PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving dinner...120 days tomorrrow!

wdwnut61
07-29-2003, 04:22 PM
Just a reminder that tomorrow will be 120 days from Thanksgiving for all those needing to book:D

Anyone else joining me tomorrow morning? Everyone please post tomorrow and let us know where you're having Thanksgiving dinner.

susy
07-29-2003, 04:25 PM
I just made my first PS of the trip this morning for WCC. The CM said she would be VERY busy tomorrow!

I am trying for Chef Mickey!!!

hedgehogcs
07-29-2003, 04:30 PM
I'm trying for lunch at Le Cellier!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!!!

Edited to say that I got exactly what I wanted!!!

Hope the rest of you are having GOOD LUCK!!

lwestwise
07-29-2003, 04:33 PM
I'll be joining you, as well. A wish good luck to all of us.

Disney1fan2002
07-29-2003, 04:34 PM
6:55AM I will be dialing the phone! I am going to try to get a late afternoon seating at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I was thrilled to find that it was on the Special Thanksgiving menu list!!

Woohoo, can't wait.

lwestwise
07-29-2003, 04:54 PM
I was thrilled to find that it was on the Special Thanksgiving menu list!!

Where is a current Thanksgiving Menu List? I can only find the 2002 list.
TIA

Disney1fan2002
07-29-2003, 05:02 PM
Where is a current Thanksgiving Menu List? I can only find the 2002 list.

When I had dining on the phone last week, I asked if they knew what restaurants were having a special menu, she had the list, and started to read it off, but to save time, I stopped her and just asked if Whispering Canyon was on it, she confirmed that it was. Maybe you can call tonight and find out what restaurants are offering the special menu, or at least see if the restaurant you have in mind is on the list, and then you will be all set to call 1st thing in the AM! GOOD LUCK!

BraveMom3
07-29-2003, 09:48 PM
Anyone know what the menu will be for Thanksgiving Dinner at WCC? I'm trying to decide where to make our ps. We'll be staying at WL for 5 nights, and was thinking of having T'giving Dinner (lunch), then heading out to one of the parks; or Plan B, head to a park and come back for early p.m. Thanksgiving Dinner. What goes on at MK that evening? Maybe could end the night over there, then catch the boat back for nighty-night!:)

Disney1fan2002
07-30-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by BraveMom3
Anyone know what the menu will be for Thanksgiving Dinner at WCC? I'm trying to decide where to make our ps. We'll be staying at WL for 5 nights, and was thinking of having T'giving Dinner (lunch), then heading out to one of the parks; or Plan B, head to a park and come back for early p.m. Thanksgiving Dinner. What goes on at MK that evening? Maybe could end the night over there, then catch the boat back for nighty-night!:)

I got the menu for WCC. The Thanksgiving dinner hours are from 12PM-10PM. It is an all-you-can-eat buffet. $23.99/adults $10.99/kids<10

You will have a choice of:

salad, turkey, glazed ham, roasted chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, gravy, cranberry sweet relish, cornbread, green bean casserole

Just an FYI, all PS for a special Thanksgiving meal is secured with a credit card.

Disney1fan2002
07-30-2003, 07:33 AM
We're in! I got a 4pm seating at WCC. The CM was funny, she had to inform me that there would be no DISNEY characters at our meal, but she did say there WERE characters. LOL. If you are unaware of WCC, the wait staff really interacts with the diners. My sister went their with her family, and her twins were 7 atthe time, and a handful, well, they were brought outside and tied to a totum pole, my sister could see them from where she was sitting. The kids thought it was great, my sister thought it was great because she had a few minutes of stress-free eating.

Good luck today everyone! When I called, the CM had been busy with CRT reservations, so I was a welcomed break....but she dd expect the phone lines to be busy today.

wdwnut61
07-30-2003, 09:44 AM
We got it!:teeth:

We are having Thanksgiving Dinner at LeCellier in Canada at 6:00 pm. When I called this morning I asked if it were necessary to have a PS for breakfast also. She said on a holiday it's a must. We are staying at the ALK, so I scheduled a PS for breakfast at Boma's Thanksgiving morning just to be safe:D

I know dinner is wonderful but this will be our first time trying breakfast. If it's half as good as dinner then I know we'll be pleased.

Goodluck to everyone today.

disneyfan551
07-30-2003, 03:31 PM
Can someone post the ressie number for me??? Thanks! :)

wdwnut61
07-30-2003, 04:05 PM
Here you go:

1-407-WDW-DINE or 1-407-939-3463:D

disneyfan551
07-30-2003, 04:08 PM
Thanks so much!! :)

susy
07-30-2003, 04:17 PM
Thanksgiving Diner at Chef Mickeys 6:30. We wil see you there.

Maridw
07-30-2003, 09:11 PM
I just tried to call for Thanksgiving PS at LTT and was told that I can only make them 60 days out. If the new PS policy goes into effect it might help me. I will actually be able to make them 90 days out, so I might end up with a better chance of getting the PS that I want.

I can only hope!

timC
07-30-2003, 09:32 PM
We're going for LLT this year. As DVC members I have no idea when I'm supposed to call... 90 days? 60 days? Who knows.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

But did I hear that we should also book our TG breakfast? Yikes! I forgot all about that. :(

Any cool TG breakfast ideas???

Disney1fan2002
07-31-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Maridw
I just tried to call for Thanksgiving PS at LTT and was told that I can only make them 60 days out. If the new PS policy goes into effect it might help me. I will actually be able to make them 90 days out, so I might end up with a better chance of getting the PS that I want.

I can only hope!

Well, from what I understand, as of Monday, anyone who has a WDTC package can call and now make reservations for any seating up to 180 outs. Which will put them ahead of you to get LTT for Thanksgiving because your 90th day for TG is not until the end of August.

Normally, I would not be upset by this policy, as I found out that only a certain percentage of tables at any given restaurant are released for PS, the rest is walk in. I want to say it is only 10%. I do know it is a small percentage. So when you call up and ask for PS and are told they are booked, it only means the tables resrved for PS are booked. You can still show up and wait. I never make PS for regular meals anymore once finding that out. And I have proven this to myself. I have showed up with my party of 5 to Chef Mickey's and usually have to wait 45- hour and hour. Butthat is OK, since they have to TV room for the kids. One time I showed up, and the person in front of me was checking in for a PS. We actually got seated within a few minutes..BEFORE the PS party.

BUT, with a big Holiday meal, I would never chance walking in, as there may be a 2 hour wait or 3 hour wait. So, I would make PS, and this new policy is grossly unfair ( if all the rumors are true, we won't know until Monday)