PDA

View Full Version : Finding lost relatives (Doncaster area)

Poohshoney
07-27-2003, 01:03 AM
Hi!
I'm trying to find relatives who live(d?) in the Doncaster area. I'm not doing so well. Anyone got any suggestions? I'd be VERY grateful! :wave:

mkingdon
07-27-2003, 11:22 AM
I'd try www.friendsreunited.co.uk.

Lots of us Brits have registered on here, and it may help you find your friends.

Good Luck

Craig

UKDEB
07-27-2003, 11:27 AM
My best friend is from that area. Not sure that that helps any, but you never know! Who are you looking for?

floridamum
07-27-2003, 02:12 PM
Im from the Doncaster area, what part of Doncaster did or do your relatives live in, there are a lot of areas of Doncaster, but you never know it might be near where I am.

Poohshoney
07-27-2003, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it. I'd love to find my aunt, my father's sister. They were estranged and then my parents divorced. I haven't seen her in thirty years but I have very fond memories of her.
I think she must be around 70, her name is Norah (I think it's with an H) Cunningham, nee Spencer. She married Anthony (again, I think it's with an H) Cunningham and they had one son called Alan, he must be in his mid-forties now. I know he married and had a son but that's all.

My grandparents lived in Doncaster, I remember the bus journey to see my aunt was quite a long one but then I was only little, everything seems long when you're little! I have no idea where we went any more, sorry. I wish I did.

I'm going to check that link now - thanks again for all your help! :D :D :D

Mpet
07-28-2003, 03:20 AM
Hi

You may have already tried this, but a good start is to look through the telephone directories (online) http://www.bt.com/directory-enquiries/ It will only show people that are not ex-directory, but it's a start.

A quick look for A Cunningham in Doncaster brings up 6 entries. You could call or write. I have used this approach when researching my family tree - I got some great responses.

Good Luck

Maxine

Poohshoney
07-29-2003, 11:54 PM
Thanks Maxine! I've drafted my letter and got my stamps - I've got such butterflies! I'll post if I find them! :D

lisag1
08-03-2003, 01:59 AM
Why don't you try the electoral roll. You can look on www.192.com. or if you visit friendsreunited they have a new site called genesreunited where you can list your family tree and search for members.

Good luck

Lisa

Poohshoney
08-03-2003, 03:19 AM
Thanks Lisa, I will! :D