PDA

View Full Version : Do you take pictures at Restaurants?

JodiR
07-27-2003, 06:50 PM
Just wondering if you take pictures of your food and the decor at the restaurants? I plan to, but didn't want to be looked at funny. I am sure people do this all the time though.

Jodi

ducklite
07-27-2003, 07:22 PM
I've done it. I've seen a lot of others do it. I don't think anhyone will think twice about it.

Have a great trip!

Anne

Mrs.A
07-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Yes, we do take pictures at the restaurants, and yes DH is the one who takes pictures of the food.

I'm so glad to hear he's not the only one doing this.:p :eek:

Disneymoon04
07-27-2003, 07:39 PM
Yup! Usually the sign at the entrance, a few room pics and then pics of the food. :)

Cindy B
07-27-2003, 07:49 PM
Yep! I've done it many times...

mickeysaver
07-27-2003, 07:55 PM
We definately took pictures at the Ice Cream Social with all the characters. We got some great video stuff too. That was the only place we did it though. I meant to take some at Tony's, but I was more into seeing SpectroMagic than taking pictures that rainy night. We had a small break in the rain and we got to see the parade! Mickey

Belle5
07-27-2003, 08:11 PM
It's us taking all those pictures of our food! (Make sure you get a picture of the restaurant sign. We do that with the family standing next to the sign.)

CamColt
07-27-2003, 08:14 PM
Ive taken pictures and even videotaped a little. I thought nothing of it until it was mentioned on this board once how tacky that was. :rolleyes: Glad Im not alone. ;)

jordanyosh
07-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Pics of restaurant entrance, restaurant, food and server.

SuiteDisney
07-27-2003, 08:53 PM
Of course. :teeth:

Simba's Mom
07-27-2003, 09:04 PM
Definitely! One time in CRT, I took a picture of our server holding the dessert tray (don't even know if they have a dessert tray anymore). I think he really enjoyed it. I think the servers like to have their picture taken.

Princess Michelle
07-27-2003, 09:37 PM
I do it all the time, I like to remember EVERYTHING from my trips. LOL :teeth:

bunnyfoo
07-27-2003, 10:46 PM
I felt a little funny about it at first but then realized that no one else really cared (or noticed what I was doing). I use a lot of the pictures for my scrapbook :) Looking back at some of the pictures (like the ones from 'Ohana) bring back memories of great meals!

Minniespal
07-28-2003, 03:43 AM
Yes ~ I've done it many times!!!!!

GoofItUp
07-28-2003, 08:38 AM
I must have missed the thread about taking pics at restaurants being tacky....I can't imagine why people care! I absolutely take pictures at restaurants. That's part of what we did (and sometime the best parts!) and I want to remember that, too!

Beth E. (NJ)
07-28-2003, 09:46 AM
Well then, color me tacky! I love to take pics of restaurants and the food. I like to have it so if I ever do my scrapbooks I can include it. And some of the food presentation at WDW is so cool I HAVE to have a picture of it.

Oh, Kay!
07-28-2003, 10:13 AM
I've even taken pictures of left-overs!:p
After we finished the complementary cake at the Garden Grill, I realized we didn't take a picture of it. Instead, we have pictures of a large white chocolate, decorated with "Happy Anniversary" and Mickey Mouse, sitting on top of crumb strewn plate.:rolleyes:

Another favorite picture was taken at HDDR when they broght out the "STRAW" "BERRY" "SHORT" "CAKE".

Kay

CamColt
07-28-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by GoofItUp
I must have missed the thread about taking pics at restaurants being tacky....I can't imagine why people care! I absolutely take pictures at restaurants. That's part of what we did (and sometime the best parts!) and I want to remember that, too!

Exactly! Your on vacation and you want memories, who cares? I believe the thread was started by someone who was apalled with people videotaping in the restaurant in France, and then getting a doggie bag. Most people seemed to think it was fine though.

MomEars
07-28-2003, 10:44 PM
We take pictures in restaurants all the time. We usually take pictures as a group at our table, and of Mickey food items such as MM waffles,butter,and ice-cream sundaes. The pictures you take are your memories to look back at ,along with the stories of Remember When! So snap away,so you'll always remember the good times you had even at the restaurants.:jester: :D

CRCrazy
07-29-2003, 07:11 AM
Yep - my hubby even took a picture of the server at the window of Flame Tree BBQ, you can see the kitchen in the background.

The server was really taken aback - probably should have asked first!!

My daughter was so excited at the PSB in Norway - we got to the podium to check in, and she asked the hostess who seated us for her autograph - she was funny - she asked if Sarah really wanted it - you bet she did, and a picture too! She liked their outfits better than the princesses!!

StaceyA
07-29-2003, 11:57 AM
I took a picture of the butter at CRT...it was so cute with the castle imprinted!
Im going to start a new thread where everyone can post thier favorite food photo!
I would love that, it might give me ideas of where I want to eat when I go in October!!