PDA

View Full Version : little nervous!!

Banshee
07-29-2003, 10:02 PM
I am reading threads about making reservations 180 days out, I am nervous because we have yet to make one reservation!! :rolleyes: We had planned on doing Chef Mickeys for BF and dinner, Hollywood and vine for fantasmic, The rainforest for lunch, Boma for Dinner, The ice cream social, 50s Primetime for lunch, artist point for dinner and Sci Fi for lunch. Am I insane for not making these reservations yet??:confused: I am waiting for my DSIL to make these reservations and I am a little nervous!!

nataliesdaddy
07-29-2003, 10:08 PM
yeah you really should make the reservations - there are somethings that you can walk into with a 10 to 30 minute wait - but othe rthings you really need to get the ps's for - talking to a cm when planning my trip they recommended getting thye ps for the ice cream social - chef mickeys kind of depends on when you go we had one PS - but went three times as we stayed at the contemporary - we never waited more then 15 minutes

disneysteve
07-30-2003, 08:03 AM
Well, you are going off-season, however, it is "Jersey Week" which does boost the crowds a bit. We'll be arriving on Nov. 2nd by the way.

We almost never make PS's in advance of our arrival. This is mainly because we don't want to have to plan our itinerary in advance. We might plan to go to EPCOT on Tuesday, for example. Then it ends up raining that day so we go to MK instead. That would screw up any dining reservations we've made.

We generally make our reservations the morning of or a day or two before once we get down there and figure out our schedule.

There are certain restaurants that do fill up fast and you might want to book ahead. Also, if you have a large group, book ahead.

On your list, the only places that probably need advance booking are Chef Mickey's and Ice Cream Social. All of the other places you should be able to book when you get there. If you want to do any on your arrival day or day after that, book ahead. Rainforest doesn't need advance PS at all, in my experience, especially for lunch.

Just my opinion, but its coming from someone who doesn't much believe in advanced booking. We go to WDW once or twice a year and have never gotten closed out of a place we wanted to eat.

Steve

Eeyore1954
07-30-2003, 09:44 AM
Just my 2 cents from experience: for the restaurants you mentioned, a PS is practically a must-have. You might get in as a walk-up, but you'd have a wait depending on how many are in your group. I've never gone to Chef Mickeys without a PS and the Ice Cream Social is absolutely necessary.

I've managed to get a PS the day of for 50's and Sci-Fi, but that was done immediately upon entering the park. And that was always during the low season.

I'd call your DSIL and make arrangements to call.

nrose101
07-30-2003, 11:55 AM
I really have never had a problem making reservations on while I am already in DW. Don't stress over it and I am sure if you will be fine.

Banshee
07-30-2003, 02:58 PM
Thank you all for the advice I spoke with my DSIL today and we are going to get on it!!:D

Muffy
07-31-2003, 03:06 AM
I am disappointed as I only had about 28 days to go until 120 days. Looks like I will have to wait quite a while longer if they institute the 90 day PS rule.

Selket
07-31-2003, 08:03 AM
I've been making some PS for a trip in mid-August (Chef Mickey's for breakfast, Boma's, H&V for the fantasmic package) and haven't run into a problem yet that wasn't able to be worked around with ease. (There are 4 of us btw, not a family reunion size group). I think it depends on how much flexibility you have in your schedule. We have small children so one time seems about as good as another (except going late at night, I have no seatings past 6:00).

Banshee
07-31-2003, 03:15 PM
Thanks! it will be 8 of us including children!:D