PDA

View Full Version : Jiko??? or any other suggestions?

lisareniff
08-01-2003, 09:06 AM
I was interested in any opinons on Jiko??? Or do you have other suggestions that would work for us ??

First of all I have not been to WDW since I was in high school (and that was quite a while ago now!!!) and do not have much of a reference. My DH and I will be traveling with our DD's 2 and 7. They are both quite calm but there are limits. Our other limitation is that DH is a vegetarian - no steakhouses for us! We also tend to shy away from buffets. We would rather less quanity and better food. Are the buffets at WDW equal to served meals??

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lisa

Hollymom1229
08-01-2003, 10:00 AM
Most definitely try Jiko, in my opinion it is one of top 3 restaurants on all Disney property. I'm not a buffet fan either but I did find Boma at AKL enjoyable also. Jiko is perfect for a true fine dining experience.

PrincessAurora
08-01-2003, 10:25 AM
Jiko is great! I know they have some vegetarian options but cant say I paid much attention to them since I like my meat mooing. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Stepman
08-01-2003, 10:47 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOO! Do not go to Jiko? I thought casey's corner was better than this place.

CarolA
08-01-2003, 03:55 PM
I have eaten at Jiko twice and both meals were excellent. (Personally I despise Casey's hotdogs however!) The place is very calm and I have had very nice waitstaff.

ducklite
08-01-2003, 04:00 PM
I've eaten there about a half dozen times and always had great food and service. It's my favorite WDW restaurant.

If you are worried about the meal being too long for the kids, let the server know right away that you'd like to keep the service moving. They are actually pretty good there, but we have had some leisurely meals there, in the two hour range. We also found that if you go early things move along fairly fast and there's nowait for a table. If you go later you might have a wait, and it definitely takes longer to get in and out.

They do have vegetarian entrees. You might also want to think about the California Grill which also has vegetarian entrees.

Anne

Ron from Michigan
08-01-2003, 07:57 PM
JIko is our favorite restaurant that we have eaten at so far. We have eaten here twice and loved our meals both times. Make sure you walk around outside with your daughters either before or after dinner to see the animals, they will love seeing them.

flyingchef
08-02-2003, 10:54 PM
Must try it.......also try BOMA too u must try Boma......also California Grill, Flyingfish,