PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella's Palace: I am SO sad!!!

obnurse2003
07-27-2003, 10:56 PM
I have always dreamed of going there and seeing her. I have been on the phone every morning at 5:45 a.m. central time, dialing the Disney Dining number over and over until they open. I have two phones going at once, so I get to listen to the waiting music in stereo!!!

I dial probably about 30 times before I get through as they open. I am on hold for 18 minutes!!! When I get someone, thye tell me that they are sold out!!! Whaaaaaa! She even told me that I need to call by 7, which is what I have been going. 4 days straight.

I have one more day to do this. Tomorrow! I hope to get reservations for breakfast on the 26th. If not, that is our last full day there. I have tried for the 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th!

Are there any tricks or tips? Any chance of getting a reservation later for PS if someone cancels? Do you call daily until the day you leave?

Please help me....my DD and I are getting desperate!!!

mmgrdg
07-27-2003, 11:02 PM
good luck tomorrow!! Sounds like you're doing everything right...hopefully tomorrow will be your magical day! Let us know if you get it!

Disneymoon04
07-27-2003, 11:05 PM
Good luck tomorrow! Pixie dust to you. But even if you don't get it, make sure you call back periodically and check for cancellations!

taylor1293
07-27-2003, 11:34 PM
First of all, don't bother trying at 5:45. It's a waste of your time. Turn on the tv guide channel. When it hits 5:58:30 start dialing both phones.

I have been fortunate both trips using this clock/method and have gotten CRT the first time I called.

Is there anyone else (friend, family member) that can assist you with calling from another phone? If so, then ask them to help you out.

Also, what I learned on this last trip was that the first number to get through (to the music) is not always the line to get picked up first. Don't sit on two lines listening to music, use one phone to continually dial.

Best of luck!!!

Teresa

PRINCESS VIJA
07-27-2003, 11:43 PM
If you don't get through right away, call again later in the day. Last time we went, I had called, and DH called, one of us was at work during that time. About 1 hour later, Disney dining called and said we had 2 times, and had to give up one. THat opened up another time for someone else. Also, keep calling daily, even while you are there, people do call and cancel their PS's, so there is always hope.

With a ton of pixie dust, I hope you are lucky tommorow!

Jasminesmommy
07-28-2003, 12:15 AM
There is a lady on one of the other boards who has 3 for the 24th of sept and giving up 2. go to dining and look for CRT and its the last board like # 65.
I got PS for the 24th as well but I found they open at 6:58 there time sometimes so start at like 6:56 and keep hitting redial. i was on hold till 7:04 and still got 4 so good luck to you. I know how stressful it can be.

disneefamily
07-28-2003, 01:44 AM
Disnee Dad Says.................................I hope you get this in time, pray you make one last check on the dis.

Get to MK as early as you can, be at fantasyland at rope drop, and check in at the podium. There are a lot of no shows, people who think WDW is a vacation place! Once we had reservations for 10:30 or so, and were there for rope drop. The lady asked if we wanted to go right in! I said no, we have ressies for 10:30, but if you can get me in at 9:00 that would be great, thinking like she could do that. The reply was how about 9:15!

In summer it will be much harder, but same rule works, get there at rope drop, ask for any time and I'll bet you'll get one. Whatever it is take it and work around it.

Then maybe take the monorail to EPCOT, to celebrate your success, if you know what I mean!

Muffy
07-28-2003, 07:33 AM
If you don't get lucky there is a subsitute for CRT. The princess breakfest in Norway! I know it's not the castle but it is a very nice character meal for kids!

Puffy2
07-28-2003, 07:44 AM
Are you staying in concierge - if so, call them today and see if they can help you but still call yourself because often they don't get the reservation either.

If you strike out at 7am, you could call at 7:20 and 7:30 and 7:40 to see if someone cancelled a reservation (if they got two, they might have cancelled one by then). Ask about the other days to see if they had a cancellation or opening. Visit the restaruants message board daily -letting folks there know you are seeking a spot - someone might cancel and let you know about it first.

The Crystal Palace breakfast is very nice too - one of our favorites.

Jenn
07-28-2003, 07:48 AM
If you don't get the reservation, but really just wanted to meet Cinderella, she is frequently found in the tent in Toontown. We have seen her on the past 3 trips there, along with her mice.

Minniespal
07-28-2003, 08:10 AM
Good luck for tomorrow. Sending PIxie Dust to you that you will be lucky.

disneymom&dad
07-28-2003, 08:38 AM
I made reservations for my August trip for CRT and I got through every morning I tried. By the end of 3 days, we picked which time we liked and cancelled the others. Point of story, one, try for cancellations and two, call at exactly 7:00 EST. I'd dial early to set up the redial on phone, then lay in bed listening for the 7:00 am beep on my local news radio station and hit redial. I got a reservation every time. Good Luck!

familyoffive
07-28-2003, 09:32 AM
As an alternative, why not consider dinner at 1900 Park Faire to dine with Cindy? If you really want to eat in the castle, make a PS for lunch or dinner. You can get your visit with Cindy, Prince C, Suzy, FGM at the GF dinner.

