? We could have it Saturday August 30th at our usual Essex pub.

What do you all think??? Anyone fancy a drinkie and maybe lunch? :)

UKDEB
08-13-2003, 09:10 AM
We're up for it :teeth:

signtalker
08-13-2003, 10:06 AM
We'd be up for it,its the closest i think a dis meet is going to get to us(about two and a half hours drive), and DH is an Essex boy so im sure he would appreciate a visit back home.

Jules

kazzie
08-13-2003, 01:27 PM
I'd do my best to make it:D Hopefully I'd be able to:Pinkbounc

BONZO
08-13-2003, 03:34 PM
Oh Pooh! :(

We'll be seeing the mouse then - or at least on one our last days otherwise we'd there in a flash.

Hope that the pub hasn't burnt down this time ;)

chunkster20uk
08-14-2003, 09:50 AM
Sounds good to me!!

UKANGEL
08-14-2003, 11:31 AM
.......me too!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

KayleeUK
08-14-2003, 02:42 PM
I won't be able to make it :( Maybe the London meet in December :)

WebmasterPenny
08-15-2003, 11:15 AM
Cool! Well, shall we definitely say the 30th then? Or would you prefer the week after so that Alison and Shaun can come?

Sorry you can't make it either Kaylee :(

Astrid
08-15-2003, 01:19 PM
And obviously count me in!! 30th suits me great as I'm in Essex on the razz that weekend anyway!! :)

Hope you can make it Jules - be good to see you again. Shame you can't make it Kaylee :(

Oh Shaun, well, suppose it's a reasonable excuse!! Will miss seeing the latest from your larey shirt collection though!! ;)

Be great to see you all!

Astrid x :wave:

Sue & Co.
08-16-2003, 03:34 PM
DH informs me that Essex is within reach of Herts. So which part of Essex do you meet and are children allowed at the pub?

Sue

AlisonB
08-16-2003, 05:37 PM
Assuming it's the same pub, then yes kids are welcome - we usually take ours!

Thanks for the thought about moving the date into September for us - we'd have loved to have come along, but don't worry if no-one else can make the alternative weekend...we'll just cry quietly!! ;)

Fantasia Sam
08-17-2003, 06:44 AM
I woke up thinking about this this morning - I know how sad ;)

So was so glad to see you posted for this - Ofcourse we shall be there you couldn't keep me away.

I would say I'd drive so that you can see my new driving skills but I wouldn't want to forego my drinking at this event so I'll leave the driving to Paul.

Get 'em in Penny :teeth:

WebmasterPenny
08-18-2003, 07:35 AM
Ok, for those who haven't been here before or don't remember, these are the details of where the meet is.

It's at a pub called the The Kings Head (http://www.pubfoodguide.co.uk/pubs/nweald-kings-head.htm) - in North Weald (Not the Queens Head, which as Shaun has previously mentioned had burnt to the ground last year). There is one main through road...if you are coming in from the North(ish) it's on the left, and if you come in from the South it's, ummm, on the right ;) You can't miss it, it's a sort of tudor style front (white with beams) if I recall correctly.

There's a really nice beer garden out back which is where we'll meet if it's sunny and warm. If it's grey and grim then when you go through the main front door of the pub there is a cosy room to the right labeled 'Duck or Grouse' - we can hook up in there instead :)

So...Kings Head, Saturday 30th August...say 12 Noon onwards?

UKDEB
08-18-2003, 08:04 AM
We'll be there. Looking forward to seeing everyone. :)

Fantasia Sam
08-18-2003, 11:52 AM
Penny this sounds ab-fab - is Simon coming do you want a lift so that you can drink ? Paul's taxi service is available and will gladly pick you up on route ;) :teeth:

Sue & Co.
08-19-2003, 03:35 AM
Sorry, my atlas doesn't have a North Wield - but there is a North Weald with a picture of a helicopter just the other side of Cheshunt - is that it?

BONZO
08-19-2003, 04:34 AM
Sue,

That's it North Weald Bassett near an areodrome - I think it's an ex-RAF base used in WWII.

WebmasterPenny
08-19-2003, 08:05 AM
Doh! Sorry - I spelt it wrong :rolleyes:

Yes, North Weald - if you click on the link to the pub I posted before there is a link to a mini map too. It's just off the M11.

WebmasterPenny
08-24-2003, 01:23 PM
Just bumping incase anyone else is interested as this is next Saturday :)

DisneyDes
08-25-2003, 05:20 AM
We're hoping to pop along next Saturday as long as we can arrange for someone to look after our DS (he's going to a party that afternoon:rolleyes: )

Des & Julie (Sleepy Dragon)

Fantasia Sam
08-25-2003, 09:45 AM
That'd be great Des, hope to see you both then :)

UKANGEL
08-25-2003, 01:16 PM
back from sunny (well, some days anyway) Devon...we'll be there!:):)

squitty
08-26-2003, 03:57 AM
mmmmmmm......If I can talk DH into it we would love to come along.

Fantasia Sam
08-26-2003, 06:02 AM
Seriously Michelle ?!?!?

That'd be great to meet you at last :teeth:

squitty
08-26-2003, 06:10 AM
Seriously Sam,

I am just trying to talk DH into it;)

It would be absolutely fantastic :) Fingers crossed
:bounce:

signtalker
08-26-2003, 12:48 PM
Were Coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

DH has said he will kindly drive me!!!

Okay so who else is bringing children(astrid is bryn coming josh wants to know??)

