PDA

View Full Version : How is Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch?

JodiR
07-30-2003, 04:58 PM
I made a PS today for August 13th lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. Was able to get any time I wanted...must not be too busy then. How is the food and service there?

Thanks
Jodi

honeymo78
07-30-2003, 05:09 PM
I eat there for lunch on the first day of my trip every time I go. I have always had great service. The food is good, nothing gourmet though. Have you checked out the menu at www.wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm I like the turkey or the pot roast. And since it is the liberty tree tavern I always get all american apple pie for dessert.

MelanieC
07-30-2003, 05:46 PM
We love LTT. We eat there 2 times each visit. It's pretty much the only restaurant that we frequent twice during a stay. I think it's one of the better lunches in MK. They also are the only place that I know of in WDW that serves sweetened ice tea, and their honey butter that comes with the bread is yummy too.

My favorite is the pork chop over sweet potatoes. It is out of this world. I don't normally order pork chops when I eat out.......but it is so heavenly. I can't wait till Sept to make my ressies for lunch there.

Enjoy your meal.

Melanie

swankybeth
07-30-2003, 07:22 PM
I really enjoyed my lunch at LTT this past December. The sweet butter they serve with the rolls is addictive! I had a salad with a strawberry viniagrette which was very tasty. For my entree I had the "Louisiana Purchase" which is shrimp, scallops, sausage and veggies mixed together with spicy Creole-style seasonings. My boyfriend had the salad with the garlic buttermilk dressing. It was good, but not as good as mine! :) For his entree he had the "Favorite of the Vermont Green Mountain Boys", which is a pork chop with bacon and sweet potato mash. It was very tasty, probably better than mine, actually.

Simba's Mom
07-30-2003, 07:35 PM
I almost forgot about the sweet butter. Last time, my only problem was that I'd ordered 2 appetizers, no main course, saving room for dessert (my weakness). Well, it was the only time I've been dissappointed by a dessert. Had some pumpkin thing I didn't like. But now I know for next time (and there will be a next time-lovely atmosphere, service, and that sweet butter)-order a main course, and eat dessert at the Main Street Bakery.

dahirsh
07-30-2003, 08:10 PM
I've had lunch there twice. I had the Benedict Arnold sandwich the first time and the pasta dish (cape cod pasta?) the second time. Loved the pasta, the sandwich was not on my list of favorite meals.

Deb

asta
07-30-2003, 10:50 PM
My family had lunch at LTT for the first time last week and we all enjoyed our meal. I had salmon served on a pumkin bread and thought it was very good. I would definitely eat there again.

Lesley
07-31-2003, 12:07 AM
We ate lunch at LTT twice and just tried dinner for the first time last Saturday. I must say, I like lunch better...though dinner is just a totally different experience.

My dh and I like the beef stew in the bread bowl....and I love the crab cake appetizer. For dessert...what else but Strawberry Shortcake! My kids love the macaroni and cheese. We've also always had wonderful service here. Our first visit, dh and I both ordered the stew....which was wonderful, but being that I was 5.5 months pregnant at the time I found it was too rich to eat more than a few bites. Though I reassured our server that I was the problem, not the food, he insisted on taking it off our bill. I was very impressed....they really do go out of their way to please you.

Also, when we checked in for our dinner on Sat. the hostess noticed that my dh was wearing a birthday badge. She said to hold on just a second and went back to our table and decorated it with streamers and confetti! As she seated us she asked me in a whisper if I wanted to purchase a cake that would be brought out with some fanfare after our meal...that it would be a surprise for dh...so I went ahead and ordered it ($10, not a bad deal really...the cake was quite tasty). Great service...really helped make my dh's birthday a little more fun!

dmonroe
07-31-2003, 07:16 AM
We love LTT! Last time I had the Bededict Arnold sandwich, dh had the Cape Cod Pasta and ds had the chicken strips. It was all good!:D

ducklite
07-31-2003, 07:40 AM
The lunch there is very good. I also think it's one of the most reasonable sit down lunches in all of WDW--the portions are enormous, and you can generally split an appetizer and entree between two adults and both still be full.

ANne!

ead79
07-31-2003, 08:33 AM
Lunch at LTT is one of my favorite meals at WDW. I think it's a bit of a hidden gem at lunch time since most of the crowds seem to go for the character dinner. At lunch, I find LTT to be a restful retreat from the hustle and bustle of the Magic Kingdom. I had an absolutely delicious salad with chicken breast on top (I believe it's called the Colony Salad) and an incredible chocolate bread pudding for dessert. I look forward to eating lunch there again!

PrincessAurora
07-31-2003, 12:39 PM
Not so good. WAY too salty and tasted too much like TV dinners.

Here is my review:
http://www.geocities.com/dre_sargent/ltt_mk.html

BCV23
07-31-2003, 01:58 PM
Very much enjoy lunch here...tons better than dinner for us.

The attention to detail in the decor is wonderful. Cool, relaxing respite from the park.

Love the salad and the cheese sticks. We've had good sandwiches and pasta too. My family loves that butter although I don't care for it myself...too sweet for me.

Service is fast and friendly.

JodiR
07-31-2003, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the replies. I forgot to ask...is this a restaurant where you are served or is it counter service?

Jodi

BCV23
07-31-2003, 02:19 PM
Full sevice.

Deb & Bill
08-05-2003, 08:35 PM
I had the pot roast last week and it was the best I have eaten, including better than Black Eyed Pea and their's is great. My husband got the turkey and loved it. The bread and honey butter was wonderful, we ate all of it before we got our food. And we got a 6" birthday cake for our son that was also very good. I'm going back for lunch in January.