PDA

View Full Version : Cap'n Jacks - DTD

vellamint
07-29-2003, 08:32 PM
Anyone eat here - can you tell me about it....we are considering it for our last day before our 7:30 pm flight. Kids are 12, 11, 9 and 9.....can you get a PS? Atmosphere.....better seats to ask for and are they difficult to receive, etc, etc.

Thanks

danny1649
07-29-2003, 08:52 PM
Capt'n Jacks haved dined hear several times.Would not be crowded if you went for early dinner.Ask for window table the veiw is good.Food is good not great but good.We have had good service and overall had good dining experiences at Capt'n Jacks.:D :wave: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

skiwee1
07-29-2003, 09:19 PM
We have only dined here once and that was because the RFC was over an hour wait. We were surprised that Capt'n Jacks was empty when we went in. After eating there I can see why. Just my opnion but I thought the food was terrible. It reminded me of a fast food fish place like Arthur Treacher's. Remember those? Very basic and diner like. I had the seafood fetticine which I get everywhere I possibly can as I love the stuff. I couldn't finish half of it here. I just started to feel nauseated halfway through the meal. The smell, taste, and texture were not so good. My mother, can't remember what she had, didn't finish hers either. We were kicking ourselves for not eating at the Gourmet Pantry where we at least knew the sandwiches were good. I cannot recommend this place to anyone, even if you are desperate for food. Sorry.

Minniespal
07-30-2003, 04:28 AM
We ate there last summer, mainly due to the fact that we had eaten there the year before and had a really great meal. Well, the food wasn't that great, can't remember what we had but it didn't leave a great impression with us. Server was over friendly, sitting down with us at one point whilst we were still eating!!!

Don't really think we will be eating here again.

DisneyDiver
07-30-2003, 06:50 AM
The food's fairly average, there's often a long wait, and I wouldn't recommend it at all really!

disney queen
07-30-2003, 07:37 AM
we found cap'n jack's to be overpriced for the quality. will not go back there.:tongue:

vellamint
07-30-2003, 10:58 AM
I guess its back to the drawing board for our last day dining plans.

copper0426
07-30-2003, 08:25 PM
We have eaten there on our last day at Disney on several of our trips. Usually we do our shopping and have a late lunch there. I have never had a bad meal there. I enjoy looking out over the water and watching the rental boats go in and out as well as wathing the people across the water.

Everyone's tastes are different and really you would have to try it yourself. Like to me Rainforest is expensive and their food is not what I like. Also for us, there is a Rainforest not too far, so I don't even waste my time at Disney considering eating there. It will just never happen. I have been there and I just don't care to go again.

Well that is my two or three cents.

Hope to hear what you decide to do.

Have a great time. Looks like we will be there about the same time.

Diane

vellamint
07-30-2003, 10:13 PM
copper0426

I agree with you about AK - not so great food, not to my liking, and not very good service either.....and expensive to boot.

About Cap'n Jacks...I was ready to go elsewhere until I read your thread - can you tell me more about it....did you have children with you...is it hard to get a window seat.....any info would be appreciated...

It between Cap'n Jacks and the Italian place that I can't for the life of me remember the name of today!

Thanks.

N.Bailey
07-31-2003, 05:02 AM
Diane,
I'm so glad that you responded so positively about Cap'n Jacks because I too loved this restaurant. My husband did as well. Our server was great too! She was the only server that I've ever had at Disney that talked me into taking a dessert to go so that I could eat it back in the room later. On one hand, I'm so glad she did because it's the best cake I've ever eaten in my life (don't eat many sweets), then on the other hand, I think a lot about that cake and die for a piece and am unable to get it here! LOL I'd have probably been better off to have never tasted it!

Anyway, it was kind of busy when we were there, so they gave us pagers to walk around with outside and they paged us when a table opened up. We had our two children with us and I wouldn't hesitate to take them back. Everything was just great for us.

vellamint,
When we were there, like I said, it was busy, so we just took the next available table. Perhaps if you went at an off time, it wouldn't be so busy and you'd have a better chance at getting a window table.

DisFlan
07-31-2003, 01:10 PM
We had some so-so meals there a few years back and haven't had the urge to eat there again. We use the bar as a meeting spot for others in our group. It's a good spot for a quick drink and munchies after shopping - then have dinner later somewhere else.