KarenMick
07-28-2003, 10:22 AM
I was interested in getting a PS for CRT for our May 2003 trip. I called about 3 times, but was told they were booked for everyday of our trip. I also checked the Norway Princess breakfast, that was booked too. I made a PS for Dinner at CRT instead. When we arrived Cinderella was on the first level of the castle posing for pictures and signing autograph books. At least we got to see her and my daughters were happy.

pnelson
07-28-2003, 10:36 AM
I also agree with the other poster who said -Don't stay on hold! The times I have gotten through are when I would call, it would ring, the line would have a moment of silence, and then someone would come on the line. I almost hung up during that silence, but luckily I didn't. We also use three phones in our house to call. My husband was put on hold and I got that "silence". He didn't get the reservations, but I did.

obnurse2003
07-28-2003, 11:06 AM
:bounce:

HOORAY!!!! YIPEEE!! WHOO-HOOOOO!!!!

Thank you for all the hints!!!!!!! I GOT THROUGH!!!! I put on the t.v.guide channel, dialed at 5:58 and THEN:

my stupid phone would NOT redial to save my life!!! I had to manually dial the number FOUR times!!!!

My DH on the other phone dialing too. I got the guy's voice, hit #1, and got that "silence" and voila!!!!

I GOT RESERVATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! 8:10 a.m. at Cinderella's palace!!!
I feel like I won the lottery or something. And I thought I was completely out of control BEFORE. WOW!!! Thanks SO much to everyone and their pixie dust wishes. THAT must have been the trick.

Now I am just going to worry that there will be a HURRICANE and I won't be able to go there!!!! I wish there was pixie dust to make me stop being so nervous.

Wow!!! I am breathless and so happy. When she asked me the ages of my kids I said 35, 14 and 9! NO, I really didn't, but I should have.

8:10 a.m. WOW!!!! That's going to be great as long as the next Hurricane doesn't cancel the park's schedule!!!

Thank you!!!!!:Pinkbounc

CindyAnn
07-28-2003, 11:08 AM
Twice now when we've missed out on CRT reservations at the 60 day mark, I've called from WDW exactly two days before the day I want at exactly 7:00 a.m. They release some additional tables at that point, and both times I've actually been offered a CHOICE of breakfast times (for a party of four). I think the princess breakfast in Norway is equally nice, by the way, if that becomes available.

Good Luck!

Dixie Luvr 98
07-28-2003, 11:24 AM
Congrats Jackie:Pinkbounc

I was keeping my fingers crossed for you. Kept checking the thread to see if you got it!

Have fun & don't worry!

taylor1293
07-28-2003, 12:57 PM
:bounce: :Pinkbounc CONGRATULATIONS!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Enjoy your breakfast!!!

Teresa

pigby
07-28-2003, 02:23 PM
Congratulations - we were there on Thursday - Snow White in particular was so nice. Let me know if you have any questions.

wdwfan
07-28-2003, 03:03 PM
At the top of the restaurant board there is a link to helpful hints for getting CRT. Inside that post there is a link to a clock that is on eastertn standard time. It's supposed to be official. Everytime I have tried for CRT I used that clock. I had the clock on my computer screen and followed the exact directions on the CRT tip post. I started calling at 6:57, 6:58, 6:59, I did connect in right at 7:00am. Don't give up:sunny:

Good luck tomorrow morning! Sending lots of pixie dust your way!!!!:D :D :D

wdwfan
07-28-2003, 03:30 PM
Oops!! I think I was a little behind on this thread! Sorry!

Congratulations on getting your CRT ressie!! It is very exciting! :D :D :D :D :D

>>^..^<<
07-28-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by pigby
Congratulations - we were there on Thursday - Snow White in particular was so nice. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi pigby ~ please tell me you had the cream cheese french toast? I am hearing things that the menu has changed.

Do you recall what the adult/kids selections were?

Thanx

>>^..^<<

ahutton
07-28-2003, 05:23 PM
We've also had good luck by going on the day we wanted to eat there and just waiting for a table. If you go when they open you may have a shorter wait, but they will often take walk ups to just wait unless you have a large group. I usually only stress about a PS if I have a specific time on a specific day I want to do something. Otherwise I just wander up and have only been turned away once in many trips - for dinner at San Angel Inn when it was less than 30 minutes before their last seating.

cinmell
07-28-2003, 08:15 PM
Congratulations!

phyllis1966
07-28-2003, 11:23 PM
Congratulations!!! I came back to this thread after reading it last night, hoping to find out that you got your PS today - I'm so happy for you! :D

Disneymoon04
07-29-2003, 12:17 AM
That's fantastic news!!! Congrats! http://www.bobbi-brendan.com/images/Extra/Gifs/action-smiley-033.gif