PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon - Good For Young Toddlers?

becka
08-01-2003, 09:16 AM
DH and I were looking over our restaurant choices and one place that I have been wanting to try is Whispering Canyon for dinner.

I know that there is a lot going on here but I was wondering if it would be too much for a young toddler (22 months).

Any experiences?

Stimpy
08-01-2003, 09:52 AM
We took our son there when he was 23 months and he loved it! We have to go back every trip now. He loved doing the pony races, with my DH following behind. But, my DS loves alot of activity, your's may or maynot.

At the time, they had free meals for kids under 3 but I heard that was discontinued. I would imagine you could share a meal with your child for no additional cost.

DeeP
08-01-2003, 07:02 PM
WCC was not open when my kids were toddlers but if it had been they would have loved it! It is a very suitable place for young children, it is a lot of fun and has very child friendly food. This whole area WL/VWL/FW is an excellent place for families with children, after dinner you could go to the beach and watch the Electrical water parade, or go to FW and take a carriage ride, a pony ride, go to the petting zoo or to the campfire & movie complete with a visit from Chip & Dale. Enjoy!

CEDmom
08-02-2003, 11:41 AM
This is a great choice for a toddler. Not only is there a lot going on in the restaurant but it is right in the lobby which is a great diversion if he needs to let off some steam.

ripleysmom
08-02-2003, 08:58 PM
Can someone tell me what happens that makes this restaurant so fun?

Alice28
08-02-2003, 09:21 PM
We went with our 20 month old...he didn't participate in the pony races, but he liked all the action. I didn't order him any food and no one said anything that he picked off my plate (I had ordered the all you can eat skillet, as had 3 other adults in our party). He loved the corn!!!

This restaurant is so much fun because the servers are just wild and crazy. I'll share a few things that happened while we were there:

Pony races- all kids can go up and grab a wooden stick pony- then they race walk around the perimeter of the restaurant while everyone cheers them on and waves their napkins. When they are done they get a certificate and they raise their hands and "Promise" to eat all their vegetables, mind their parents, not nag for toys, and NOT, repeat NOT---go to SeaWorld! The servers ring the dinner bell when people's food is ready to go, sometimes they do the hokey-pokey. Someone was on their cell phone (how they could hear is beyond me) and their server stood by her and YELLED "EVERYONE_ MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE! THIS LADY IS ON HER CELL PHONE.....PLEASE BE QUIET!!!" And then of course everyone yelled and made lots of noise. And if you ask for ketchup or a certain color crayon---watch out...you will go a little more than you asked for. ;)