PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever watch illuminations from Rose & Crown Outdoor Patio?

devine5829
07-28-2003, 08:51 AM
My friend said this was a tip in one of her books. I booked a PS for 8:00. ANyone else ever do this? Where did you sit & what was the view?

K9pal
07-28-2003, 09:45 AM
I haven't done this, but just a bit of a warning - you might be seated outside. There are also tables inside and you cannot specify an outside table when you make PS's. However, if it were me I'd call sometime the day of your PS and tell them that's what you have in mind, and then arrive early for your PS and tell them again. I hear it's an awesome view - the patio is right on the water. Good luck!

SnowWitch
07-28-2003, 09:46 AM
We have been lucky enough both times we have eaten here to request patio when we approached the poduim and recieve it. Our PS's were for around 7:30 pm. Remember alot of people request this and you may not recieve it.

The view is of the lake and a front seat for Illuminations.

Alot of peple have been on to this for years so you will not be alone in this request.

Good Luck and a little pixie dust!

TammiMcMan
07-28-2003, 10:05 AM
Been lucky enough to sit outside on our last 2 trips to Epcot. I would definitely suggest getting to the podium about 30 minutes early or even changing the ps time to 7:30 instead. 8pm might be a bit late to get an outside table. If memory serves me, there were only about a dozen or so that had a great view from under the awning. I've read that some people will stop by the podium during the day and put in a request, but as far as I know, they still will not guarantee it. During busy times, if you don't take the table that's offered, you will lose your seating altogether.

As for the view, it's almost as though you are sitting on top of the show. Fireworks take off from literally right beneath your feet and you can feel the heat from the globe. Truly amazing.

Good luck

Jasminesmommy
07-28-2003, 03:54 PM
I just made reservations for 7:50 do you think that is too late? i would love to see it from the balcony if possible. How many tabels are out there?

jordgubben
07-28-2003, 03:58 PM
We had a 7:50 ps for Rose and Crown when we were there on our honeymoon and had perfect seats. I think it's a little bit of luck of the draw. Definitely get there a little early if you can. It is an amazing experience to have front row seats for illuminations.

Micca
07-28-2003, 05:27 PM
7:50 worked for us:D I would suggest that you book ps as soon as time allows, and check-in early. I felt that our ps having been booked so far in advance made a difference in accomodating our request.

JANIE G.
07-28-2003, 05:43 PM
WE WATCHED ILLUMINATIONS FROM THE ROSE AND CROWN PATION IN FEB. 2002. OUR RESERVATIONS WERE FOR 7:30, BUT WE ARRIVED 20 MINUTES EARLY AND REQUESTED A PATIO SEAT IF POSSIBLE. WE WERE SEATED ON THE LOWER LEVEL. IT WAS WONDERFUL WATCHING EVERYTHING FROM THAT VANTAGE POINT. HOPE WE'LL BE AS LUCKY THIS SEPTEMBER.