PDA

View Full Version : Yachtman's Steakhouse

BarbaraMB
07-26-2003, 06:17 PM
Even if you are starving I don't think you need to order any sides here. The steaks are HUGH!!!!! We ordered side dishes and couldn't finish them. The desserts are really beautiful. You get to see what they look like when you walk in the restaurant. You will also see what the different cuts of beef look like if you are not sure what a Kansas City Strip is compared to a New York Strip Steak. Be prepared to spend $$$$$$$$$. Our family of 6 spent over $300 on this meal. What I could have bought with that money!

DrKnow77
07-26-2003, 10:41 PM
Hi BarbaraMB,

We are having our post Disney Wedding dinner at Yachtsman. How was your overall experience there?

Thanks!

swankybeth
07-26-2003, 11:09 PM
DrKnow--I ate at Yachtsman Steakhouse last December and had a great experience. Our waiter was fantastic and the food was excellent. We had the oysters rockefeller and the shrimp cocktail for starters, both were excellent. I had the blue cheese stuffed beef tenderloin and LOVED it. My boyfriend had some kind of huge steak that was very good as well. Dessert was good. I had sorbets that were very refreshing. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and I hope you have as good an experience (better, actually :) ) as we did.

Disneymoon04
07-27-2003, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the reviews!

Epcotgal8
07-27-2003, 10:37 AM
We've dined at the Yachtsman twice and enjoyed it. Service was very good as was the food. DH's steak and my prime rib were cooked to perfection. My prime rib was so good that I offered a taste to my children who were eating off of the children's menu and even my dd who doesn't care for meat that much loved it. I'm glad that it was a big portion since I ended up sharing a good bit of it with them. I've yet to try dessert there though since I'm always stuffed after dinner. Have a wonderful time!

BarbaraMB
07-27-2003, 12:57 PM
You will have a very good experience there. Everyone's food was cooked perfectly. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you don't mind spending a lot of money.

Minniespal
07-28-2003, 04:00 AM
Thanks for sharing!!!!!

JANIE G.
07-28-2003, 08:23 AM
NOW I'M REALLY EXCITED, AFTER READING YOUR REVIEWS OF THE YACHTSMAN STEAKHOUSE. WE'LL BE EATING THERE ON THE FIRST NIGHT OF OUR VACATION. I'M SURE WE'LL HAVE A WONDERFUL DINNER. THANKS FOR SHARING.

uncle al
07-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Just wanted to share one more positive review of YSH. As I have posted many times on these boards (and others) we have eaten at YSH many times (at least once per trip / an average of 4 trips per year for the past 10 years). The food has always been great, on ocassion the service hasn't quite been what we expected - BUT never bad enough to keep us away. In contrast to what I have read on some posts - I don't believe that YSH has "gone down hill in the past few years."

We just got back from a quick trip yesterday. We finally stayed at AKL - it was very nice. On our first night DD & DS wanted quick food from The Mara. DW & I wanted something more. After debating about Boma & Jiko we decided we would go for the old standby - YSH. We could not have been happier with our decision. I had the filet & garlic-smashed potatoes. DW ordered the huge caesar salad & creamed spinich (ordering this with the though that she would get to assist me eat my steak - wrong!!!). We also had a bottle of delicious Cabernet. The steak was the best I have ever eaten, and I mean the best. Cooked perfectly (medium rare, I hate it when the outside is burnt beyond recognition but the inside is correct - this happens more often than not) it melted in my mouth - knife not required. But the highlight of the evening was our server. Shamir was fantastic - engaging, but not intrusive. Friendly, but not so much that we wondered if he was going to join us. Right on top of everything - before we even realized that we wanted or needed something. We are looking forward to our October visit.

Micca
07-28-2003, 06:22 PM
DW and I celebrated our anniversary there in May. DW is a dedicated carnivore and rated her steak as one of the top 3 steaks of her life:bounce: I am not quite the meat lover she is, but I had the rack of lamb which was also very nice. If there is any way you can swing it, try the dessert sampler. We almost passed on it, but OMG it was good:Pinkbounc