PDA

View Full Version : This took alot of self control

Safari Steve
06-01-2001, 11:54 AM
I think that I can finally share some projected dates that I was given almost a year ago. A new show will be introduced for the 100 Years of Magic celebration entitled 'Century of Dreams'. Concept development started in April of 2000, and the costumes should be completed by the end of the month. COD opens on September 1. I think the show has been announced, so it should be ok for me to share that much. I think this is what's slated to go into the ABC TV theatre at MGM. I hope it's good.

Kungaloosh!

DVC-Landbaron
06-01-2001, 12:12 PM
DETAILS!!!! DETAILS!!!! PLEASE!!!!

This is the first real rumor in months we can sink our teeth into! But we need a little more than a title!!

PLEASE - GIVES SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT!!!!

Thanks ;)

Safari Steve
06-01-2001, 09:27 PM
without getting in trouble... Dress rehearsals are scheduled for almost the entire month of August (21 days starting Aug 3) and design/construction started a full year ago (full delivery should be finished on the 30th of this month) which says to me that there are going to be some elaborate costumes. I also know that Gene Columbus (head of WDW Creative entertainment) saw the big show at DCA while in CA for the USITT conference and didn't like it, so it'll probably avoid anything that made that one less-than-stellar. (Gene loved the Eureka! parade, however, so expect the parades debuting in Oct. to aim high.)

babar
06-01-2001, 09:39 PM
What was in that theatre before? That sounds neat, although I'm not really one for shows, I like rides better.
Century of Dreams, is it about how Disney got started, or how the whole movie industry grew or something?

DVC- Landbaron, I noticed in another post you mentioned KiddieLand. I grew up right there!!!!

Small world, just thought I'd mention it!

Janet2k
06-01-2001, 09:53 PM
Safari Steve, it must have taken GREAT restraint to not post about this until Disney gave the official word. I'm hoping that you can divulge more details soon. Thanks a bunch!

smithdaddy
06-02-2001, 08:52 AM
the new dreams show sound like a tie-in with the new pop century resort soon to open. i wonder if we'll see the same icons in the show as we do on the building facades?

Buzz2001
06-02-2001, 09:43 AM
Thanks SS, GREAT news!!!!

Testtrack321
06-02-2001, 12:52 PM
I'll be there in August!

Plus, Safari, do you know any info on Tapestry of Dreams or any other new rides debuting?

Plus where is COD located?

Minnie's Guy
06-02-2001, 04:16 PM
It sounds like it will go into where Superstar Television and then the Doug show (Blah) was playing. I'm glad to see that they aren't going to keep this theater empty and have plans for it. Ther are already enough "empties" throughout WDW.

toefungus
06-03-2001, 06:15 PM
Sounds great. It is going into where Doug Live was? I can't wait to hear more details. Got any more news for us? :p

OnWithTheShow
06-03-2001, 09:39 PM
I have several friends over in WDW Entertainment and all I can say is that it has been a VERY VERY busy place for the last year and they are VERY VERY upset that their internship programs got cut, they really need them over there.

As a side note my park just keeps getting better and better. Just look what we have got recently and soon, a new character greeting area, rock n roller coaster, fantasmic, a new parade, a new icon, 2 new shows, and a new Star Tours next year. I just hope the rumors of Sorcery in the Sky returning for the celebration are true. Steve, when are you going to get out of the crowded Kingdom and come over to a real park!

YoHo
06-03-2001, 11:57 PM
Hey, Barbar, My parent's house is on Greenfield St, one block in from Thatcher in River Forest IL. I literally grew up 3/4 of a mile from Kiddieland. Went to church and School with the former owner's (good, new owners bad) son.

Landbaron and I occasionally use Kiddieland as a reference, Its nice to know someone else is from our rich, Mob infested corner of the world. :bounce:

toefungus
06-04-2001, 02:51 PM
If Sorvery in the Sky returned, that would be great! They could work the new hat into the show.

Safari Steve
06-04-2001, 10:08 PM
It'd be really creepy (and cool) to hear Vincent Price's voice bellowing through the central plaza once again... And, show... I may be that way before the end of the year... maybe...

PlutoPal
06-09-2001, 11:07 PM
That sounds really neat.....I'm guessing it's going in where Doug Live recently was?

IASW Rider
06-11-2001, 05:44 PM
Testtrack321 - I saw some of the costumes for the revised Tapestry of Nations while on the Backstage Magic Tour last week. They were being modeled for a group of executive-looking people in a conference room, and we all peeked in as we passed by. The costumes looked rather "space age" for ToN - white wigs and white fake eyebrows and silvery space-man-sorts-of-outfits. One even had a headpiece with things that looked like silver antennae with silver balls on top of them, sticking up! Very strange! I hope that they are not going to change the parade too much (especially the music and the puppets!)! We also saw some of the floats for the new MK parade being built - big plexiglass snow globes, in which characters will perform. Those looked really neat! (Although I will miss Magical Moments, even though it's been around for so long!)

Thanks for the update, Safari Steve! I'm sure that the new show will be great! And sorry that we missed you at the MK, last week!

Testtrack321
06-11-2001, 05:54 PM
From what I heard on Disney Mag. they said that there was going to be new music (NOOOOOOO!) and some new characters and a new float. My only hope is that the Millennium Drums, Most of the Music, and The Sage are kept! If not, it just isn't a "tapestry"!

toefungus
06-11-2001, 06:08 PM
New music?!?!? NOOOOO!! I hope they dont' change it too much. The music is one of the best parts! :(

IASW Rider
06-11-2001, 06:22 PM
I would be very sad if they changed the ToN music - I think that the current soundtrack is one of the most beautiful at WDW! And I hope that they don't stop using the puppets - it wouldn't be ToN without them! :(

Testtrack321
06-12-2001, 05:15 PM
IASW, compared to the current puppets, what do the new ones look like the most? Also, does anyone know the name of the new puppets. I remember reading them somewhere...

IASW Rider
06-13-2001, 11:00 PM
OH NO! THERE ARE DEFINITELY GOING TO BE NEW PUPPETS???!!! I didn't see or hear anything about new puppets - I only saw the new proposed costumes! DON'T TAKE AWAY THE CURRENT ToN PUPPETS!!!!!!!! :(

wdwguide
06-14-2001, 12:19 AM
New music... let's hope that this won't be the equivalent of a direct-to-video sequel to Tapestry of Nations, but a full-blown, The Empire Strikes Back-type triumph.

Testtrack321
06-15-2001, 09:56 PM
Sorry, but they are getting new puppets. But it sounds like the costums they were displaying were that of the dreamspinners.

IASW Rider
06-15-2001, 11:21 PM
WOW, Testtrack321! Lots of interesting information! (if not a bit depressing for an "original ToN" fan, such as myself!) Where did you learn about all of this???? And who are the Dreamspinners???? Tell us more!

Testtrack321
06-17-2001, 09:31 PM
I am an "origional ToN fan". It is at WDWMagic.com. There will be new puppets, dreamspinners, and a new (uh-oh) float called a dream catcher! Lets hope this won't be like JII to JIYI...:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: