PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me about Mickey's Backyard BBQ?

ripleysmom
07-30-2003, 11:31 AM
How much is it? How is the food? Is there any entertainment?

mmiller711
07-30-2003, 07:50 PM
The food is good standard picnic stuff. Corn on the cob, chicken, ribs, hotdogs, beans, etc... Drinks are included and they have wine, beer and soda along with lemonaid and water. There is entertainment! They have a show and teach everyone different line dances! The characters come out and give autographs and pics and they also return to dance with the group at the end. You didn't mention if you were going with children or not. My nieces and nephews got quite a kick out of seeing their aunt dance with Goofy! I liked it but my favorite is still Hoop-Dee-Doo. I think children would like BYBQ better. I can't remember the price but I know it was a little less than HDD when we went and that is appx. $50 per adult.

ripleysmom
07-30-2003, 10:33 PM
Thanks so much for the info!! I will have kids with me so this is good to know.

Deb & Bill
08-05-2003, 09:40 PM
We went last week. Food was pretty good.

If they would take the food from the BYBBQ and combine it with the entertainment of HDD, they would have a winner. The entertainment was good at the BBQ, but I really liked HDD (but hated their food).

Get a table close to the dance floor if you want to be part of the action. And if you are celebrating a birthday or annivesary, you can sign a list and they announce all the birthdays and anniversaries.

Part of the entertainment is a guy doing rope tricks that was pretty good. He gets two kids from the audience and shows them how to spin the rope.

JC Butterfly
08-07-2003, 05:37 PM
What if it is raining or overly cold, would the show still be enjoyable?

cfewell
08-07-2003, 07:11 PM
We went to the Hoop Dee Do and the BBQ last time we went to Disney, and by far the food and entertainment was better at the BBQ.

At the BBQ the kids can get up and dance and move around and the food was great, just as good as we fix at home, on a picnic.

With it being all-you-can-stuff (LOL) my husband was able to get his moneys worth LOL.

My son had a blast dancing and clapping.

We didnt care for the Hoop-Dee-Do.....sorry, I know a lot of people are throwing stones at me right now LOL.
For youngsters it is hard for them to sit still and they dont quit understand what is going on. (my son was 3). We really didnt care for the food either. The jokes and humor of the place was a little to corny for us, and we think of ourselves as pretty light hearted people.

To sum it up we will not be going back to the Hoop-Dee-Do but you beat your bottom dollar when we were making plans for this years trip Backyard BBQ was the first reservation I made, 2nd was the MNSSHP.

I hope no one makes a voodo doll of me and sticks pins in it because we didnt like the Hoop-Dee-Do, cause I know a lot of people out there REALLY like it, we gave it a try and we really wanted to like, it just was not to our taste.

arizonacolbys
08-08-2003, 10:12 AM
We were considering doing the BBQ also. Does anyone know if they offer it in January, or is it only during the busy season? For a party of 2 would we be sitting at a table with others?

Thanks!

ftwildernessguy
08-08-2003, 03:55 PM
Not sure about January. Last year they started extending the hours so we were able to go for the first time in November. I know they have times now in October and November, but I am not sure about any other months in the winter. The tables are long picnic tables, so yes, you would be sitting with others. You get to pick your spot, however.

To answer JC Butterfly - the BBQ is given under the pavilion at River Country, so it really doesn't matter if it rains or not. The night we went last November was pretty cool, so everyone wore jackets and jeans, but it was on anyway and we thought it was a real hoot. My kids are older (teens) but had a good time anyway. The littler kids had a GREAT time.

Funny how people liked the food better at the BBQ than HDD. It comes from the same kitchen, which also prepares the food for Trail's End.

;)