PDA

View Full Version : Backlot Express at MGM?

Tiffany
07-26-2003, 04:20 PM
How is the food at this counter service place? We used to be loyal to the ABC Comm as far as counter service goes in MGM but the last few trips the food has been horriable so we are going to give this place a try for a quick counter service lunch while at MGM. What do you guys think?

ducklite
07-26-2003, 04:30 PM
I only ate there once, but that was once too many times for me :(

Although it's full service restaurants tend to be good to great, MGM really loses with it's counter service.

Anne

Minniespal
07-26-2003, 05:56 PM
I have to agree with Ducklite the counter service restaurants leave alot to be desired in MGM.

Starring Roles is not too bad for a really quick bite though.

disnygoof
07-26-2003, 06:13 PM
I agree! They USED to be a lot better, but when we went just this past May, it was AWFUL! They used to have a lot of toppings for the burgers/dogs, but now it was just ketchup and mustard! Icky! Next time we go to MGM, I'm making sure we make PS for Prime Time Cafe or eat out of the park that day.

Christiana

Belle5
07-26-2003, 08:12 PM
Friends of ours dined there within the past year and warned us to steer clear. They said it was awful.

swankybeth
07-26-2003, 11:20 PM
We got hot dogs there a couple of years ago and thought they were the worst ever! We normally love the WDW hot dogs, but I couldn't finish mine. You're better off going to one of the different outdoor places near Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster if you want something other than ABC Commissary.

Tiffany
07-27-2003, 09:03 AM
Thanks for all of the replies. I think we will just head back to the resort for pool and nap time before lunch instead of after and just grab lunch back there. Thanks.