How do We reconize everybody?, I know astrid, and mark and mandy, but not met anybody else, so dont want to look like a lemon!!!

Whats the plan for the day is it an all afternoon thing, and trailing off late afternoon, or are some people eating?????,and staying on till early evening

Jules

signtalker
08-26-2003, 12:52 PM
DH wants to know what men are going???, not that he minds being surrounded by women!!!:)

Jules

Astrid
08-26-2003, 01:38 PM
Be great to see you all again Jules but Bryn is going to be well hacked off as he is off sunning it in France with Carys and his Dad at the mo so won't get to see Josh again, think I might have to keep this quiet till after Saturday else he might decide to catch an earlier ferry! ;)

Will keep an eye out for you but sure you won't miss us all! :) Most people generally have some lunch there and then it's a case of sitting around chatting, drinking, chatting, drinking etc etc etc, and staying as long as they want, think I left around 5ish last year and don't recall I was the last!! Think that honour was down to Penny & Simon!! :)

Hope you can make it Me & Ne!

See you all on Saturday!

Astrid :wave:

signtalker
08-26-2003, 01:56 PM
Is anybody bringing children???

Jules

Claire L
08-26-2003, 02:22 PM
Unfortunately I can't make it for two reasons first is, DH has already got a local meet for Scoobs booked and secondly I am not able to travel too far in the car, let alone drive a car at the moment due to a shoulder injury :(
Hopfully we can make a meet later in the year perhaps London ? :D
Claire ;)

Fantasia Sam
08-26-2003, 07:02 PM
See you there then Jules, sorry we don't have kids :)

Keeping everything crossed for you Michelle :teeth:

UKANGEL
08-27-2003, 02:46 AM
It'll be great to see you again Jules:) Tell Simon there'll be plenty of men folk around too:) Not sure about kids though....

Mich, do try and come it would be so good to see you again:)

Claire, maybe we could have a London meet too later in the year:)

signtalker
08-27-2003, 04:07 AM
angel who's simon?!!!!:p

Jules

WebmasterPenny
08-27-2003, 07:07 AM
Oh yeah! I think a London meet later on in the year would be a great idea too :) I mean, it would naturally require a good deal of pub research for that...but for the good of the people here I will reluctantly volunteer to make that sacrifice in the name of the DIS ;)

This is so cool - I'm getting to meet loads of people I've known for ages! :)

As I said before, if it's warm we'll be in the beer garden out back, if it's cold or wet, we'll be in the Duck or Grouse room - I'll try and dig out some Lime Green or something to help, but if I'm there you'll probably be able to identify me from the volume level alone, hehehe!

It's a casual day - we usually grab some lunch at the pub and stay drinking and chatting as long as we feel like it :) Ummm, not sure if I was the last one out last year...but I wouldn't be surprised if I was, LOL.

I'll be bringing my other half Simon (well, as I'm making him drive - technically speaking he's bringing me ;) ) - but no children.

UKANGEL
08-27-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by signtalker
angel who's simon?!!!!:p

Jules

oops!!!!!! sorry Jules:rolleyes:

I'm very confoooosed as the moment!:confused: ;)

FiFi
08-27-2003, 05:05 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year - going up to my Dad's this weekend.

If the meet is anything like the previous ones there it should be a blast. Let's hope the wasps aren't there though!

Hope you all have a great time.

I'll let Penny drink my quota ;)

Fi

WebmasterPenny
08-27-2003, 05:06 PM
Awwww, sorry you can't make it Fi :(

Thanks for the quota though - I promise not to waste it ;)

Fantasia Sam
08-28-2003, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by WebmasterPenny
Thanks for the quota though - I promise not to waste it ;)

Ain't that the truth ;) :p ;)

Astrid
08-28-2003, 06:08 PM
I'm on my way in the morning to sunny old Essex so see you all on Saturday!! :)

Apart from Sam who I'm seeing just a bit earlier ;)

Sorry you can't make it this year Fi :(

Astrid :wave:

Sue & Co.
08-29-2003, 04:30 AM
Unfortunately we're not going to be able to make it after all. DH has now got other commitments for tommorrow (he just doesn't give DIS the same priority as I do -sigh) and as I am out at work all day Sunday if I come without him we won't see anything of each other. It's a pity as I was looking forward to putting faces to names but I will look out for details of a London meet as that is just as easy for us to get to.

Sue

Fantasia Sam
08-29-2003, 06:32 AM
That's a shame Sue - hope to catch up with you perhaps at the London meet :)

squitty
08-29-2003, 07:47 AM
Its looking like we will be attending:bounce: Hopefully see you all there around 12.
Hope its easy to find;)

Looking forward to seeing you all

UKANGEL
08-29-2003, 12:36 PM
yay Michelle! great news:)

Kevin Stringer
08-29-2003, 01:34 PM
Unfortunately I have football tomorrow so we won't be there.

I'm sure you'll all have a great time.

Penny and Sam together again?
Hmm.... I'll look out for disturbances being reported on the national news.

Just a quick request - if there is a London meet, could it be on a Sunday? Just a bit easier for me during the football season.

Cheers

Kev

Fantasia Sam
08-29-2003, 02:22 PM
Hey Kev - I was gonna say we'll miss you but after that comment................. oh wait.................... hang on a minute................

I resemble that comment :jester:

WebmasterPenny
08-30-2003, 05:15 AM
Kevin! I don't know what you're talking about - we all know that it's Sam who's the troublemaking lush :p

Sorry you can't make it though - I promise we'll try to organise a London meet before Christmas and make it on a Sunday :)