PDA

View Full Version : Can An Adult Ask A Question?

scanne
07-25-2003, 07:30 PM
I'm a music teacher and I am taking my 8th grade choral group to WDW in February.

MOST of the kids are excited, but some don't see the point! They're going to get to sing at a Disney park (I'm hoping for MK), they will be taking a workshop on singing and performing, and then they will have 5 days to play in the parks!

How can I "sell" this to the non-believers? I am going to tell them about the DIS and this forum in particular.

Thanks for any feedback!!!

TiggerMegz
07-26-2003, 12:38 AM
okay, im a 16 year old girl in high school. i was in chorus in 9th grade. dont you think a bunch of eigth graders would probably wanna have fun in WDW instead of sing for a bunch of strangers?....I know i would rathre go have fun.
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

WDWfanatic288
07-26-2003, 01:14 AM
non-believers...there isn't too much that can be done b/c they aren't gonna understand how much fun it is until they go!!
maybe you could show them the planning video or something? maybe suggest a guide book so they could see all that there is to do and how much fun yall are gonna have?

I would say inviting the non-believers over here would be a good idea too! :)

Wick
07-26-2003, 01:15 AM
whats wrong with these kids?!?!?!?

i'm a 17 year old college-bound male. i'd love any chance to go back to WDW.. just emphasize to them that the 5 days to be spent in the parks are well worth the 1 seemingly dreaded choral performance...

are you guys staying on site?

scanne
07-26-2003, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the feedback so far. We are staying on site at All Star Music. I think showing them a planning video is a good idea and directing them to the DIS. I don't think the performance part of the trip is what they're "dreading." All of the kids in the group had to audition to be part of it, so I know they like performing. There were just two boys in the class that were like "Why? What's the point?" I guess when you're hit with negativity, you have to find a way to make them see the good in it??? I don't know. I'm just trying to take a group of kids to WDW to have FUN and to gain some performing experience.

teh fish
07-26-2003, 09:19 AM
maybe they need to quit being so 'cool' about going to 'a kiddie place' and just lighten up and have fun.